When traveling to a place like Mustique, you expect things to be very nice...and Firefly does not disappoint. We stayed for a few nights in a beautiful room with a large patio, hammock, and spectacular views overlooking the bay. While obviously an older hotel/home, the rooms have been updated to be as beautiful as anywhere you'll go. The service is off the charts. Seems there's no request the staff wont happily accommodate to make sure you're comfortable. It's different than some other "5 Star" places you might go, however, in that everybody seems genuinely happy to be there and to help make your stay memorable.
Food is an important part of traveling for me and Firefly did not disappoint in this category. We took most all of our meals at the hotel and all were spectacular. Dinner each night was in the uber-romantic dining room and the food was very good, far better than one would expect (and usually receives in my experience) on a remote island. Breakfast brought to the deck each morning was lovely as well. Lunch was either poolside or delivered to the beach for a spectacular picnic by one of the helpful staff, who would then return to pick everything up. Each evening we would clean up after a taxing day of pool/beach/etc and head to the bar for sunset cocktails. I've had a lot of drinks in a lot of places and seen the sunset all over the world....but this is about as good as it gets. We met lovely and interesting people from all over the world who couldn't have been friendlier, some even inviting us to their villas for cocktails. It's a great bar and seemingly a very popular gathering spot for villa owners and renters from around the island. Not to be missed. Also not to be missed is the weekly cocktail party at the Plantation House. A bit of a dressy occasion, all the folks on the island gather for cocktails in the lovely great room of the other hotel on the island. Great people watching, free champagne, and wonderful company...not a bad combo.
One thing we were disappointed in was the transportation around the island. We were told that the way to get around the island is via Mule, but when we arrived were informed that all Mules on the island were already rented out. The staff was happy to give us rides wherever we wanted to go, but I like to explore a bit. Not a big complaint, if going back would just make sure to reserve in advance.
Overall a wonderful trip and we will certainly return. Mustique is a special place that manages to pull off elegance and class but in a casual beach setting. If going with a larger group would find a villa to rent, but until then we'll be staying at the Firefly and working our way down the martini list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Firefly is one of the Caribbean's most exclusive boutique hotels. Perched on a hill with magnificent views of the Caribbean Sea and neighbouring islands it affords the most wonderful sunset scenes from all rooms including the dining terrace and bar lounge area. Located on the private island of Mustique it offers its guests a romantic Caribbean escape. The bar and restaurant are the chic island favourite and the place to be seen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Firefly Mustique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firefly Mustique Hotel Mustique
- Firefly Mustique Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines