“Fantastic Dives, Great Owners”

Lumbadive Padi 5 Stars
Book In Advance
More Info
$255.00*
and up
2-Day Marine Biology Scuba Diving Course with Accomodation in Carriacou
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: LUMBADIVE PADI 5 STAR Resort, Carriacou Safe, professional and enjoyable diving with the most experience team, where & with whom you want to dive! Lumbadive opened since 2000, has become a meeting point in Tyrrel Bay, a hub of activity from where the diving starts, a friendly 'n welcoming place where you can feel at home. Service is in French and English but we also speak functional Spanish, Italian and German. Richard is a PADI Master Instructor, EFR and DAN Trainer who has over 1000 certified students at his count. Diane has over 20 years experience in diving and is a PADI MDST, EFR & DAN Instructor . LUMBADIVE PADI 5 STAR /GREEN AWARD, offers NITROX blend, is the largest dive center of the Grenadines. Monday to Saturday and on reservation on Sunday. Walk-in business is welcome. All equipment included in prices. Open hours are 08:30am to 05:00pm. You will find a Beuchat boutique, a classroom, a secure storage room for your gears between the dives, a repair and compressor room, hot water showers and a private jetty. At Lumbadive you'll get VIP service; we prepare, bring in the boat and to the dive center, rinse and hang your equipment with care as it is our own. You just have to relax and enjoy the marvelous underwater sceneries. No dive time limit; you dive as long as your air last. We will do the little extra you are looking for. Nothing is too much trouble to please you! We offer dive courses, excursions, snorkelling gears rental, private charters, repair services and underwater work. Private courses or class from Discover Scuba Diving to Pro including a variety of speciality courses like Sidemount, NITROX, UW Photography and Videography to name only these. Beginners sessions can be counted towards Open Water certification. Still being an insiders' secret, and off the beaten track, Carriacou offers unspoiled and uncrowded dive sites. Add Lumbadive team's dedication, experience and love for the Ocean and you'll get unforgettable dives, from spectacular full-adrenaline dives to long slow relaxed macro spotting dives. Over 35 dive sites for your pleasure.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
peterborough ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Dives, Great Owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a review that should have been done a long time ago as we dove with Lumbadive over Christmas holidays 2012/2013. However, I recently received a birthday greeting from Diane and Richard and it prompted me to type a few words about our experience. Simply stated, it was wonderful. Richard and Diane are extremely friendly and easy going. Immediately you feel relaxed and know you will be in good hands. We had 2 personal dives with them and once underwater, Richard the joker, made me feel completely comfortable. We saw so many beautiful creatures, thanks to his keen eye. I haven't had a chance to thank them for taking pictures of our dive as well. I hope that my husband and I can visit again and dive with Lumbadive. One of our best dive experiences and locations. Paradise!

Visited December 2012
Lumbadive, Owner at Lumbadive Padi 5 Stars, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Luba & Dennis,
Thank you for this lovely report. Customer satisfaction is our priority. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the Happy Birthday card. It was great fun to dive with you. I remember taking the picture. I was laughing so much that I flooded my mask looking at him trying to hold you both... :)
We like divers feeling comfortable, relax and safe. We are not only bring divers on the ocean, make a little briefing of the site and tell them to jump in the water in buddy team. We believe in the sharing of our passion by showing them new seascapes, meet diverse creatures and live unique submarine experiences.
Yes Carriacou is paradise! We are involved into environmental projects in order to keep surrounding reefs as healthy and unspoiled as we found them when we moved here.

We hope to dive with you in a near future.

Diane & Richard

Whitby, Canada
“Friendly, knowledgeable dive operator”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

The reefs around Carriacou are very healthy, vibrant and productive but this review is not about the reefs but about Lumbadive as one of three dive operators on this small island north of Grenada.
Richard was a very pleasant and knowledgeable owner whom we dove with over three days. His passion for diving was obvious, but more importantly he was also genuinely concerned about reef protection, habitat conservation and was proactive in his efforts towards reef stewardship and sustainability. He was certainly knowledgeable regarding PADI doctrine and was quick to offer suggestions and a helping hand whenever he could. His efforts made our days diving with him both enjoyable and relaxing. Richard also spoke English well, with French as his first language.
Lumbadive is a small business that appears to be the right size for a small market. His rental equipment (mostly Beuchat) appeared to be in good shape with a minimum amount of gear for purchase, although he does have the ability to order whatever you may need. He has a good selection of tanks, most of which were aluminum ‘80’s and a compressor and air banks, including nitrox, to fill them. The shop has a small area for training and DVD viewing in order that you may acquire additional certifications.
At the time of this writing, Richard was the only instructor while his wife Diane will soon be an instructor as well. Their 23’ boat was typical of the sort you find around the Caribbean, with bench seating for 10 divers and bungee tie-backs for tanks and your BCD. The boat fortunately had a bimini to provide some shade and along with the water and cookies Richard provided, our time on and in the water was very comfortable, exciting and fun.

Visited August 2013
Dear Dave,
Thank you for your report. We couldn't have done a better description of our dive center. We are working everyday to improve ourselves. We still expending our knowledge to offer the best diving experience to all our divers. We confirm Diane is now an Instructor. As Richard mentioned you, we are involved into environmental projects. These efforts help us to offer Carriacou surrounding reefs healthy and unspoiled.
We hope to dive with you in a near future.

Diane & Richard
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful dive sites, friendly people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was great to see the spectacular reef in Carriacou. Richard was very friendly and knowledgable of the area and I really enjoyed each of my five dives with Lumbadive. My only concern was that, as a relatively new diver, one of our dives went below my current certification level. Despite that, I would recommend Lumbadive and will use them again next time I am in Carriacou.

Visited August 2013
Lumbadive, Owner at Lumbadive Padi 5 Stars, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Joan,

Thank you so much for your review. Purpose of this FAM trip was to show you the beauty of Carriacou to later organised a group trip with your club. It was a real pleasure to dive with you as you are a very comfortable diver. You even see things before the dive guide (me). This huge monster lobster that I missed.
Concerning your experience (12 dives before Carriacou) and profile of your dives with us: Aquarium, Seaview - 39ft/49min, Tropical Hill - 56ft/50min, Sister Rocks, plateau - 59ft/41min, Mabouya Champagne - 76ft/49min and Under the House - 37ft/55min. During those dives, as a master instructor, I had assessed your capability as an excellent buddy to ensure you were safe at all time. Often, I teach AOW to divers with only 4 certification dives in order for them to gain confidence and comfort.
I hope you got Tugboat pictures of you with hundreds of fish.
Toronto, Canada
“What a team!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I did my PADI Rescue Diver and Dive Master courses with Lumbadive. Diane and Richard are lovely hosts but also excellent divers. Divers know that this activity entails some risks, and the team at Lumbadive is very efficient at managing those risks while keeping with a relaxed atmosphere. They make us feel part of the family!

Richard is a very patient instructor. He takes the time to explain the different aspects diving and the exercises that will be performed under water. He understands that we all learn differently and if one method does not work, he will try another one. I have seen him go through the discovery scuba training with students and the joy on students' faces when they succeeded at emptying their masks is priceless. Hearing the stories on the boat back to shore after their first dive with Richard is also a great pleasure.

Diane is a great dive guide, slow diver (as we like them) and quick to spot the tiny and unusual creatures. She has years of diving experience and will be a great instructor when she receives her instructor level in a few weeks. She takes care of her divers. We feel safe with her.

Wonderful diving experiences at Lumbadive. We are in good hands.

Visited February 2013
Lumbadive, Manager at Lumbadive Padi 5 Stars, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear OceanPearl2013

Thank you so much for this great rating. Tripadvisor report are important for us as many divers refers to them before choosing their dive holidays.
It was a great pleasure to teach you Rescue and DiveMaster skills. You are a fast learner and quick responder. We miss your giggles and winks too.
If you ever looking for a DM job, contact us first. We will be please to count you in our team.

In appreciation of your comments, you earn a free dive for you or one of your friend.
Looking forward to see you again in a near future in the clear and warmth Carriacou water.

Diane Martino, General Manager
St. George's, Grenada
“I Saw Things I've Never Seen Before”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I want to rave about Lumbadive Dive Shop in Grenada/Carriacou in the Eastern Caribbean. My dive master had fabulous underwater vision and pointed out dozens of creatures that I didn't notice, big and small. Lumbadive is concerned about safety, but also very fun-loving and playful. They took a very personal interest in me and my dive wishes, my experience and my circumstances. They tailored the dive to their divers' requests. They also take reef health and eco-management very seriously.

I have dived all over the Caribbean and would rate Lumbadive as one of the top dive shops in the world.

Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Lumbadive, Owner at Lumbadive Padi 5 Stars, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Marilyn,

We are so gracefull for that wonderful review. At Lumbadive PADI 5 Star Resort we always try do a little more then expected to satisfy our customers. We are please that you enjoyed yourself and are looking forward to your next visit. We will explore sites you didn't see yet.

Thanks again,