“Great pizza in a wonderful location!”

Lazy Turtle Restaurant & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Lazy Turtle Restaurant & Pizzeria. Our laid back restaurant & bar on the beautiful island of Carriacou is located right on the beach with panoramic views of Tyrell Bay. Come and chill out on the deck and join us for lunch, dinner or just a few cold beers taking in the stunning views and Caribbean sunsets! Moor up at own dinghy dock or park on the road for direct access to a unique Caribbean experience.We provide free hi speed wifi and a great atmosphere.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed on Carriacou for three nights in mid-May and ate dinner at the Lazy Turtle restaurant on our last night. The restaurant sits on a deck with a lovely view looking across Tyrell Bay and a great place to see the sunset. The owners have recently moved to Carriacou and are clearly as delighted with living in Grenada as we are. The Pizzas are as good as I’ve had anywhere in the world, and the environment to enjoy them in better than almost any other! The owners and staff were all incredibly friendly despite the place being really busy, and we felt a true Grenadian welcome for a lovely dinner. We will definitely be coming back there on our next trip.

1  Thank Tim W

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Something I've been meaning to do since I got back. This is the first Trip Adviser Review I have ever done but I feel so compelled too. I was in Carriacou for the carnival and spent most of my time in Tyrell bay although I stayed in town . I ate in the Lazy Turtle several times. It started because it was highly recommended but we enjoyed the whole experience so much it was a no brainier to return. We loved the food, ambience, cleanliness but most of all the staff. Sue and Shane always made us so welcome and we feel in love with the staff also. Make the most of Brendan who does front of house because I'm almost certain he's going to be a big star one day. We were lucky enough to be invited to a BBQ on the beach on the staff's day off and I've never met a better or funnier bunch of people. The place is immaculate and everyone takes great pride in everything they do. I mainly ate the specials at night and Pizza's in the day. This was because everything I tried was always fantastic so I didn't want to miss out on anything. You can make a night of it in Tyrell Bay as there is a rum shack just along the beach and other great bars. The buses are frequent and cheap and if Sue hasn't got music on someone else will have at the weekends. Can't wait to return and do it all again.

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Wow! Amazing pizzas and much much more - lobster (in season) superb. Shayne and Sue made us most welcome to their little bit of paradise and their staff were lovely. See you next year guys - we'll be back to sample the rest of the menu!!!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

On our recent holiday to Carriacou we ate here 4 times, each time the food was amazing, service excellent, setting hard to beat and food good value for money. We tried lots of different things on the menu including the fresh lobster and all the meals were first class. Try and go when they have live music as this just adds to the fantastic atmosphere, the children's steel pan band that played on one evening were brilliant and added to the Caribbean flavour, I hope they book them again, worth checking their website for special events.
Good luck new owners Shayne & Sue in our opinion the best restaurant on Carriacou.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had yummy cheeseless pizza here after having trouble finding vegan food on the island. The service was nice, and a group of Kayacs invited me to dine with them, which was sweet. It was not a cheap meal, but I don't think it was any more expensive than comparable places on the island.