“Still my favorite place to have dinner on Bequia...”
Review of Devil's Table - CLOSED

Devil's Table
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
West Milford, New Jersey
“Still my favorite place to have dinner on Bequia...”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

... but I can't give it the 5 star review that I gave it in 2010.

On the positive side, the ambiance has not changed. If they served dog food here, I'd still go just for the ambiance. It is extremely bizarre to me that the new management has chosen to market this place as Bequia's most "rocking" bar scene. Really?! First of all, is there a big Spring Break crowd that they're trying to attract? Secondly (and thankfully) I have not had any "rocking" experiences here. The mood has always been very chill.

They're dropping from 5 stars down to 4 because the food did not measure up to what we remembered. I have literally had some of the best meals of my life at this joint (yearly visits dating back to 2007), but this most recent visit was a bit of a disappointment - food wise. They still keep it classy: the chef sent out a tasty amuse-bouche while we waited for our apps. The seafood was still excellent, but the produce (e.g., the salad and bruschetta) did not seem as fresh and delicious as it has been in the past. I got a burger here one night that was great, but identical to the burger I had at Jack's the day before (same management). Thankfully, they still make amazing bushwhackers.

I still love you, Devil's Table, but you're slacking a bit.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank D-J-Naz

Hampshire UK
“Superb food but dreadful wine”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The restaurant is built into the rock & is a charming setting at night.

Eight of us ate dinner there & the food was exquisite. The Swedish chef did extremely well. A delicious starter of lobster on toast was served followed by some of the best meat we enjoyed on this trip. The local fish was excellent & the rack of lamb was served pink & was beautifully tender.

The restaurant was let down by its wine list. It had a very short list of Uruguayan wines. We tried a white, a pink & a red & they were all dreadful. If the restaurant management permits it, it would be worth paying corkage & taking your own wines to do justice to the food.

Edmonton, Canada
“Beautiful dinner with our new friends”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We decided to go for dinner with our new friends we met from Europe. What a delight it was to share a meal with them at the Devil's table. We sat outside and had some of the best fish I have ever eaten. The waitress was so pleasant and the food was amazing. Would recommend this restaurant as a must when visiting the island

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Best Meal in Months”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I had Valentines dinner at The Devils Table. We chose it for the excellent reviews, and were not disappointed. The restaurant is relatively small and covered, but not totally enclosed. One wall is a cliff face, and another is completely open to the Caribbean. It has a pirate theme which works well. The owners are Swedish, and I am guessing several of the waitresses are their daughters. The service was excellent, and this was on a completely booked night.

We shared a lobster appetizer that was as excellent as the lobster wraps we had at PSV. For the mains, my wife had the tenderloin fillet with a rum and peppercorn sauce and I had one of the daily specials- Swedish Meatballs with lingonberries. We paired a South African Merlot that really complimented the beef. Both came with mashed potatoes and were excellent. Tenderloin fillets are pretty rare in this part the world, but this was close to Ruth's Chris in quality. For desert, we shared a blu cheese cake. I like blu cheese- I like cheese cake- but I am not sure I would put them together.

What else can I say- for $400 ECD ($150 US), we had two cocktails, two gratis carrot soup amuses, one lobster appetizer, two gratis Sangrias, a large tenderloin fillet, Swedish Meatballs, a shared desert, and a really nice bottle of wine, and the gratuity was included in that total. I can't think of anyplace in the US that would come close in price. Very reasonable for such a memorable evening.

1 Thank 95rangerover
Stockholm
“good food and nice ambeidience”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

exellent inspiring menu and really good performance bye the chefs and a good spot to meet people- just too many people on fridays

Visited February 2014