“Atmosphere alone was worth the price.”
Review of Devil's Table - CLOSED

Devil's Table
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
West Milford, New Jersey
“Atmosphere alone was worth the price.”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This was third trip to Bequia, and consequently, my third time at Devil's Table. Each of our visits was a memorable experience. We love the style. The lighting is perfect. We sat right next to the water, where you can actually watch the fish and shellfish moving about the reef (the restaurant aims floodlights on the water to illuminate the reef). There was a local band playing that night, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We found the music to be completely non-intrusive as far as volume is concerned. And the food... Honestly, I've been impressed each time. The seafood seemed extraordinarily fresh, the flavor combinations were fun and unique, and even the plating was noteworthy. We ended with a couple of blended bushwhackers, which were excellent. I posted a few photos that I think capture the vibe I'm talking about. Loved this place, and looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank D-J-Naz

Greenville, NC
“Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful food!”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This restaurant is located right on the water in the location believed to be the place where the pirate princess Alvilda and her band of female pirates eventually forced their male cook, a native of Bequia, to walk the plank. Regardless as to whether or not the story is true (I’m dubious), it still creates a wonderful theme for the restaurant. It uses the natural rock structure to create cave-like walls and is built to look much like the inside of a pirate ship, complete with lanterns and portholes. The candlelit tables and the soft music helped to create a very romantic ambiance. The menu is varied enough to provide options for diners on a budget (about $15 US for some entrees), while also providing more expensive options for those wanting to splurge for something special. The most expensive option on the menu (about $45 US) is their steak with rum and pepper sauce. According to the story on the front of their menu, the recipe is identical to the one that Princess Alvilda’s cook prepared for them, found written and intact during the excavation of her pirate ship. Again, I’m not sure I believe the story, but my wife ordered the steak and I sampled a few bites. I have to say, it really was the best peppered steak I’ve ever eaten and well worth the money. I ordered the catch of the day which was Mahi Mahi, and it was excellent as well.

• Visited April 2011
Buccament, St. Vincent
“Small Menu, but all items perfectly executed”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

The food at devil's table was all superb. It's difficult to always get food cooked as requested, but it was done exactly to order. Between all of our party, we had almost everything on the menu, and there was not a complaint about a single item. Maybe one of the best meals for dinner on the island.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Standards slipping”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

As regular viisitors to Bequia and the Devils table we were, for the first time, disappointed.. Service was painfully slow with unenthusiastic staff. The liqueur coffee normally a treat was nearly returned with a complaint.

Earth
“Music is MUCH TOO LOUD!!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

The sound system here is far too loud, and can be heard all over the harbor and rest of the Island. Noise pollution at its worst.