“Brilliant! Best on the island by far!”
Review of Dive Bequia

Dive Bequia
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Bequia
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating our 30th year in Bequia in 2014, Dive Bequia is a renowned PADI 5* Dive Centre providing guided trips three times a day for certified scuba divers and snorkelers. Centrally located and family run, we offer a professional, safe and fun service reflected in the high level of repeat customers who return year after year. We offer the full range of PADI courses, from beginner Discover Scuba Dives up to Divemaster. All PADI instruction is taught by licensed and insured PADI professionals. Dive Bequia is the only Enriched Air Nitrox provider within the Grenadines. Scuba and snorkeling equipment is available to rent, and free collection service from yachts is offered. You are assured of a relaxing and adventurous time with Bequia's ONLY premium PADI 5* Dive Centre.
London
“Brilliant! Best on the island by far!”
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I recently spend my second trip to the lovely island of Bequia and the first stop was to check in with Dive Bequia. The team are so friendly and professional, they ensure a good mix of fun and professionalism. I would have no worries in recommending them to a friend (in fact I did and they completed the Open Water Scuba course with them !!!). The knowledge of the dive sites are second to none! I just want to thank Cathy, Bob, Chris and Liz for another fabulous holiday! See you next time!

Colorado
“Great Caribbean Diving Experience”
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Dive Bequia is one of two dive centers located on the small island of Bequia run by Cathy and Bob. Bequia is not a resort type island, so don’t go to Bequia if you are looking for that kind of experience. From a diving perspective, the waters around Bequia are excellent and the Dive Bequia team do an excellent job. My wife and I hadn’t been diving for ten years, but we were well looked after and were made to feel relaxed and at ease. Their small center is in a perfect location and all the equipment was in excellent order. They seemed to be getting more business that the other dive center on the island, and were clearly a favorite with many of yacht folk that used them every day. Top highlights to the experience were divemaster DiDi the ‘Seahorse Queen’ who took us out most days on the boat, and Randy another divemaster who accompanied our dives. They had the perfect mix of being relaxed, looking after us, and keeping us safe. The food on Bequia was disappointing, so again don’t consider the island if you are after the luxury Caribbean experience that some of the other more exclusive islands offer. But if you want a ‘get away from it place’ with excellent diving options you should consider Bequia and the Dive Bequia team.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We spent 4 weeks in Bequia this summer and chose to dive with Dive Bequia. We thoroughly enjoyed our diving experience. The dive staff, Chris and Liz, were very professional and friendly, Didi the boat driver was very knowledgeable and the boats were spacious. As experienced divers, Chris was keen to make sure we visited all the dive sites and saw as much as possible. Liz also fulfilled her promise of finding us our first seahorse!

We would definitely recommend Dive Bequia and hope to return to beautiful Bequia one day.

UK
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My sons (both 12) took the PADI Open Water Cert this summer with Dive Bequia. I chose Dive Bequia because it came highly recommended from TA members & it's a 5* PADI centre. Before we arrived all my questions were answered promptly by Cathy. She advised reading the maunal before they arrived which was spot on. The boys were given as much time as they needed in the classroom on on the practicals. At no time did we feel rushed or silly for asking stupid questions (neurotic mother!). My husband is an experienced diver, I'm a nervous one & our sons newly qualified but somehow Dive Bequia managed to find the balance & we all really enjoyed it. The equipment looks well maintained, and the boats are easy to access, the staff are lovely, the visibility is great. Add lovely staff & it ticks every box.

uk
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Possibly the best dive shop on Bequia”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

A professional dive centre that is family run, has all the right kit & boats all of which are maintained to a high standard. Most of all the team Cathy, Bob, Robyn, (not forgetting Willow), Didi, Chris & Liz are very experienced, happy to offer of advice & tips,above all offer friendly & fun diving.
Cathy even managed to coax my wife & daughter under the water in the lagoon twice, amazing!
Hope we get the chance to return soon, to find the elusive sea horses!!! Will send some plastic ones in the mean time.
Upside..... being picked up off the beach right outside my front door, fantastic!
Downside......... the Ice cream parlour at the Gingerbread Hotel