“Lovely West Indies cuisine and friendly staff”
Review of The Fig Tree

The Fig Tree
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Bequia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a lovely, plain and simple restaurant on the waterfront in Bequia. The food is simple and local, the pumpkins fritters were super and the eggplant was the best I have ever tasted. Fish seems to rule the day and mine was stewed in a mild Creole sauce and was outstanding. They introduced me to Bitter Lemon soda, a nice refreshing and light alternative to Coke/Pepsi. Friday nights are an island affair with music, dancing and reduced prices on their food. Don't miss this when you are on Bequia!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great setting in Harbour .. , friendly and casual and good inexpensive dinner ... BYOB! BBQ of various fish at 25-5 $EC! Great meeting place!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I recently went to the Fig Tree for Friday Fish Night. Have your choice of grilled fish or conch. Enjoy a beautiful view of Admiralty Bay while listening to a local guitarist. Friday brings out a good number of local residents. Take an after dinner stroll along the Bequia walkway - just charming!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was the worst meal we had after 4 days on Bequia. We were leaving on the ferry at 2 pm and decided to have a light lunch. My kids ordered beef burgers with fries. The bread was stale and could not be eaten, the patty and fries were soaked in oil and soggy. I wanted to try the conch roti which was tasteless.The prices are cheaper than other places but was a waste of money.The service is slow but you learn to expect that.
The only positive was the friendly staff and there are a lot of children's books .I asked about a dish with breadfruit since there was a tree in the yard and I know you can make so many different dishes with breadfruit. They said they would pick one and it would take about 15 minutes but I said no because I knew that it might be longer and we didn't want to miss the ferry.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We came here during the day to look at the dinner menu, didn't seem anything special. When we returned in the evening, it looked wonderful. Tablecloths, napkins and candles. I chose T-bone steak and my partner had Mahi Mahi. Both came with rice, sautéed pumpkin and eggplant, salad and plantain. Food was lovely, I had a glass of Malbec with mine. There were about 12 different choices of wine. I asked which I could have just a glass of. Any one you like was the answer :). Bill for 2 was US$55.

1  Thank Angie G