“Excellent place for relaxing”

Rich View Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 8 Kingstown B&B and Inns
Castries, St. Lucia
“Excellent place for relaxing”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I've done Micheal and the Richview Guesthouse a great injustice by taking so long to write this review. My wife and I stay there the first week in august last year in the honeymoon suite. Micheal is really nice and really helpful and so are the staff. Mike picked us up and dropped us back at the airport, took us on a tour of the mainland and brought us around at night to have some fun with him (not that he had to). The food was really tasty and the a/c room was cleaned daily. Wish my room was so cozy...lol. I'd strongly recommend this place for anyone who needs some peace and quiet to relax. The beach is about a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here for two nights on a short trip to St. Vincent. It's a great place with amazing views of the sea and Bequia Island. Michael, who picks you up from the airport, is a really nice guy and the other staff was very friendly. I traveled by myself but quickly met other people at the guesthouse - so it's a good place to meet other travelers and have some interesting conversations. Everything's relaxed and informal, the room was clean and quiet and I had a big balcony. The only disadvantage, though, is that there's no supermarket or restaurant nearby, so your only choice is to have dinner at the guesthouse or plan ahead and buy something in the city.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank littlemissstrawberry
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Although the people are very nice and the location is near the airport, I wouldn't use this hotel again. The downstairs rooms smell of mold and all the rooms are crudely put together. After getting one of the better rooms: it still had light bulbs in sockets in the wall for lights, plastic flowers scotch taped to the wall for decorations; no hot water except in the shower head when you turn a switch on right before taking a shower; a tiny cracked mirror over the sink; super rough towels that must have been hand washed and hung to dry; and the view from the room is of construction vs. the ad showing beautiful hillsides. It was the strangest hotel I ever stayed in. Thankfully I did not see any bugs in the room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SailMoreWorlLess
Paris, France
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I stayed here only one night with my five year old coming from Europe on my way to the islands and it was perfect. Michael picked us up from the airport even though our flight was delayed and then dropped us off the next morning even though there was only a pick up included in our initial deal.
Clean, safe, cool. Big respect for Michael and his team

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Located near Kingstown and with good sea views, this guest house offered all the delights of a clean, welcoming and comfortable stay in St Vincent. Good food, friendly and pleasant staff, and a proprietor who goes 'the extra mile' to provide his clients with the highest level of customer service. Thank you Rich View. Mr & Mrs Sutherland.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JandJ_Sutherland
Weston, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2010

From the moment I arrived in St. Vincent, I was treated with exceptional service, thanks to Michael and the staff at Rich View. And, because the entire staff is kind, helpful, knowledgeable and professional, my experience got better with each passing day.

I encourage my family, friends and colleagues, with great conviction, to visit St. Vincent and the Rich View Guest House.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Trinidad
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This was my first trip to SVG and it was amazing from the moment we stepped off the plane, we were greeted by Michael who immediately took us to the hotel just minutes away from the airport overlooking a fabulous view of Bequia in the distance and the tranquil blue ocean. Kudos!! Michael & DB for and enjoyable experience. "Trini" (Rm 108)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingstown
Blue Lagoon Hotel and Marina
#2 of 5 in Arnos Vale
Grenadine House
Grenadine House
#1 of 5 in Kingstown

Been to Rich View Guesthouse? Share your experiences!