Tranquillity Beach Apartment Hotel
Beachcombers Hotel(Arnos Vale)
$117
$120
$116
Paradise Beach Hotel(Arnos Vale)(Great Value!)
$100
$85
Travelocity
Young Island Resort(St. Vincent)
$282
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 21, 2008

We visited Tranquility Beach Apts. in august 2008 and had a great time. We based our choice on other reviews and the low price. The appartments themselves arent spectacular, but very clean (big plus) and offer everything you need (including AC). And for this price you really can not complain.
The view is great, right over the ocean out to Bequia.

From the moment we arrived Lucille has been the best host. She took us on various trips along the island and even gave us a taste of the local kitchen. Above all she just always seems very warm and kind.
For us it was an entirely different way of getting aquainted with the island, in a positive way. Lucille has a lot of knowledge about the island and she shared a lot of it with us, which we really enjoyed. She also gave good advice about trips and sights.
Overall we were very satisfied. The other staff has been very friendly and helpfull as well.

This all has led us to give a excellent rating.

If youre not to demanding this is the perfect spot!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Niels_R
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Tranquilty is right next to the ocean. Beautiful view however the actually building is a little old. The rooms are well maintained. The reason I stayed here was because of the price and Ms. Lucelle made all the other issues I had with accomodation seem unimportant. She is friendly ,exceedingly helpful ,feels like a relative who I have not seen in years.

Good points: The view, Ms. Lucelle and it is really tranquil
Bad points: Far from the main road, shops and food. Be sure to stock up if you plan to stay inside.

Overall fair, the people make the trip and this place worthwhile.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I do not think words alone can express the great time I had at the hotel. I read all these reviews before I chose the hotel, I also chose it because it was very economical. The place is absolutely amazing. I am an islander and when you can feel like you are home away from home it is a great feling. Lucille and her family were great, took myself and my fiance to the set of Pirates of the Caribbean. As soon as we got to the hotel, there was Lucy wanting to take us on her trip to town so we could purchase some items.

I will recommend this hotel to couples, families anybody who wants a vacation that is fun filled, beach filled and hospitality that is second to none.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank spaintrini
Reviewed April 8, 2008

We have just returned from St. Vincents, our 6th visit. And as always we prefer to stay at Tranquillity. For us St.Vincents and Tranquillity has come to mean one entity. Why? We have to come to love the island with its variety of options for adventurous grown ups (not to say old... 62/73). The beach just below the hotel, the snorkeling and the beautiful fishes, the sun sets from "our" balcony, the friendlyness of Lucelle, the owner of the hotel. She has driven us around most of the island. Enthusiastically shown us the most beautiful landscapes, historic sites and told us about the caribs, her ancestors. She is more than happy to share local receipes with us and she is a good advisor on where to shop. I love the vegetable and fruit market, and most of all the fish market. And Lucelle has recommended where to get the best (fish)cakes and bakes. Since we just want a simple double room, our preference is the room Flamboyant, top right seen from the sea - with a big terrasse in front, a small kitchenette and shower/wc. If we need more utensils for cooking we are always welcome to borrow from Lucelle.

And since we are rather on the wild side, we take the bus to the most remote areas and search for solitary beaches, caves, we have walked up to and across Soufriere, the vulcano, and down on the other side. And too often we walk barefoot. Once this has caused some trouble. It is then good to know the the hospital has very friendly and capable personnel. And what more all treatment is free - absolutely no cost for foreigners. Not that we recommend getting wounded on your vaccation, but don't worry if you do. This hospital is probably as good as the one where you come from.

We would gladly recommend this island, this hotel to anybody. And we are again planning our next trip there.

Stayed: March 2008
6  Thank alphOslo
Reviewed February 12, 2008

I must confess its a few years ago that I was in St. Vincent. We plopped over from Bequia and it was the carnival weekend in July. That was all great....We chose Tranquillity because it was a cheap option. And what we received in terms of friendship and loveliness from Lucille couldnt be topped.
I was travelling quite a bit around the world - and I always loved the beauty and the charms of people. And this was such a spot. The hotel is simple, the room is simple - nothing special. But its the atmosphere and the friendship that made it so special. Lucille took us to the stadium and we saw the contest of the best costumes...it was a hot sunny afternoon and it was a real great experience....I will never forget.
If you are looking for an authentic Caribbean place with authentic people who can to tell you about their island - then stay here. Lucille knows everything about her island and she gives good advices - plus she is one of the nicest people I ever met.
I want to say THANK YOU again - even though its a few years back. But my memories are still so fresh. And I enjoyed it so much!
If you search for a fancy up-market resort with private beach, stay away from here...that isnt the right place then. But if you look for the get-together with real authentic St. Vincentians, then go and speak with Lucille....She will love to answer!

Stayed: June 2004