“The Tranquility is all abouit Miss Lucelle”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingstown
Tranquillity Beach Apartment Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Kingstown B&B and Inns
Huron, OH
“The Tranquility is all abouit Miss Lucelle”
Reviewed January 29, 2008

We arrived on the late LIAT flight, and got Miss Lucelle out of bed. She was so sweet and helpful. The room has a little deferred maintanence, but is spotlessly clean. BUT, when morning came, and I looked out from our patio.....the most amazing view ...couldn't believe it. The swimming and snorkeling right below us was terrific.
Miss Lucelle then made the stay even more memorable. She gave us a lift when she headed into town, sent up food, and always had a smile. She taught us to take the "dollar bus"..a must do experience, gave us a personal Fort tour and dropped us off at the botanical gardens. We got to know our neighbors, all of whom had also been taken under Miss Lucelle's loving wings.
View is terrific, place is affordable, and location is perfect on Indian Bay.....but when we left, it was all about Miss Lucelle, Christian (our neighbor) Washington and Budha (the dogs).

• Liked — Miss Lucelle and view
  • Disliked — Overland walk to beach bars, but can get anywhere on dollar bus
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank ccsabathia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
london
Reviewed January 3, 2008

I am a regular visitor to St Vincent but this was my first time staying in a hotel. I could't have picked better. The owner, Lucelle is unbelievably friendly and sweet. I have been to many hotels in different countries and may I say that she treated us better than any Sheraton/ Hilton hotel staff ever have. This made our stay very comforting. The rooms were cleaned regularly and extremely thorough by the cleaner who even folded up clothes!!!!!!! The cleaner, I forget her name was also very nice and the receptionist helpful. The room was quite big with two beds. The beds were comfortable. The decor was ok...maybe needs a little updating but to me I was highly impressed. It was comfortable and what more do u need than that for such a beautiful island. The hotel is a stone throw from Villa Beach which is a nice! The locals are charming. The surrounding area is near to places where u can catch a van into town. My advice is to book this hotel directly as its cheap enough. Now it hasnt got the amenities of a 5* but it is very very comfortable. My only fault is the fact there is no phone installed. Anyways, people that want total relaxation and are able be content in a simple hotel....this is the one for u! I really highly recommend it. I think the homely touchs and the accomodating staff really make this hotel.

• Liked — Fact its near the beach. People that own it.
  • Disliked — Theres no phone line/ no internet access/ no restaurant but there are some nearby! Xcape!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
6 Thank LondonCals
Toronto
Reviewed October 22, 2007

I have stayed in over 50 hotels in the Caribbean and Tranquillity is the only one that made me feel like home.
This hotel in my book is St. Vincent best value.

• Liked — the view from my room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank finao
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 1, 2006

If it's tranquillity you want you've come to the right place. I happened upon this gem 14 years ago my first trip to SVG. From the moment I arrived it felt like home. Lucelle and Ceford are 2 of the most welcoming, hospitable people I have ever met in my travels holding true to this day.

All the hotel/apartments provide you with a commanding view of the Caribbean with Bequia, Young Island and Fort Duvonette in the near distance. While the sun rises rise over the hill behind the hotel not much to see, however sunsets are some of the best I have ever experienced. Nothing better than to sit on your porch each morning, cup of coffee in hand and watching the Windjammer ships when in port or the ferries sail between Bequia and Kingstown as well as the fisherman head out to sea for a day of hard work. In the evening relax with a cold drink as the sun kisses the sea goodnight. Spectacular colors, you might even see the green flash. One of nature's best offerings. During the day if it rains all is not, lost rainbows usually come shortly after a shower has finished. At night the sound of tree frogs and waves will lull you into a wonderful sleep. Fans and open windows(with bars to address any safety issue) keep you cool and comfortable.
The rooms are basic efficiencies. Housekeeping is impeccable. Private baths with showers in all units. Stove, refridgerator, table and chairs, loveseat, twin or double beds and sitting chairs complete the furnishings. Laundry can be arranged with Lucelle as well as tours, transfers and all around good company. Last visit she suggested dinner at Xcape located in Villa across from Young Island. In a word excellent. If it's a beach you desire the hotel sits on a small hill directly overlooking the beach at Indian Bay. Just a short 5 minute walk down the hill and you're there.

If it's the Ritz you desire don't bother, but for a clean, comfortable place to rest your head, peace, quiet and contentment plus a taste of true Caribbean hospitality and friendship Tranquillity is the place to visit. I can't wait to return.

• Liked — not in any specific order proprietors, price view
  • Disliked — no pool and while I don't watch much TV if I was spending more than a few days lack of cable or satellite TV could become an issue.
  • Tips/Secrets — remember it is a barebone basic clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
15 Thank vinceygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingstown
Blue Lagoon Hotel and Marina
#3 of 5 in Arnos Vale
Beachcombers Hotel
Beachcombers Hotel
#1 of 5 in Arnos Vale

Been to Tranquillity Beach Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!