“A little slice of paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingstown
White Sands Cottages
Windsor, United Kingdom
“A little slice of paradise”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I've been to St Vincent about a dozen times but this trip was the most memorable. My fiancée, Tracie and I with Tracie's daughter Christie, arrived quite late (thanks to Liat) but we couldn't have found a warmer welcome. Sophie had arranged to provide us with a few basics like milk bread etc and come the morning we awoke to the most amazing view form our balcony, the sun was shining and we were all very happy to be there. The cottage was extremely well equipped and clean and the accomodation was very comfortable. I think Sophie and Guy have a little paradise here and we will definitely be visiting again soon. Thanks again guys for looking after us so well, and well done Guy for winning the rugby match between SVG National Team and HMS Halifax. I drank a little too much of the sunset rum but it was a lovely day. Christie and Gabriel especially enjoyed Sophie's homemade banana cakes.

A lovely trip to Tobago Cays thanks to Fantasea Tours and our beautiful wedding day at Buccament Bay Resort highlighted a fantastic holiday. We very much look forward to staying at White Sands again soon.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank HalfJobHarry

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've stayed at White Sands Villas several times over the years and have never once been disappointed. The hosts, Sophie and Guy, are very attentive, friendly, professional, and welcoming, making each stay absolutely delightful. They have also arranged various tours so that I could get a better impression of beautiful St. Vincent and what all it has to offer to its visitors.

The cottages are all charmingly decorated, with everything one can possible want and need on a vacation in the Caribbean. Location wise, I would say it is one of the best in St. Vincent, as it is central enough to get to Kingstown, the airport or the ferry terminal within a reasonable time, yet you really are away from all the hustle and bustle and can enjoy peace and quiet. An added bonus is of course the waterfront location, with one of St. Vincent's only white sandy beaches nearby, great for taking a dip in the mornings or cooling off in the afternoons. I can only recommend it further!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank vivivivis
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had an amazing visit to St Vincent. Sophie and Guy were wonderful hosts at White Sands Villas. The villas have stunning views over the ocean and harbour. They were extremely clean, spacious and great value. Sophie and Guy took us on a sailing trip to the nearby beautiful island of Bequia. We did lots of exploring of the island and the rum shacks and met some local characters. They were extremely helpful and friendly and knowledgeable about the island and its history. Can't wait to go back. It's a beautiful place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our visit to St. Vincent was amazing, and made even more perfect by our stay at White Sands Villas. Our studio villa was right by the sea and the owners, Sophie and Guy, made our stay a true Caribbean experience by generously giving us an insight into the local area, history and culture. We went on a jaw-dropping sailing expedition with them and explored all the best rum shacks where we met some of the local characters! Our stay here was everything we wanted out of our trip to the Caribbean (and some), and in the end White Sands Villas was so much more than just a beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsty S
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I lived in St. Vincent for a year whilst working in the local hospital as a Paediatrician, and must say that amidst the stress of work I absolutely had the time of my life! There are so many wonderful memories its hard to list them all, however a few of the highlights involved Guy, Sophie & White Sands.

I rented a studio villa at White Sands which was comfortable, safe & had stunning views of the ocean. I felt like I was in a postcard, literally! I hardly wanted to leave, opting to spend many evenings on the veranda with new found friends and rum punch! ;)

I did many trips with Sophie & Guy, including a speed boat ride to the waterfalls (one of my favorites), sailing to Mustique & two island tours up both sides of the island. It was like nothing I'd ever imagined before... so serene, with nature's beauty so up close and personal that there was no choice but to let the stress melt away. Sophie & Guy were so helpful, so friendly & just extremely knowledgeable about the island, its history, and beyond. We have all become great friends!

To be quite honest, I'm still in awe at how staying at White Sands left me with such a feeling of inner balance and overall deep satisfaction. I went there stressed out from work, and left there rested, adventurized (if that is even a word :)), surrounded by beauty, and just overall really happy. I cannot stress enough how awesome Guy, Sophie & White Sands were... I miss them and St. Vincent so much and I absolutely cannot wait to return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Raphaëlle J
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We spent 4 weeks in St. Vincent and had an incredible time there. Though there were many highlights to our trip, the time spent at white sands villas with Guy and Sophie has to be right up at the top of them. From the sailing trip to Tobago Cays, to evenings in little isolated Rum shacks in the mountains, these two really showed us the true Vincentian way of life.
The accommodation was extremely comfortable, with all the mod cons you need, and perfectly located along the lagoon. It is also close to the main roads so that transport into town was easy; although Guy was normally at hand to transport us in his rather trendy open door Land Rover Defender with authentic tattered St Vincent flag flying proudly from the aerial.
I could not recommend the accommodation anymore highly. Our time in St Vincent would not have been the same had we not met Guy and Sophie. Absolutely fantastic time!
ps. Be wary of the Sunset rum, it's not a drink for the faint hearted.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aran S
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I cannot stop smiling every time I think of my holiday in St Vincent, this is all down to Sophie and Guy, the owners of White Sand Cottages. Not only do they rent out beautiful cottages by the sea, but they give you the true caribbean tour experience. Guy who is a native of St Vincent and Sophie who has now settled on an island that she use to visit regularly took me and my family all around the island to secret locations to popular tourist spots. Guy gave us intimate knowledge about the history of the island, from plants, animals to the people and how the island has evolved. We drank rum with the locals and dined at Walliabou Bay. Guy and Sophie made our stay at the cottage feel homely and relaxed, with a 5* treatment. Guy an experienced Captain, took us sailing in the deep blue and even let us steer the 'ship'! They gave us the best experience, feeling and encounter which brought me and my family closer together. I felt like a pirate than a tourist. If you ever go to St Vincent be sure to stay at White Sands!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cindy s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingstown
The Cobblestone Inn
Beachcombers Hotel
Beachcombers Hotel
#1 of 5 in Arnos Vale
Richmond Vale Diving & Hiking Centre

Been to White Sands Cottages? Share your experiences!