“Cozy and practical” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Heron Hotel

The Heron Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingstown
The Heron Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kingstown
“Cozy and practical”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My vacation was perfect and it was due primarily to the staff and manager of the Heron hotel. I was vacation for carnival in St. Vincent and knew nothing about the place. The manager of Heron hotel Wade gave me all the highlights and where to go during and after carnival. The hotel is located right in the middle of town where you would want to be for carnival and also a step away from the ferry to go down to the other islands. The staff here was really nice and the hotel was always clean even in the middle of Carnival. I am actually on the sight right now booking my room for this year carnival. This time it going to be me and my girlfriends.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank ggee22

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Curacao
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

When recently planning a trip to Bequia in the Grenadines to see family I knew I would need to stay in Kingstown, St.Vincent. My flight would be arriving late in the evening and I would miss the ferry to Bequia. I have taken this trip a number of times previously as have other family members. While there may be other choices of accomodation, my/our choice is always The Heron. The location is just a short walk to the ferry which is of course handy. The Heron is a small clean hotel. The owners and staff have always been friendly and accomodating. Always available to offer advise and make suggestions regarding restaurants nearby, organizing taxis where needed, and can arrange additional side trips. When and if I return to St.Vincent again, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
8 Thank CuracaoIslander
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2003

People let me warn you, they are not very dependable when it comes to booking a room from overseas. The manager /owner needs to keep a diary and write down when he confirms a booking to his guests. My experience was a nerve-wrecking one, as we were not confirmed, the place is run-down and thankfully it worked out for the best that we ended up staying elsewhere for our trip. The only plus was it was downtown, but then the noise kept you up. I most certainly do not recommend, take my silly advice unless you are desperate. I never would have called if I knew the appearance of the place and the service of the Manager. Thank god it did not negatively affect my overall stay in St. Vincent. I rate it 0.

24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Kingstown hotels

san fernando
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2003

The night we landed for what was supposed to be a stress free 4 day vacation, we took a bus to Heron Hotel, where I had previously confirmed my reservations with Wayde (apparently the owner) for just the night as we got in very late. The next 3 days I had booked with Coconut Beach Inn.Upon arriving there Peter the receptionist said we were not reserved and there were no rooms available at their bed and breakfast inn. Imagine my surprise and utter disgust to discover this predicament at such a late hour after getting off a plane. He further stated that the person whom I had spoken to (Wayde) and had confirmed by booking was out of reach. Needless to say we spent a good portion of the night trying to get accommodations and thank god for Jennifer at Coconut Beach Inn - who took us in as everywhere else was booked out. It also took us some half an hour to get transportation to leave this place. The rest of the vacation was paradise and after viewing Heron the following morning when we went downtown, it looked like a dump and a seedy motel joint so everything worked out for the best after all.

24 Thank vloca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingstown
The Cobblestone Inn
#1 of 5 in Kingstown
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#2 of 5 in Arnos Vale

Been to The Heron Hotel? Share your experiences!