“February in St. Vincent”

Bay-Hill Apartments
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Hi Everybody!
Just a great review Mr. Bailey!
Everything was great and you are a great friend to me.
I loved the tour you took me. Had time in downtown for shopping.
Showed me the landscape talked about the people the island.
Breakfast was great beer good , banana drink superior.
Thanks,
George ( Canada )

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were delighted with the Bay Hill because of the friendly owner and staff. They operate as a happy family and made us feel like one of them. The location is on a hill side close to the airport in a quiet, up-scale neighbourhood looking down on a little swimming beach and out at a view of Bequia. It is not within walking distance of town, but Mr. Bailey, the proprietor, graciously and reliably arranged all the transportation that we needed.
The rooms are basic, clean, budget accommodation decorated in Caribbean style, with a shared balcony at the end of each corridor.
The dining room is spacious and airy and the food is cooked with care in family-fashion.
Prior to our arrival I had tried unsuccessfully to make touring arrangements with a company that I found on the internet. Once there, we found that Mr. Bailey could make all the arrangements that we needed at a much more reasonable price.
Mr. Bailey knows his country well and was an interesting and attentive host. We would go back because of the friendliness of the owner and staff.

Stayed February, 2013, traveled with friends.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John181730
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We booked a queen with living room and kitchenette there were none. No hot water. No wi-fi. The cable went off because the bill wasn't paid. The free shutle service wasn't free and we had to give him money for gas. Twice when we called he sent a taxi to take us downtown and they try to charge us $50 EC for a $10 EC taxi ride. It was way out of the way and no bus service available. Never again.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Book the Cobblestone downtown.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Linda C
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here as an overnight option to catch a flight from the St Vincent airport. Mr Bailey was very courteous and helpful and offered to pick me up from the Bequia ferry terminal and drop me off at the airport very early in the morning. Compared to other hotels/ B&B's in the area it was inexpensive, clean and friendly- perfect location just 5 minutes from the airport by car. The room was ensuite, air conditioned with cable tv. Internet was available and quite fast. I would definitely use this B&B again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pollypirate
Reviewed July 20, 2012

They picked us up from the airport and escorted us to our room. They were very friendly. Unfortunately, our room was a disaster. The light bulb in the only lamp was burned out and they did not have a replacement. The water in the sink did not work. When we complained they told us we would have to turn the valve under the sink to on to get the water and then turn it back off after we were done because the faucet was not working. The shower had only a small drizzle and we never even got into the shower. The place was not clean. I am posting some pictures so that you can get an idea of what our room was like. There were wires hanging everywhere in the room and we did not feel safe. There also was no key to the room and could only be locked from the inside. The pictures were taken within the hour after we entered the room. We only stayed there for one night. We had asked to have our breakfast in the morning but when we saw that it was going to be $15 for two fish sticks(obviously out of a box), some poorly made scrambled eggs and two pieces of white toast we asked for a refund. There was no selection. This is what they were serving. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ShirleySpeer
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This hotel was above standard the staff was very attentive to they guest needs the food was excellent. We came in a crisis for the family and was met with people who understand our griefs and show us the courtesy and love like a family member.

I will recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a good family vacation the transportation was also exceptional they generously help with going around town.

Room Tip: Room on the south side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My first solo trip to spend the New Year by friends and I was having problems getting into contact with them, so I decided to email with some hotels in SVG as a just in case; Bay-Hill was one of them. I eventually got contact with my friends and I failed to respond to the email I received from Mr. Bailey & co. (what luck that would eventually turn out to be).
I arrived at the airport in the morning and had to wait on the ferry to go (wonderful) Mayreau which was leaving in the afternoon (sigh). Lo & behold, Mr. Bailey was there to greet me at the airport though I did not confirm anything with them, he took it upon himself to check if everything was alright with me. He offered me to stay with them until it was time to board the ferry (at no cost). They were busy cleaning up after a wedding but made sure that I was comfortable, such friendly people. I was later transported to the dock and left for my way to Mayreau.
Coming back from the New Year to fly back home, I had to overnight in St. Vincent so I called Mr. Bailey. They gave me a room which was nice, clean and comfortable. They invited me to have dinner in their home and have breakfast the next morning. Before I left, Mr. Bailey's son, Kevin took me on a tour where I had a great time, from kayaking through a cave filled with bats to cliff diving and snorkelling near a black sand beach, seeing where they filmed parts of Pirates of the Caribbean and learning bits of history about the island. It was a great experience.
All in all, I had a great time in such a short stay. Their service and friendliness was great to have (though there were some awkward moments) I really enjoyed being their guest. They killed me with their kindness (don't usually receive treatment like that from other places, but it was nice to know that there are people/places like that). I had received the Bay-Hill treatment and like their motto states; "you're not just a guest, but a friend," and indeed I was truly treated as a friend.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo