Mariners Hotel
Richmond Vale Diving & Hiking Centre(St. Vincent)(Great Value!)
$58
Paradise Beach Hotel(Arnos Vale)(Great Value!)
$100
Hotels.com
Beachcombers Hotel(Arnos Vale)
$117
Travelocity
Young Island Resort(St. Vincent)
$282
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstayed two nightsrooms are clean and comfortablethe room was nicedive shopsmall poollocal breakfastsea urchinsocean viewshort walkhotel ownersailing triphigh tidean upgradeislands in the caribbeanpopular with the localsbigger beachelectrical outlets
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was excellent for our stay the night after we disembarked from our week on a catamaran. The restaurant is well-versed in French cuisine, and the sunset is gorgeous! I can't comment on all amenities since we stayed only one night. Pool looked clean and few people were in it which is nice. We used the i-net for a bit to check in at home; computer room had several terminals, AC was nice and cool, clean, etc. Rooms were decent, nothing fancy, but not shabby or old. They were cool, clean, and quiet. It was a bit of a drive into town, but town is pretty noisy so it is more peaceful to be farther off. We would happily stay again on another sailing trip!

*Beware of the local taxi-minivans filled with people headed to town. They are dirt cheap but the drivers are terrifying with crazy speeds and turns like a rollercoaster. I am proud to say I tried it and survived, but they really ought to sell T-shirts to this effect so you have some motivation to step onboard again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Boombafam
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We did not stay at the Mariners hotel,but walked down to the restaurant for dinner. Despite being peak season we easily got a table. The restaurant overlooks the beach, but as it was dark, you could not see the sea, but you do get a great view of Young island.

We had a reasonably good meal. I ordered from the main menu and my other half wanted a pizza. The waitress said they were big, but to be honest it was a pretty small pizza. Not a great choice, but my fish was very nice.
Unless you are in Italy or have a real wood fired pizza oven, it's not a great idea to order pizza!!
Service was good and food was fine . I'm not raving about this restaurant, but everything was quite good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Its our last morning am sitting on our balcony with a nice cup of tea (you can take the girl out of Britain ..) over looking the calm lapping sea and Young Island. The staff have been wonderful accommodating our group's 2 year old, the food has been exemplary and the most comfortable of beds! Had a wonderful stay and a fantastic island tour from Robert Gibson up to the Montreal Gardens up through the Mespo Valley. A real gem and hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We wanted to do some diving in St Vincent and a friend who had previously stayed at the hotel recommended it. The French Verandah Restaurant serves the best food by far on St Vincent - not the cheapest.

Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms 105 was exceptional. A wonderful view of the sea and Young Island. The diving was also good, we used Dive St Vincent. The television was hung a little too high on the wall for 100% comfort while laying in bed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed for a night a few months ago. I was coming in from a neighboring island (arriving on an early morning flight) and the staff at Mariner's let me check in early and gave me an upgrade to a room facing young island.
The room was nice, somewhat spacious (because it was an upgraded room, I think) and had a large wrap around deck which increases the space even more. The decor was a bit dated, and the cleaning of the floor was a bit spotty (always had to walk around the room in flip flops). Also, there weren't enough towels in the room, and they were really small and thin towels. I was only staying for a night so these little negatives were ok, however if I were staying longer, I could see how these could be issues.
The nice thing about Mariner's is the Veranda restaurant and bar. While the service was a bit inattentive (during breakfast) the food was good with lot's of local touches. The Caribbean breakfast was delicious (saltfish and festival bread), and items off the French-Caribbean menu at night were nice. I ended up having lots of different appetizers with drinks at the bar and that was my dinner. All came out fast and were tasty - a rarity in an island lacking in restaurants.
In the afternoon, I jumped off the finger dock at Mariner's and swam to Young Island right across from the hotel (about 20 minutes). Too bad Young Island was closed that month. I swam back to Mariner's and that was my exercise for the day. There's no gym at the hotel so if you were staying a while and needed a work-out, I guess a swim to Young Island or a run outside in the neighborhood of Villa would be your best options. The pool on-property is too small for laps.
All in all a good overnight stay.

Room Tip: The rooms that face Young Island are the best and have wrap-around patios.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo