My wife and I have just returned from two weeks in Buccament Bay . Beautiful place with some wonderful staff . Problems started on the first night when we were both eaten alive by Mosquitos over a hundred bites between us. We have travelled extensively and this was the first time we have been bitten so bad. Now to be fair to the staff they got us fresh aloe to help with the bites but it took a chance conversation with a waiter who got us Mosquito Spirals (we paid for these 5 US dollars ) which is an incense that we burnt in the room at night. Only one or two bites the rest of the fortnight. We later found out these spirals are kept at the reception and are given out if asked for. Why were these not offered as part of the facilities as the resort has a mosquito problem ?. Although low occupancy there was a lot of people with bites. Now the resort is beautiful and we had a really relaxing holiday . Food is good but after a fortnight can be a bit repetitive however this is the case in most resorts . Only two restaurants were open apart from the breakfast area and the bay beach club were the problem is even at night they use plastic glasses, not 5*. Jacks and Safran open a couple nights each a week each and the food is of a higher standard although the piano player needs to be turned down a bit so people don't have to shout to place an order . We sat outside to eat in Jacks on our further visits and a far more pleasant experience was had. The Staff at the resort on the whole are top notch easy to get on with and all appear fairly genuine . Lionel at the pool is an absolute star and Keon , Danielle ,Vadol to name a few are also very good.
Villas and Plunge pools and housekeeping all top notch and they keep the gardens and surrounding area very clean and tidy. The pool and beach area beautiful and spotlessly clean and although the beach is used by the local community at no time did we feel nervous or concerned. Coffee shop and ice cream parlour superb and their Mango smoothie is a joy to behold. All premium brands of spirits on offer and the local beer is fairly good .
If you are looking for a quiet , relaxing holiday and aren't to stressed about timekeeping this is the place for you . Wouldn't be sure how they would cope with a full resort as there were only 30 people on holiday when we were there and at times they just seemed to be coping. I know they had split shifts so maybe with full staffing levels this wouldn't be a problem . All in all very very good but not 5* yet . No issues with our transfers although Liat the local airline are a bit disorganised and need a good shake up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines