We had a really good time - the staff on the resort are amazing and the dive team are fantastic! We had some amazing dives and the snorkeling is actually very good when you venture out. The boys from the dive team are so helpful. We shared some great games of beach tennis when we were not being put through our paces by the brilliant Lucas and Jo.
We were very impressed with their new lifestyle section on resort - Life is for living. Full-time from October. We have been to the body holiday in previous years, but this was just so much more personalised. We took full advantage of the group sessions everyday and they even treated us to our tailor-made supplement consultation. I was advised on what vits to take and what food to eat. I even found myself cutting down on the wine in the evening! Well it did work, as I have now gone back to the gym at home and feel and look so much better than I usually do when I get back from a great holiday!
I agree with most of the other reviews but the one thing that spoilt it for us - (I have seen the other review from Leatherhead mentioning the same thing). The son of the owner shouting at one of the chefs when we were having our meal. It was very unprofessional. The staff and chefs are the best thing about the place. So not the best way forward. In fact why were the son's children allowed to run riot in the place? arguing with paying customer's children and even spotted punching another child. But this is to be expected from the children if they follow in their parents steps. Shouting across the pool at the children by the mother and stomping off was made very public to us all. We don't have children so maybe this is the norm?? Im sure this was just a one off!? With that said we will be coming back (out of school hols) as we loved the variety of activities from the new fitness company.
Please make a few adjustments, try to keep the kidi things to one section as at times it looked like a creche - bouncy castle etc.... In fear of being known as a child resort I think. A real shame because there is so much potential as the lifestyle just puts them a peg above other resorts. Watch out BH! (if BB can appeal to the masses of adults wanting this type of fitness holiday) Thank you we loved it. x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines