A few weeks ago, a group of 6 of us from Canada and England were visiting St. Vincent for their carnival and decided to go to Buccament Bay for lunch and drinks because we had heard good things about it from other people who had gone and the reviews were also good. Prior to coming to St. Vincent we had inquired with the resort via email about day passes, as well we had read the information on the website and their Facebook page. Based on the information we received, and because our friend had gone two days before we went and had a great time, we decided to go. We wanted to go for lunch and drinks and if we had a good time we would return for a day pass. When we arrived at the resort there looked to be very few people at the resort. We let security know our intentions and were told to wait and Rajeev, a restaurant manager approached us. He let us know that we could not eat lunch at any restaurant either than the one at the immediate entrance. This restaurant did not have the atmosphere we were hoping for and furthermore only a buffet was available, of which the items were not to our desire.
We asked to have lunch at another restaurant where we could go to a bar after and get more drinks. Our friend had gone 2 days before and had no problems doing this. Rajeev struggled to effectively communicate and mumbled that it was not possible for us to go any further into the resort due to internal problems. We asked what the issue was but he would not say. What we did not understand was that clearly other guests were walking around the resort so why were we not able to cross the bridge to go to another restaurant. They told us only one restaurant was opened due to their internal issues. We were told the issue would not be resolved until 7pm and we could return then. We explained that we were visitors and could not easily come back as we were not staying close by. We explained we wanted to enjoy our day and see some of this glorious resort everyone had been talking about. We asked if we could purchase day passes and first was told that they were at capacity. We looked around at the evidently empty resort. We then were told it was too late to book a day pass. We asked what time we had to do it by but they could not give us a time. We then were told that day passes have to be arranged in advance even though this was not communicated to us in the email from the resort, on the website or on their Facebook page. We also spoke with Diana, the front desk manager and were given the same runabout answers. Both Rajeev and Diana looked very uncomfortable because there story kept changing and they could see that we were aware that they were struggling to make up excuses.
Needless to say we ended up leaving the resort. I currently am living in Antigua where there are a plethora of 5 stars and the service at BB was horrendous in comparison. BB should never underestimate customer service as we have all given bad reviews to locals and our families abroad. There are a lot of foreign workers doing simple jobs that could be given to locals to support and boost the local economy. I hope BB will make some serious changed to their customer service and not rely on the fact that they are a monopoly in terms of all inclusive resorts in St. Vincent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines