We've travelled a lot and stayed in some amazing places, but Buccament Bay has got to be best for service. It was low season, so not very full, but within a day all the staff knew you by name and and what your likes and preferences are for seating/drinks etc. Everyone says hello and nothing is too much trouble.
I won't cover what other reviews have other than to say that the food truly was excellent, with the food at Jacks being outstanding - the best steak I have ever had (and that's saying something!). Safran did a good spicy curry too in a nice setting amongst the gardens.
We made the most of the activities on offer and went to Rob's fitness classes each morning - we were always the only ones there! The fitness centre is also well equipped for those wanting to do their own thing and work off some of those extra calories!
We really enjoyed the trips we did too: the hike up La Soufriere volcano with David, the extremely knowledgable guide. This is a strenuous hike though and not for the faint-hearted, but well worth it. The Tobago Cays catamaran trip was a good day out - be prepared to get wet (if you sit outside) and sunburned! The resort will pack a lunch for you on day trips. We also did a snorkel kayak tour with Kian from Indigo Dive. He took us through the bat cave - amazing experience - and round to another bay where the ruins of an Eco lodge still exist. There is good snorkelling right off Buccament Bay beach too.
We like to be active on holiday, and there are lots of opportunities for this (tennis, football, yoga, diving, snorkelling, fitness classes, gym, trips), however some people chose to never leave their sunbed, and it's a great place for that too - with a constant and attentive supply of drinks and food and great views to feast your eyes on. The spa is also excellent, for those essential holiday treatments ;-)
Would we go again? Already planning when we can return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines