I have been to Buccament Bay before. Three times, to be precise...and I love everything about it: the beautiful scenery, the gorgeous location, nestling in the white sand cove below the tropical mountains...the endless good humour and warmth of the local people, and the fantastic service and hospitality of the resort. All this, I knew; but what I had not experienced until last week was the tennis coaching of Mr James Droy.
I presented myself (nervously) to James as a 'one-time-tennis-playing-lady-adult-who-has-no-ability'...to which James responded with a huge laugh...'What do you think my job is?' he asked...and so I was persuaded to give the tennis a try.
First time out, the heavens opened, and the court was a little slippery; but I I managed to improve my game by something like 100%...because of the patience and skill of my teacher. By session number two, I was starting to have delusions of grandeur...I mean, not Wimbledon...but perhaps the local tennis club...and despite any number of balls flying out of the court, and even one that I managed to plant on James's head, he remained good-humoured and encouraging throughout.
I'm a teacher myself, so I know about the art of encouragement and inspiration; but I've been to La Manga to have tennis coaching and never had anything like the quality of teaching I had at Buccament Bay. A wonderful place to go for a holiday; but if you also want to sharpen your game, then don't miss out - get yourself down to the Pat Cash tennis school and let James loose on your tennis game!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please be advised that Buccament Bay Resort has temporarily closed and plans to re-open in spring 2017 after refurbishment. The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines