We were blown away by this resort for so many reasons. As lots of previous reviews have said, the staff are beyond superb. From Creese on arrival at St Vincent airport, Carlson, Lionel, Dexter, Vadol, the lovely Michelle, Alica and Kezi in the Spa, Dale at Indigo Dive, I could go on and on. The attention to detail is like nothing I have ever known. On our second night, we went to The Bay and were asked if we wanted our 'usual'. We were actually speechless, as we had been there less than 48 hours but they had gone to the trouble of remembering our choice of drinks.
The food is fantastic in every way - breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and cakes through to dinner. Good choice and fantastic quality, with steaks, chicken, lamb, pork, duck, beautiful fresh fish, everything cooked to order. We went to Jacks three times, Safran once and The Bay the rest of the time. Although the menus aren't enormous, there was enough choice so we didn't get bored by the food. The coffee and cakes at HQ are a nice mid afternoon treat too. The drinks are premium quality, with an endless supply of cocktails, wines, fruit punches. There was even Bucks Fizz every morning at breakfast.
We used the gym almost every day and we found it ideal for a workout early each morning. I do free weights and was able to find everything I needed to do a decent session. There are fridges with ice cold towels plus aircons so you can keep cool. The building wasn't huge, so felt a little tight on space - it might be nice to have a bigger building eventually.
Our villa was a two bedroomed garden view with a plunge pool and 'beach' alongside a lake. The bedrooms were airconditioned, the main reception room wasn't, but I quite liked having the choice of temperature. The rooms were very stylish, and comfortable. The beds were divine, and huge. The shower was fantastic - an overhead rainshower type. We had two fridges, fully stocked with cold drinks, water, milk etc, and a Lavazza coffee machine. There was an in-room safe, and an ironing board and iron. The resort has hi-speed free wifi everywhere.
The pool was a lovely temperature, and there was no shortage of sunbeds, with towelling covers and towels. And when they got wet during a downpour, they were whisked away and replaced with nice dry ones.
We went on the Sunset Cruise, which was a nice included extra, with canapes and drinks, and we also hired a speedboat and two crew members who took us for a sightseeing/snorkelling trip for three hours along the coast. They were very informative and took us to see some of the Pirates of the Caribbean filming locations. My daughter also did a half hour waterskiing session. We borrowed kayaks too.
We had a slight problem when we first arrived in Barbados as we should have been given Lounge Passes but we were only given two, so needed to buy a third. When we explained this to the staff at BB, there was no hesitation, we were reimbursed in full. They also gave us cash as we left, in order that we could buy three lounge passes on our return journey.
Before we went to BB, we followed Tripadvisor reviewers advice to take some clothes and essentials with us as hand luggage, as we were travelling with LIAT. We were glad we did as only two out of three bags arrived, one came the next day. The staff were great and opened the shop to get us a toothbrush.
I could literally write a book about our experience at this resort. I truly didn't want to leave, and can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines