I've never been to an all inclusive resort before but as I was travelling by myself, I wanted somewhere where I could find all the amenitites I wanted on site. Buccament Bay ticked all of the boxes.
Two things stand out from my time here. The fabulous villas and the amazing service. The villas really do need to be seen to be believed. Very modern, well thought out and with added attention to detail like an IPOD docking station. The bedroom had a walk in wardrobe that would have made Carrie Bradshaw's day had she seen it, but it was the shower that makes me want to wax lyrical. A rainforest showerhead in the ceiling and two smaller horizontal heads in the wall - pure bliss at the end of a hard day sunbathing...
Every afternoon I had the most delicious chocolates delivered to my room and always came back to the most inventive towel art I have ever seen.
The service really is second to none. Friendly, efficient but unobtrusive. My name and room number were remembered by everyone and guest services could not have been more helpful. I loved the fact that I was checked into the resort in my villa - no queuing at reception on arrival. Oh and the bottle of fizz was very welcome too!
I have just 2 niggles. The first is the restaurant reservation system. It really could be improved. I would advise that you book all your restaurants when you first arrive at the resort to avoid being offered 6 pm or 9.30 slots, although when I was squeezed in one evening at 7.30 (thanks Charles!) there were numerous empty tables. Also only having 2 restaurants open each evening limits choice but aparently other restaurants are opening soon. I can highly recommend the lobster in Jacks (at a supplement of $25) and the incredible sushi at the Bay.
For a resort that markets itself as a sports resort, the gym really is a disappointment. In terms of equipment, it is one of the best equipped hotel gyms I have seen, but instead of having its own facility, it has been sited into an empty villa. This means that it's hot and humid as the air con isn't strong enough but more irritating, there is no space available to use the free weights or kettle bells which defeats the object of having them.
I was told there were apartment blocks which would soon be opening for guests. My concern about this is that if the resort were to get much bigger it would lose the friendliness and the service for which it is rightly praised.
Overall I had a wonderful holiday and my niggles are just that - nothing to really get upset over. Would I go back? Absolutely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please be advised that Buccament Bay Resort has temporarily closed and plans to re-open in spring 2017 after refurbishment. The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines