I would give 6 stars to this resort accommodation, facilities, staff etc.. I totally agree with other guests - it is truly a paradise!
But the main reason why I would come back (and I never go back to the same place) is that by the end of one week stay I felt that I am leaving my family behind and must go back to see them again. Staff is the most caring, unobtrusive and attentive I have ever experienced on holidays and they are the main asset of the resort.
We had no problems flying with LIAT (from St. Lucia to St. Vincent and from St. Vincent to Barbados) – all flights departed on time and our luggage arrived with us. But there is resort’s private airplane on standby in St. Lucia – just waiting for permissions to fly from authorities I believe.
We didn't see any mosquitos in resort or anywhere in St.Vincent.
You can use bikes to ride around or you can ask/call for the buggy if it is too hot to walk.
The Spa – I had an aromatherapy massage and the therapist was absolutely fantastic – she (you have a choice of male/female therapists) used a very interesting technique in applying pressure so it felt like ocean waves! – for sure it was the best aromatherapy massage I ever had!
The tours seem to be more expensive if booked with hotel, and talking to other guests we discovered that they book somewhere else cheaper. So we decided not to book any tours with the hotel and paid twice cheaper for 2 tours with the lady in the shop next door to the hotel. The trips were OK – we had a driver who would sometimes make a comment. But when we wanted another tour and the lady in the shop didn’t have a car available, so we had no choice but booked with hotel. What a difference! The tour was absolutely amazing and our driver/guide provided us with lots of relevant information; he also answered all our questions on local life, education, medical care etc. Hotel also provided cold drinks.We regretted that we didn’t book all the tours with the hotel from the very beginning as the difference in quality of tours was incredible.
We booked glass bottom boat tour with Indigo Dive and it was absolutely out of this world: not only you see the amazing corals, tropical fish, ship/boat wrecks and incredible drop to deep sea, but also fantastically beautiful rock formations, and of course you are provided with commentaries on type of fish, on how rocks were formed and volcanic activity – all was so unexpectedlyinteresting. I also tried kayaking while at resort – I never did it before but it was so easy and enjoyable activity. Kayaks are free to hire from the beach as well as snorkelling equipment. You can snorkel within one meter from the beach (go closer to the rocks – on the right side of the beach) and see exotic fish and jellyfish (if jellyfish have black dots – they are safe).
I didn’t like songs from musicals in Jacks’ and would prefer traditional live Caribbean music.
Manager’s Thursday drinks was a wonderful event – it was beautifully decorated and had stunning ice sculpture made by chef, and had a local musician playing saxophone.
If you are into the rock art – make sure you see petroglyphs which are located on the resort land. Ask any member of staff and they will take you there by buggy or you can walk – takes just 5 minutes. UNESCO website says: “Another site which is unique in the Caribbean is Buccament. Here the main panel …consists of two sets of abstract motifs forming rows some eight metres long. These script-like linear patterns include circles, spirals, dots and loops. It has been suggested that it could be an attempt at a prototype written language”.
The beach barbecue has the biggest and the tastiest shrimps - size of the hand - more like a giant prawns.Wow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please be advised that Buccament Bay Resort has temporarily closed and plans to re-open in spring 2017 after refurbishment. The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines