“Very nice stay made special by the staff!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED

Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in St. Vincent
UK
“Very nice stay made special by the staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to this resort as a family with 2 teenagers and were not disappointed. The flight there and back would not make me want to go again though, because we only went for a week. The transfer wait to get a liat flight is normally about 5-6 hours which is unacceptable. Overall the whole journey took us 18 hours, even though the main flight was only 8 hours. Do not make the same mistake like we did by going for a week, you need to put aside at least 2 days for the journeys there and back. When we arrived at the hotel the greeting was very underwhelming, they ran out of drinks to give us and just ended up walking us to our villa and making us fill out forms. The villa we had was a two bedroom one with a plunge pool which was excellent quality. The whole Villa was really closed in though as it was a living room with two doors leading the bedrooms so you had to open up all the shutters. The bathrooms were very modern and lovely but I have to say- it was the weakest shower I had even come across! The pool area was very nice, the sun loungers were very comfortable and the 2 infinity pools were very well kept. The beach was absolutely beautiful to swim in and snorkelling was very easy as you can just grab a pair of snorkels and swim off the beach to see the fish, you didn't even have to be off the shore very far! The hotel was not very peaceful though as the number of small children must of outrun the adults! There were no teenagers whatsoever. There were 3 restaurants. Safran was a average indian restaurant which had no atmosphere as it was in a villa, the food was nice though. The second was Jacks which was a steak restaurant and was lovely. The food was world class, extremely delicious and the atmosphere was lively and very good. The last restaurant was the beach bar which was open everyday for lunch and dinner, it served casual sandwiches and burgers at lunch but still smart, lovely meals at dinner. The bamboo is where you have sunday buffets and brekfasts, which were nice, but mothing special. The restaurants were open at different times because there were simply not enough guests to fill all three. Another nice touch was the fact that there were bikes to ride around on, it was such fun riding to dinner on them and round the resort! Ok, problems.
1. It was clear the resort was no where near finished as some villas further back in the resort had building work going on. If your villa is not near the beach then you will see occasional scaffolding, but it isnt a massive problem.
2.The sun loungers and pool area can just hold the small amount of guests at the moment, so when it is finished I do not understand how people will fit in the resort facilities! The number of guests is good, there just needs to be more restaurants.
3. When we had lunch at the bay beach bay one day, it was a packed restaurant which was unusual. The staff obviously couldn't cope and food was not prepared as well and was very very slow. The kitchen staff can not cope with a large amount of people. But this only occurred on 1 occasion.
4. Everything like the fitness centre, Club 61 and event Safran were all inside converted villas. They need proper venues.
They are the only negatives!
The fitness centre was good and the games room was lovely as it had a pool table, table football and darts. I also loved the service round the pool as someone came round and offered you smoothies all the time. The ice cream shop was very good and REALLY GOOD ICE CREAM!!
Last but not least was the staff. They were just incredible and the best staff I had ever had. Everyone was genuinely kind and friendly. I want to give a special mention to Henson at the bar, Levi and Carlson around the pool and Andy who was exceptional at Jacks. And not forgetting Lionel, that man is incredible. He does anything you want and needs to be promoted. Our stay would not of been half as good without him.
Thank you very much Buccament Bay, I hope to come back soon!

Room Tip: A villa very central to reception or the pool, otherwise it will be a long walk to anywhere.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BuccamentBayResort, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Levi, Carlson, Andy, Henson and of course Lionel will be pleased to hear your wonderful comments regarding them and the service they provided.

We anticipate that Harlequin Air will be flying in early 2013. When this is operational, it will provide a luxurious inter-island transfer service for guests staying on resort, thus making waiting times a great deal shorter.

We are fully prepared and have plans for increases in capacity, so please don’t concern yourself. As for Safran, it will be moving to the water front village in the near future.

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Gianluca Cugnetto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Buccament Bay is amazing!
This is was my second trip to the Buccament Bay Resort and I never thought last years visit could be topped. It was! During this trip for me there was a lot of “best evers”!
I don’t usually do reviews but I felt I had to. I had such a wonderful time and I want to share my fantastic experience of Buccament Bay with others.
The resort itself has got bigger and better. There are more food choices with different restaurants and so much variety on each menu. I’m not a big red meat eater but I did try the steak at Jacks – it was unbelievable. I’ve have never had a steak so nice.
What I love about Buccamant Bay is that you can do as much or as little as you want. I had a hit of tennis, snorkelled with turtles at Tobago Cays, went scuba diving, kayaked, went stand up board paddling, swum in the sea everyday and even managed to spend plenty of time by the pool relaxing. And I even had a visit to the spa for a massage – it was the best massage I have ever had. It was truly relaxing.
I had two group tennis lessons with James and he is unbelievable. He gets people that can pretty much only hold a racquet to hit the ball with confidence after an hour. Top marks to James! He is so friendly and so patient.
The guys at the Indigo Dive at the resort were fantastic too. Their knowledge of the area and the underwater world is tremendous and the two dives I took with them were fantastic. Seeing a crab half a metre wide was a great surprise! The guys are very friendly and informative with us novices kayaking and stand-up boarding.
I even managed a look at the cricket nets where Australia and the West Indies trained recently.
I can’t not mention the rooms – lovely décor and the beds are sooooo comfortable, And the shower is as if you are standing in a waterfall running with warm water. Lovely!!
What a place!
What a holiday!
I never wanted to come home. And I can’t wait to go back.
Thank you all at the Buccament Bay Resort. The staff were so friendly, everywhere from the Pool to the Restaurants to the Spa! Thank you for making it such a great holiday.
I still want to know the secret ingredients for the welcome mojito though. I want to make it myself so it will take me back there even if it is just in my mind!
Yes there is some construction works going on, but it wasn’t noticeable and never interfered with the holiday.
I didn’t do the sunset cruise this year nor did I play football – I couldn’t fit it in. A week was too short to do everything and relax. Perhaps next time I’ll stay a little longer…

1 Thank Ben812
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and very kind compliments on your stay with us. We are glad that you managed to experience many of the great activities we have to offer on resort and we hope that these made your stay even more enjoyable.

The staff are very proud of their work and will be delighted to hear your comments.

We hope to see you again soon for another great stay, next time maybe for a little while longer. The Mojitos await your return!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

From the moment I arrived at Buccament Bay I was made to feel special: it isn't just that the place itself is stunningly beautiful; it's the way the staff take care of you, almost predicting your needs before you are aware of them yourself. Management skill is in evidence throughout the resort - whether you are on the beach or in one of the restaurants, I cannot recall visiting any place in the world where the levels of kindness and concern are so high, nor where so much attention to detail has been observed.
This was my third visit, and as the development becomes more established, so the standards of excellence are being reinforced to support the reputation of what is quite clearly a world-leader in terms of quality.
Add to this the sheer natural beauty of the area, the friendliness of the locals, the pride with which they share their home and culture, and you have the ultimate holiday destination. Looking at the bleak rainy weather outside today, all I can do is dream of my next trip to Buccament Bay...

1 Thank Alisonmk88
Dear Madam,

We are glad you had another great stay with us and appreciate your kind comments, particularly regarding the team and their service on resort. Your praise for them will be gratefully passed on.

We look forward to you visiting us again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I must admit, I would genrally never bother to take the time to come on a site like this to review any of my past holiday destinations. However after just arriving home from a week at Buccament Bay I felt it would only be right to pay homage to the staff and resort.

Myself, my girlfriend and our 1 year old son, had the holiday of a life time. From the instant we 1st stepped onto hotel soil, to the very minute we left - everything in the hotel staffs power, was done to ensure we had the very best holiday ever. I have never witnessed such polite people, everybody from the managment, the waiters, the pool staff, down to the maids and the gardners - always had a "Good morning/Hello/Good evening" and a smile for you. Infact it was soon apparent we had been living a bubble of pleasantness for a week, the moment we had left and had to deal with the miserable folk at the airport whilst departing. It also struck me that their freindliness contributed to the way that the guests interacted with each other, which made for a very harmonious atmosphere around the pool and dining areas.

So much thought had been put into every detail, from being greated on arrival by an ice cold face towel, to 1st opening our villa door to a set table of freshly made Chicken & Mango wraps, dried Banana crisps and an ice cold water after a long days travel.

The accomodation was second to none, I generally hate staying in hotels as the beds are never as comfortable as my own, but on this occassion their bed was amazing and trumped even ours. The furniture was made from local dark Mahogany and looked and fealt very well made. The bathroom was amazing, the bath was very deep and wide - perfect for two. The shower was also plush and had an unusual but striking pebbled finish to the floor. The shower itself was almost like experiencing a monsoon, with jets of water coming from all angles and one of the largest shower heads I have ever witnessed. The villa was well equppiped with a flat screen, two well stocked fridges, a cot with mosquito net for our little one, and a welcomed dip pool on our outside decking area.

The staff are very well trained (hats off to Mel) and the lads round the pool are amazing and can't do enough for you. Please make sure you take full advantage of their beautifuly made range of cocktails. They are over seen by Lionel, one of the nicest and most pleasant gentlemen, you will ever have the pleasure in meeting. He looked after us and our little boy like we were royalty.

The actual resort is placed in the most fantastic setting you could imagine, the view from either of the two ifinity pools out over the white sand and crystal waters of the sea is like something you would see in a movie. And even on our last day, I still could not help comenting to my girlfriend on how breathtaking the lush green surrounding mountainous hills were which had towered over us every minute of our stay.

I suppose I couldnt go without commenting on LIAT, who are the localy government ran flights inwhich you must suffer, whilst transfereing to St. Vicent from Barbados airport. Yes they are as bad as you have heard, yes they were running late and delayed us by hours, yes they will annoy you, but once you have arrived at Buccament Bay you will soon forget about the nightmare that is LIAT, and it would be a huge mistake to miss out on such a superb holiday resort because of a poorly operated airline. Also as you may have read earlier, Harlequin are desperatly trying to finalise their liscence to operate their own private transfer planes to the island, which will make the journey a whole lot easier until the international airport is completed.

All in all I cant express our gratitude to Fernando and Gianluca and the rest of the Buccament Bay team for making sure we had the most unforgettable holiday experience, and we look forward to visiting you all again. Thankyou.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of very high standard and have their own dip pools and decked area complete with s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank scott c
Dear Sir,

Thank you for all of your wonderful compliments and positive feedback on your stay with us. The team will be pleased to hear your glowing assessment. I will certainly pass the comments on.

We couldn’t agree more with your comments on St Vincent: the island is beautiful and serves as a truly breath-taking background for the resort.

We’re delighted that you had a great time with your family and look forward to welcoming you all back very soon!

West Sussex, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Reading previous reviews says pretty much everything there is to say, The negatives are few - the Harlequin Fitness Centre has the equipment as stated on the brochure, but is currently crammed into a converted Villa where the air-con appears to have been permanently set at 30, making it too uncomfortable to work in. The other negative is the travel, which as pointed out is out of Buccament Bays control. All comments as to how good the staff, food and other facilities were, are spot-on, fault is all but impossible to find! The resort is still a work in progress, but doesn't intrude or detract from the enjoyment of the resort. Some of the older villas only have air-con in the bedroom area, but we understand this is being resolved. Overall an excellent holiday at an excellent resort - 10 days minimum would be our recommendation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your stay at the resort. We appreciate that the fitness centre is not currently in an ideal location but we are pleased that you enjoyed your time in St Vincent.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Gloucester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

The transfers from Barbados to St Vincent are the only downside to this holiday - but don't let it put you off. Due to the transfers I would recommend going for 10 days rather than 7 like we did as you need to allow 2 whole days for travelling.
However, the resort is so wonderful you soon forget. The staff make this resort as they are so friendly - everyone speaks to you as you walk round the resort. Our special thanks to Carlson who became a good friend and also to Vidal and Brod. I came down with a bad cold during my stay and the staff went out of their way to get me treatments from local shops and suggesting treatments. Johnny Barr who runs the singing academy and James who runs the tennis academy were great fun and spent many an evening with them.
The food at all the restaurants was 1st class and the steaks, the best we have ever had. Candlelit dinner on the beach is very romantic and special
The villas are stunning and cleaned twice daily
We went on the sunset cruise and saw dolphins - so well worth it and had a massage which was amazing
All in all an amazing resort, with amazing staff and food. Please dont let it get too big as will lose its appeal.
We hope to come back

Room Tip: the rooms on the beach are not very private so I would ask for a room near to the restaurants and re...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie P
BuccamentBayResort, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your great feedback and compliments. We will pass on your comments to the team – they will be getting big heads!

Regarding travel to the resort, Harlequin Air is coming soon, which will provide an inter-island transfer service for guests staying on resort. The international airport is set to open in the near future, so this will also make travel to and from the island much easier.

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I think of all the vacations the most perfect holiday ever, the staff from arriving , to the staff that made you feel special, from your room, the beach side staff, the pool staff, all the resturant staff, Murphy with the most wonderful laugh and very good cooking, from breakfast, lunch, dinner and every other service.........the ice creams where to die for, all the staff made you feel so special, our villa was beautiful, the only down fall was the airport staff...so rude and no smiles, but, that was the only : - ( ..... I would definatly go back, everything to perfection, I am sure the travel to St. Vincent from Barbados will be much better once their own airlines are up and running,

2 Thank strawberrysip
Dear Madam,

Thank you for the review and kind comments. Your glowing compliments regarding the staff and restaurants is most appreciated.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the trips around the beautiful St Vincent & The Grenadines. Please come back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Vincent
#2 of 10 in Bequia
Mariners Hotel
Mariners Hotel
#7 of 17 in St. Vincent

Been to Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED? Share your experiences!