We went to this resort as a family with 2 teenagers and were not disappointed. The flight there and back would not make me want to go again though, because we only went for a week. The transfer wait to get a liat flight is normally about 5-6 hours which is unacceptable. Overall the whole journey took us 18 hours, even though the main flight was only 8 hours. Do not make the same mistake like we did by going for a week, you need to put aside at least 2 days for the journeys there and back. When we arrived at the hotel the greeting was very underwhelming, they ran out of drinks to give us and just ended up walking us to our villa and making us fill out forms. The villa we had was a two bedroom one with a plunge pool which was excellent quality. The whole Villa was really closed in though as it was a living room with two doors leading the bedrooms so you had to open up all the shutters. The bathrooms were very modern and lovely but I have to say- it was the weakest shower I had even come across! The pool area was very nice, the sun loungers were very comfortable and the 2 infinity pools were very well kept. The beach was absolutely beautiful to swim in and snorkelling was very easy as you can just grab a pair of snorkels and swim off the beach to see the fish, you didn't even have to be off the shore very far! The hotel was not very peaceful though as the number of small children must of outrun the adults! There were no teenagers whatsoever. There were 3 restaurants. Safran was a average indian restaurant which had no atmosphere as it was in a villa, the food was nice though. The second was Jacks which was a steak restaurant and was lovely. The food was world class, extremely delicious and the atmosphere was lively and very good. The last restaurant was the beach bar which was open everyday for lunch and dinner, it served casual sandwiches and burgers at lunch but still smart, lovely meals at dinner. The bamboo is where you have sunday buffets and brekfasts, which were nice, but mothing special. The restaurants were open at different times because there were simply not enough guests to fill all three. Another nice touch was the fact that there were bikes to ride around on, it was such fun riding to dinner on them and round the resort! Ok, problems.
1. It was clear the resort was no where near finished as some villas further back in the resort had building work going on. If your villa is not near the beach then you will see occasional scaffolding, but it isnt a massive problem.
2.The sun loungers and pool area can just hold the small amount of guests at the moment, so when it is finished I do not understand how people will fit in the resort facilities! The number of guests is good, there just needs to be more restaurants.
3. When we had lunch at the bay beach bay one day, it was a packed restaurant which was unusual. The staff obviously couldn't cope and food was not prepared as well and was very very slow. The kitchen staff can not cope with a large amount of people. But this only occurred on 1 occasion.
4. Everything like the fitness centre, Club 61 and event Safran were all inside converted villas. They need proper venues.
They are the only negatives!
The fitness centre was good and the games room was lovely as it had a pool table, table football and darts. I also loved the service round the pool as someone came round and offered you smoothies all the time. The ice cream shop was very good and REALLY GOOD ICE CREAM!!
Last but not least was the staff. They were just incredible and the best staff I had ever had. Everyone was genuinely kind and friendly. I want to give a special mention to Henson at the bar, Levi and Carlson around the pool and Andy who was exceptional at Jacks. And not forgetting Lionel, that man is incredible. He does anything you want and needs to be promoted. Our stay would not of been half as good without him.
Thank you very much Buccament Bay, I hope to come back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines