“Should do better” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in St. Vincent
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
“Should do better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Lovely local staff, most couldn't do more for you.
Limited dining options , only two restaurants per evening open. menu choices restricted further reduced by non availability of constituents.
Very much a project , building work much in evidence, I hope the builders injured by the scaffolding collapse have made a full recovery.
Be aware of shared ownership scheme and the attraction , or otherwise of the tennis school, drama academy and football coaching facility which may not be to everyone's taste.
Excellent free sunset catamaran trip, we saw dolphins and whales!
Mosquito were a huge problem, stagnant lakes designed as a feature show a singular lack of forethought.
Transfer to and from Barbados an experience to be improved or avoid!
Lack of adjacent facilities would indicate that an all inclusive option should be offered, saving signing even for tose items which are included e.g. Breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a suite with full air conditioning. Some have only AC in bedroom making the lounge areas virtual...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank roverite123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The location of Buccament Bay is wonderful, but what makes it so very special are the staff - everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The facilities are excellent and the food superb. The resort is developing all the time and will be even more amazing when complete, although nothing detracted from our enjoyment. We recommend the boat trip to Mustique which was an unexpected bonus, and also the visit to Dark Falls, where David, our guide, was brilliant with his knowledge of local customs and plants. We can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in a villa with its own plunge pool - excellent. Not sure whether there is anything bette...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PandJ731
BuccamentBayResort, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. We are pleased you enjoyed your time on resort and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have just returned from our trip to Buccament Bay, and what a wonderful resort this is. It is sheer luxury and complete paradise.
We had no problems with our Liat flight, although we had a very long wait at Barbados airport both ways, but we were given passes for the private lounge which made the wait a lot more bearable.
We arrived to terrible weather, but this soon changed to glorious sunshine. We were picked up from St Vincent airport very efficiently and was taken to the resort in an air conditioned mini bus. We were greeted with cold towels and a lovely cocktail, then we were taken to our beautiful villa which was situated very near the reception and shown around. We decided to have room service as we were all too tired to get ready to go out... and it was pouring with rain!!! The meal arrived very promptly and was very nice.
The next day we could see the beauty of this resort as we had arrived in the dark.
We went to breakfast and they had everything you could wish for. The staff are so polite and so willing to help.
We went to the pool for the day, where we were looked after constantly, especially by Devon & Carlsson. As soon as we had finished our drinks, they were there to take our glasses and offer us another drink. The sunbeds were so comfortable and the views were spectacular.
We went on the sunset cruise, which was lovely and we see some dolphins. Cold drinks and rum punch were flowing, and they provided some lovely nibbles.
We also went to dark view falls which is definatey worth a visit. We travelled by road and the scenery was wonderful. The driver stopped for us on numerous occassions so we could take photos.
Unfortunately, we were only on the resort for 1 week which was not enough time, so will definately be going for longer next time.
As the resort was quite quiet, some of the restaurants only opened on certain nights, so unfortunately, we never got to try the bamboo chinese, as it only opened Sunday and we arrived to late and left the following Sunday morning.
This resort is only half finished, but it is amazing as it is, so will be stunning when completed.

Room Tip: 2 Bed villas have A/C throughout, so worth thinking about that
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MariskaHoward
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time on resort and we will inform Devon and Carlson of your comments.

We hope to see you again soon – hopefully for longer next time!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

*DO NOT CRY WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING TO THE RESORT*
when on your way to buccament bay the drive is a serious shock (and scary) it is very run down. but the actual resort is absolutely beautifull, each 'lodge' is absolute luxury. I have never met nicer staff in my entire life, they are all so happy, smiling and just fantastic! there is not much to do if you are my age (19) but it is nice just to relax, the restaurants are all of a very high quality, sometimes the food takes a while but its always worth the wait. the water sports are good too, and the gym. the resort wasnt finished when we stayed so when we visit again there will be alot more going on, as they told us there will be a casino and a nightclub on the resort. I think 2 weeks is too long to spend here as theres only 3 restaurants and not much to do, but i definately reccomend this place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kaaaazza
BuccamentBayResort, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Madam

Thank you for the review and kind comments regarding your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope you will return again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am not usually one for writing reviews on holidays but I always check with trip advisor when ever I book somewhere just to see what others say, but I have felt the need to write as some of the the reviews I feel are unfair, I have travelled here with my husband and two children, one is 13 and the other is 5. We are just coming to the end of our first week here and still have another one to go and the only complaint I have is that we are not here for longer.
Yes the resort is still under construction and we knew this befor we came and I am highly impressed that you would not really know that it is going on, it is all screened off and there is little even no noise to be heard. We are staying in villa 5002 and we are as close to the beach as possible other than actually booking a beach villa. We don't have ac in our living area but this is not a problem in fact it is quite nice to b able to come out of the cold bedrooms to a little warmth, we did request an extra fan for the living room which was delivered within an hour and we are more than happy. The villas are to die for, they are clean and modern and housekeeping keep up to date on everything, clean villa, clean towels, fridge stocked up daily and the plunge pool is lovely. The food here is some of the best food I have had on holiday, everything you eat is cooked to perfection and as I have a fussy 5 year old they have been more than happy to cook things that are not on the menu for her. The pool area is clean and the staff are fantastic, they are friendly and cannot do enough for you, towels at the pool area are ready and waiting for you first thing in the morning and the staff at the pool will do anything to make your day as pleasurable as possible. We went on the boat trip today to the dark falls and our guides were very friendly yet again and we had an amazing day. I really cannot express how friendly ALL the staff here are and I find that when on holiday this is one of the main things that make a stay more pleasurable the fact that you don't seem to be putting anybody out when u ask for something. They really have thought of every detail in this resort. o have to visit the spa but am looking forward to doing so. all the other quests i have spoken to here have not a bad word to say about it which is quite unbelievable in my experience. DO NOT let the fact that they are still building put you off, it is not like traveling to Spain and hearing diggers etc u really wouldn't know there was work going on.
As a family we have traveled to many places, Thai land, Cuba, Maldives, Mexico just to name a few and we always stay in 5* and this resort is up there with the finest and it is not even completed yet!!! I have to say I can't wait for it to be finished as we will be returning as I believe this will be one in a million when complete....

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Chrissfamily
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wonderful located resort.
Fantastic all round service.

The cuisine was excellent.
Rockley White is a superb chef and Murphy on the grill !

Roomy Villas and well equiped,loved the coffee maker and plunge pool.

Short private transfer from the airport of around 30 minutes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bean56
Dear Madam,

Thank you for the review and kind comments regarding your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am writing to say a very big thank you to all of Buccament Bay staff for making our stay as warm and welcoming as it was. We stayed from the 15th Sep’12 to 22nd Sep’12 and enjoyed every minute.

We tend to travel more to the Indian Ocean and Far East for a more peaceful and relaxing holiday and have stayed at resorts such as One and Only Reethi Rah (Maldives), Kanuhura (Maldives), Le Touessrok (Mauritius), Banyan Tree Phuket (Thailand) to name a few.
We chose Buccament Bay, St Vincent as it had beautiful spacious villa’s, outdoor plunge pool, stunning beach, something for the kids but moreover it was within our budget with everything we were looking for.

I have to admit I was very nervous prior to arriving to Buccament Bay after reading numerous reviews of the travel and waiting times, the general service being quite hit and miss and the worry of obvious construction. But I needn’t have worried.

Below are my comments of our stay at Buccament Bay

Travel time to St Vincent
It does take a very long time to travel to St Vincent however with the air con lounge with complimentary refreshments in Barbados and somewhere to rest/ let the kids run around was fine. We didn’t even notice the time go to be honest. However, it would be ideal to fly straight into St Vincent which I understand will be the case once the international airport opens.

Villa
We were shown Villa 1008. Whilst this was very nice and comfortable, I was concerned that with no air con in the living room, we couldn’t relax there. We also couldn’t open the doors to the outside to get the ‘natural breeze’ because we feared that our son would jump into the pool, therefore the living room was of no use. We did express our concerns to Francesca and having spoken to Anna Blyth (Head of Sales) in London prior to our arrival, we were given a complimentary upgrade to Villa 1001 which allowed our son to run freely from both bedrooms with AC and enjoy the space. So thank you very much for this but I hope you can take this on board and install air con in all of the living rooms of all beach villas so that families with young children can enjoy it.

Staff
The staff really made our holiday. Devon was the one person who I want to personally thank. He was always so helpful, always made himself available, had time for a chat and made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. I fell ill with a cold after the first day and he brought over some coconut water which I didn’t even ask for. This really helped me! If he wasn’t there, I can honestly say that our holiday wouldn’t have been as good. Please thank him again from us and also reward him as he is a true asset to Buccament Bay resort.
The ladies at both breakfast and lunch were also so lovely and kept my little boy smiling too!

This is the one area which I think lacks variety. The BBC BBQ on Management cocktail night was lovely, there was a lovely vibe and the food was so tasty but apart from that, BBC lacked variety. Jacks was also nice but all the restaurants should have local dishes on the menu, there was just not enough of this! Even doing a Caribbean themed buffet night at BBC would have given some variety too. We never had a chance to go to Safrans as the day I booked it for had closed due to a private function which was a real shame. Also, there should be more for kids on the food menu. We stuck with fish and mashed potatoes for the toddlers as when I ordered the chicken filo pie, it was still half frozen! Abit of a shame that it wasn’t cooked fresh...so some disappointments with the food but was manageable for a week but would have been a problem if we had stayed longer.
HQ was just amazing, lovely smoothies, ice cream, cakes and the staff were great too!

Construction/Noise
Was not an issue and should not put anyone off. The work was unobtrusive and we didn’t even notice it!
We were however disappointed with a really loud noise of someone cleaning or using a very loud machine outside of our villa very early in the morning at 6am which woke us up and frightened our little toddler. Perhaps choosing a later time in the morning – 8am would have been better.

Overall we had a very relaxing, enjoyable and pleasant stay, all credit and praise go to Buccament Bay staff.

Thank you again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Sati V
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your constructive feedback and compliments, particularly regarding the team on resort. We will certainly pass on your kind comments to Devon. Your concerns will be digested and acted upon where appropriate.

Regarding travel to the resort, Harlequin Air is coming soon, which will provide an inter-island transfer service for guests staying on resort. As you mentioned, the international airport is set to open in the near future, so this will also make travel to and from the island much easier.

We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Vincent
#2 of 10 in Bequia
Mariners Hotel
Mariners Hotel
#8 of 17 in St. Vincent

Been to Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED? Share your experiences!