“Paradise (almost)”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in St. Vincent
Tunbridge wells
“Paradise (almost)”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

This brand new luxury resort is stunning. The individual bungalows with plunge pools and walk in shower rooms, are sublime. One of the advantages of this non-direct flight resort, is the tranquility. No beach vendors, noisy planes or jet skis to disrupt the perfect beach.
The quality of the food is very good, but the problem sadly with this resort is the inconsistent levels of service. The local staff fail to acknowledge one's presence upon entering the coffee shop, bar or egg station. This often left us standing wondering whether to leave or not after ten minutes. In fact, on one day I made three attempts to get an ice cream and the HQ staff simply blanked me until I left. Perhaps more staff training is needed to ensure five star service at this otherwise wonderful resort.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
sothampton
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Have just returned from a great ten days at Buccament Bay, such a marvellous time there. My wife and ! had a conveniently situated villa with plunge pool, near both beach club,beach and infinity pools.
A lovely white sand beach with really good snorkelling close in (all equipment supplied of course). The service generally was First class, staff so helpful and pleasant, and food and beverages were of the top order, glad it was all inclusive!
Must mention the free sunset cruises when we were fortunate to see many dolphins following our boat.
Hope that we can return next year!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SothamptonBas
BuccamentBayResort, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2012

Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Spent a week here with Saga Holidays. Accommodation superb with own plunge pool and excellent villa facilities. Plenty of choice of eating places although there was more choice aththe Beach Restaurant at lunch than in the evening. Staff extremely friendly and helpfull. Excellent pools and right on the beach. It was quiet at the resort so many of the trips were not running due to lack of customers. Complimentary Sunset cruise when I saw dolphins and a whale. Local buses to Kingston from end of road - quite and experience but cheap and friendly. More suited to families and couples than solo travellers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank g_parry043
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and compliments.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 5, 2012

If you put aside the 4 plane trips it took to get here from Chicago, and the 40 minute trip to the resort, it was a great vacation. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the beach. The location was great, close enough to the pools, restaurants and reception but private enough so you did not feel crowded. The suite was well appointed and Joycee did a great job cleaning. The pool was smaller than expected but it was nice to have right outside the door. It would have been nice to have a dining table, there was enough space. The bedrooms and bathrooms were spacious and well air conditioned.

The first day we walked the property to check it out. One of our stops was at the pro shop where we met James Droy. He was very friendly and talked my son into taking a complementary tennis lesson. My son is 12 and he has never been on a tennis court. The lesson ended up being private as no other kids showed up. James focused on the basics in a easy manner and really encouraged my son. We ended up having two more lessons. My husband who was more experience took adult lessons as well. James was great.

James was also a fantastic singer. The resort had live entertainment at night at 9:30. They had a fantastic West End team (Kate Gillespie and Thomas De Keyser) who sang show tunes. James sang a couple of songs and he was fantastic.

The food was good, some meals better than others. We liked the BBC and ate there most nights. We did eat at Saffron one night, but husband and son were not thrilled. I thought the food was good, they served very large portions. The buffet was good in the morning with all of the traditional foods and an omelet station. I wish that they varied the selections some, but no complaints other than that. The HQ was great while the sushi place needs someone to work there who understands sushi. The signing for each meal was fine, except that the tipping policy was confusing. We would add tips but the staff would let us know that they would appreciate cash as they don’t get the tips. When we checked out none of the tips were added to our bill, so I am still not sure I know how that works.

We loved the complimentary sunset cruise and saw so many dolphins. The catamaran trip to Tobago Cays I would not recommend. You are traveling for at least 2 hours before you get to the Cays. It left a very long trip. There were so many things to do, including relaxing, that not once did my son say he was bored. Highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Room 1003 is on beach close to reception and the restaurants but still quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Zacharys_m0m
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My wife & I returned today from our second holiday in this fantastic resort, Buccament Bay on the beautiful island of St. Vincent, and our first hand experience was full marks on all counts. So much so, we are booking again for March next year, plus July as we are attending a wedding here, which is just the ideal location for a beach ceromony!

We stayed in a lovely one bed villa near the beach, with own splash pool & decking, very useful after a cool down! Only had one problem whilst i was there...they had run out of one of my favorite wines, but that was due too possibly all the test cricketers having a thirst! Apart from that all fine! I would like to say that after staying in many resorts & hotels around the world, I think the staff here are the most genuine I have come across, keep up the good work!

David & Carole B.

Room Tip: All Villas are in excellent locations, but we prefer near too beach.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davidwblackwell

Thank you for your comments and compliments.

We look foward to your return.

stoke-on-trent
Reviewed April 3, 2012

HI! for those who have not seen Britain's Got Talent, one competition prize is a holiday to Buccament Bay. I have been there and had the time of my life. The 5* complex is out of this world, in luxury accommodation, food, drink, attention to detail, and your every whim is catered for. The fabulous setting and amenities are amazing.
If you can go, go now,
if you have to save, save now!
Then, like me you will have fabulous memories and beautiful photos!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ellaStoke_on_trent
Dear Madam,

Waltham Abbey
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I came back from Buccament week ago and still thinking about this holiday. It was great time for my family and my in-laws we had beach front villa two bedroom and I recommend it unforgottable memories. If I could I would come back even today. I say hello to all staff, thanks for nice service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

#2 of 10 in Bequia
Mariners Hotel
Mariners Hotel
#8 of 17 in St. Vincent

Been to Buccament Bay Resort? Share your experiences!