Just returned from Buccament Bay and we had a fabulous time. Everyone was so helpful, from the restaurant staff to the activities staff, James and Nathan in the Performing Arts Academy were particularly brilliant (and what a great idea - the opportunity to have singing lessons while on holiday with real West End professionals), as was James at the Tennis Academy.
I'm not sure what the previous post is all about, and I cannot believe the room wasn't serviced for 3 days. Our room was serviced every day as well as a turn down service, and in fact we had a member of staff come round each day to check the servicing of the room and the standard of the room. Maybe someone has an axe to grind though it's a bit unfair to grind it here!
Talking of the room, the beds were extremely comfortable (and other guests we spoke to said the same), the toiletries were fab (Molton Brown), the coffee making facilities were great, though being British it has to be said the tea making facility in the room wasn't great.
The service from the airport to the hotel and back was fine, and the reception at Barbados airport was great. After a long flight from the UK it was a luxury to be channelled through customs ahead of everyone else!
The food was varied and always well presented and tasty. We were only there for a week so I'm not sure if the menu changes weekly or not, but what was on offer while we were there was top notch.
The beach was immaculate and the water sports guys were so helpful. They were constantly on hand with snorkelling gear, canoes, etc, and they were very helpful with the diving. The scuba diving was fantastic, and I dived with a couple who are very experienced and said they felt it was some of the best diving they'd experienced in the world.
There is so much to do at this resort, or so little, it depends on how you feel, which was one of the reasons we went. We didn't do any of the excursions as we were only there for a week and wanted to take it reasonably easy and also we were kept busy on site!
We both felt it was a lovely resort, clean, friendly, of a high standard and with helpful staff at every turn, and we would recommend it to anyone, especially those who have children or those who want to do a bit more than sit on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please be advised that Buccament Bay Resort has temporarily closed and plans to re-open in spring 2017 after refurbishment. The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines