“Fabulous”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in St. Vincent
wirral
“Fabulous”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Just returned from Buccament Bay and we had a fabulous time. Everyone was so helpful, from the restaurant staff to the activities staff, James and Nathan in the Performing Arts Academy were particularly brilliant (and what a great idea - the opportunity to have singing lessons while on holiday with real West End professionals), as was James at the Tennis Academy.

I'm not sure what the previous post is all about, and I cannot believe the room wasn't serviced for 3 days. Our room was serviced every day as well as a turn down service, and in fact we had a member of staff come round each day to check the servicing of the room and the standard of the room. Maybe someone has an axe to grind though it's a bit unfair to grind it here!

Talking of the room, the beds were extremely comfortable (and other guests we spoke to said the same), the toiletries were fab (Molton Brown), the coffee making facilities were great, though being British it has to be said the tea making facility in the room wasn't great.

The service from the airport to the hotel and back was fine, and the reception at Barbados airport was great. After a long flight from the UK it was a luxury to be channelled through customs ahead of everyone else!

The food was varied and always well presented and tasty. We were only there for a week so I'm not sure if the menu changes weekly or not, but what was on offer while we were there was top notch.

The beach was immaculate and the water sports guys were so helpful. They were constantly on hand with snorkelling gear, canoes, etc, and they were very helpful with the diving. The scuba diving was fantastic, and I dived with a couple who are very experienced and said they felt it was some of the best diving they'd experienced in the world.

There is so much to do at this resort, or so little, it depends on how you feel, which was one of the reasons we went. We didn't do any of the excursions as we were only there for a week and wanted to take it reasonably easy and also we were kept busy on site!

We both felt it was a lovely resort, clean, friendly, of a high standard and with helpful staff at every turn, and we would recommend it to anyone, especially those who have children or those who want to do a bit more than sit on the beach.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank esnedz
Kevin S, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

We are pleased to read that you had a really good time with us. Thank you for sharing the experience you had at the resort with other readers. At Buccament Bay Resort, we try to provide a lot of activities and excursions for different tastes: football, tennis, water sports, evening entertainment or just to be lazy on the beach.

We do hope that you will choose us again for your next vacation.

Kevin Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We are touring the Caribbean staying in 5* resorts all the way. This was definitely not up to that standard and we left early for a variety of reasons. Our driver was late collecting us at the airport, the food is dreadful, the staff are pleasant but not trained properly,our bedroom and bathroom were not serviced in three days despite frequent requests and they repeatedly ask you to sign for things showing prices and space for a gratuity when it is supposed to be all inclusive. We were so relieved to leave and cut our losses. Stay away at all costs.

• Stayed January 2012
40 Thank Besh9
Kevin S, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your constructive comments which you sent by email, and apologises for the slight delay as I have been out of the office for a few days.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the nature of your areas of concern and have taken the necessary steps and procedures to ensure that actions are taken so they do not reoccur.

The Driver was delayed in getting to the airport as the ground handler Liat did not give us the correct information which we checked prior to you landing. It is normal standard practice that we ring the airline to make sure the flight has taken off from Barbados and the ETA into St Vincent’s and we were given the incorrect information.

I am deeply sorry that the bedroom accommodation was not serviced, but the living space was. As you discussed this with my colleague, you decided to lock the door to the bedroom and took the key out with you each day, and we therefore could not get access to the bedroom at all. My Director of Rooms has now put a policy in place should anyone do this again as it’s a very rare occurrence for the door to the bedroom section to be locked by a guest.

The local provider of our TV and Internet service had difficulty on the whole Island for a period of 36 hours as their systems was unstable. I am sure that this is less frequent in the UK, but we are exposed to all the elements as an Island and very bad weather or wind can make the Islands frequency unstable.

I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your food and beverage experience. My Director of Food and Beverage will be looking at a number of areas that improvement can be made, but I would like to pick up on one or two points. We are in the Caribbean, and a lot of our goods have to be imported, but we do try to use local produce when possible. We have never have done nor advertised freshly squeezed orange juice and the juice that is provided is a well-known branded company. The menus that are given out do have an explanation on them of what each dish is, the individual waiter who takes the order goes through the menu with you and answers any questions, and the host advises you of the soup and fish dish of the day when they give you the menu. Under Food Hygiene regulations, which all our Food Handlers have passed and are certified, the food can be left out in these temperature for up to 2 hours before it needs to be disposed of. I can assure you we comply with all of these regulations.

Our staff goes through a rigorous training programme which can be seen by all the good comments we get about them. If staff were being silly or not being observant, I am deeply sorry, action will be taken and the employees concerned will be disciplined.

Finally I do hope that I have answered your questions in a fair manner. As the newly appointed General Manager, it is my responsibility to take decisions on how to improve the business and the Buccament Bay Experience, and I am truthfully sorry on this occasion of your 3 days staying with us with did not.

I do like fair constructive criticism, as it is only from comments like yours that I am able to improve the services and facilities that we provide

Yours sincerely

Kevin A Smith
cornwall
Reviewed January 16, 2012

There is so much positive and so many people to mention here. I will just say that we were treated like royals the whole stay at this fantastic resort. The staff is unbelievably helpful and professional. It was great to see so many of the management on show at all times. The Villas are out of this world, nothing more one could ask for. The pools and the beach immaculate. The cocktails are done to perfection. I have never stayed in such a generous all inclusive resort as everything here really is inclusive! All of the staff deserve a mention, but the guys on the beach belonging to the watersports were particularly good with our two children. Thanks also to our friend in the beach bar and the lovely man making out of this world cocktails in the BBC day time. We loved it here and will be back next winter. Can not wait!!! The only little bit of bad news for us was being by the river, we had quite a lot of noice in the night from dogs, roosters and the village life. I am sure this will be sorted with time but I would prefer to be in one of the villas further into the resort next time. Anyhow waking up to Paradise every morning you wouldnt complain about anything.

Room Tip: Beach front would be nice, but remember that people will be looking in on you from the beach. Still...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank klokaugglan
Dear Madam,

Thank you for the complementary comments about our staff. Your feedback about the resort is very important to us and we do thank you taking the time to share it with everyone.

I am looking forward to welcome you back for the next winter.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We booked this holiday for my husband’s 65th Birthday. It needed to be special. After booking the holiday there were some negative comments on Trip Adviser and I went into orbit. I emailed the hotel with my concerns and requests and they were amazing from that point until the day we left.

For my Husbands birthday they organised wine and a cake which was a lovely touch without us even asking.

It’s sad that Trip Adviser seems to be being abused by other people and hotels but this review is honest and I would be very happy to give any feedback personally to anyone considering Buccament Bay.

I won’t repeat all the great things that have gone before but will give you a very honest review.

We arrived in Barbados and "Wow" thats when the first class service started. All the 360 passengers queued up at passport control in a hot sticky airport. Not us ..................... we were greeted by a very smiley lady who whisked us and another couple off to a different section and we were dealt with straight away and transferred to the lounge to wait for our connection to St Vincent. We didn’t have long to wait and the flight was fine. We were impressed at once.

We were met at St Vincent and taken by Coach to the Hotel. It was dark and we were all very tired. When we arrived we were greeted by all of the hotel management and the entertainment team. There was an amazing fire blazing on the beach to welcome us. We felt very special.

We unpacked and at 8.30pm decided to go and have something to eat in the A la carte. We didn’t have a reservation but on being met by Amanda and after explaining that we have only just arrived were shown to our table straight away and offered drinks. Amanda was fantastic right through the holiday and I can only say that her Customer Service was second to none. We have a 12 year old daughter and Amanda and my daughter got on like a house on fire!!. Amanda realised that we were tired and made sure our food arrived quickly and the bill arrived promptly at the end of the meal. She is a real star. She always remembered what we liked to drink and always had a smile.

Breakfast in the morning was lovely and at the end of breakfast it was fun to feed the fish on the bridge thanks to the bread from Michelle.

The rooms are amazing. We had a room on the beach it was out of this world.

The main attraction for booking this hotel was the Tennis and Theatre Workshops. They were first class. My daughter had 2 tennis lessons with Pat Cash and also the amazing James. The Theatre Workshop was amazing. James and Nathan helped coach my daughter for her forthcoming LAMDA exams and even managed to get her on stage singing on our last evening to the guests.

The watersports were brilliant. The staff were friendly and great with children. They had amazing African surf boards - try them it was fun. One day they even took my daughter and her friend on the speed boat for a ride round the bay.

The free trips were brilliant you must do them - very well done.

This hotel has got it so right. The food was excellent, the rooms amazing and the service I would compare with the likes of the Maldives or Mauritius. We have stayed at some lovely hotels in the world and there are only a few that I would return to. This hotel has it all and we will be back again in 2012. (Especially is James and Nathan are still there!!!)

Even when we left we were taken to the airport and looked after right through until we went to departures. On arriving in Barbados yes we did have a long wait but we went into the hospitality lounge and it passed really quickly.

Yes there is work in progress, whilst we were there they were refurbishing the pool area as there had been a problem with it. They did everything they could to try and have as little disruption as possible and one day the large pool was closed, so the hotel offered all the guests a trip out for the day at their expense (nice gesture) however we were happy to stay for the tennis and theatre workshops and after all there was an amazing beach so the pool wasn’t an issue. There was a great beach bar and good service on the beach. Amazing fresh coconuts too.

Dont miss the smoothies, ice creams and snacks at the HQ fantastic. Again Kelford was good with my 12 year old and her friend who went there for lunch most days!!

I loved Buccament Bay and I would defy anyone not to have an amazing time there. I would like to personally like to thank Matt and Mark for making our time special and all the staff who were fantastic. All of the staff really seemed to want to please you and it was genuine.

This hotel is striving for quality and service and this was achieved by all the staff.

Thank you so much Buccament Bay we will be back in 2012

18 Thank WOODWARDS1
“Outstanding in Every Respect”
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write so many good things about us. We are pleased to read that you had a very nice vacation with us. We wish your daughter good luck with her exams with LAMDA and will be waiting for you in 2012.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We visited recently opened Buccament Bay in Dec 2011 for 9 nights. Longish journey, via Barbados, but well worth it. When the new airport opens it will be seamless travel.

Opened in April 2011, the resort was still gleamingly spanking new, with further facilities under construction - which, to our surprise did not intrude.

The single bedroom villa in which we stayed was very comfortable and had fearsomely efficient air con. A slight problem with the hot water was sorted quickly and without fuss. Unobtrusive maid service was something with which one could become only too familiar !

The all inclusive package was outstandingly generous - we simply could not eat all the [very good] food & drink that was on offer. The beach BBQ at lunch time and Indian restaurant and Beach Club restaurants were outstanding, as was the service throughout the resort which never left you with the feeling that tips were expected..

We sampled the yoga, singing, beauty spa, snorkelling, fresh water falls and LOADS of swimming, as well as walking up La Souffriere [4000' extinct volcano] and going round the Botanic Gardens. All were excellent

If you are coming from a northern winter, bring lots of Factor 50 sun cream and be careful for the initial few days.

We had 2 constructive suggestions: [1] The Lavazza Hot drinks machine could not make a palatable cup of tea. A kettle in each villa would be a useful addition; [2] It would have been handy to have a wider selection of medicines/ sun lotion available in the shop. One of our number got bitten. We didn't particularly want to go to the medical centre for the antihystamine cream that sorted it out quickly

Room Tip: Book early !
19 Thank Brighton T
Dear Sir / Madam,

We are pleased to read that you tried some of our activities and excursions and that you enjoyed them. St. Vincent Island is very beautiful, reason why we organise a lot of trips for our guest to discover more of it. Thank you for your suggestion which is very much appreciated.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This was the perfect break at the end of a long year, the food was fantastic with a good range, and with the inclusion of more restaurants you'll be spoilt for choice.

We were never stuck for things to do, weather you want to lie by the beach or go for a trek up to the volcano. I really enjoyed the chance to see the Turtles and if you have the chance take the opportunity to go out to the waterfalls. While we were there Pat Cash was out giving tennis lesson which was a true highlight as he was generous with his time and gave some great tennis tips.

The staff were all really helpful and willing to help with any enquiries, I would defiantly go back for a romantic break or family holiday.

7 Thank Katriona S
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your valuable feedbacks. Kindly note that this year we are going to have the opening of some more restaurants including Jacks (seafood and steak) as well as Trader Vic’s (Pacific, Oriental and American cuisine).

We look forward to welcome you back at the resort.

Essex UK
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed at Bucc Bay in early December. Not being a great traveller I was not looking forward to the long trip to St Vincent, which went without a hitch. We arrived in the dark to a friendly reception and was escorted to our Cabana. The interior of the Cabana was like something from MTV Cribs with marble,polished wood and sumptuous furnishings everywhere, together with plasma screens and independent airconditioning in each room and a plunge pool on the deck outside.It wasn't until the following morning that we threw open the doors and was astounded by the breathtaking views and back drop of the resort, at that point all memories of the previous days trip melted away. When we weren't experiencing the many boat trips from the beach (two of which were complimentary) we spent out time relaxing on the white powder sand beach nestled under a couple of coconut trees between the beach bar and the beach grill being pampered by the resorts very attentive staff.
As you may be aware the rear of the resort is still under development which results (for a limited time) in you receiving a Cabana for the price of a hotel room and the beaches being extremely quiet. So quiet in fact that you may feel as if you are Richard Branson on your own private island. So as his advert goes if you feel like being a rock star for a week get your holiday booked quick!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Nick_and_Jo_Essex_UK
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write how your experience at the resort was. We are delighted to read that you liked our villa with its furniture. Buccament Bay Resort is indeed nestled in a very beautiful valley. I hope that you are going to choose our beautiful resort for your next vacation in the Caribbean.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Vincent
#2 of 10 in Bequia
Mariners Hotel
Mariners Hotel
#8 of 17 in St. Vincent

Been to Buccament Bay Resort? Share your experiences!