For my wife's birthday we stayed 7 nights in a beachfront villa. The view from the plunge pool, especially at sunset, was truly beautiful. I think if you are going to bother staying at this resort then a villa on the beach is the only way to go. Air-conditioning worked well but was really noisy and dripped water on you if you stood under the bedroom mirror. The shower was difficult to adjust to get hot water and was really noisey as if a whale had been trapped in the pipes. Oh and the toilet - don't expect to be able to flush twice within 5mins!
Alternative accomodation is spread over a vast area away from the beach and reminded me of a kind of mosquito-infested butlins resort. The whole place resembled a film-set which looks great from the front but then....
Building work is far from complete and if you are accomodated away from the beach then you may well be disappointed. The football and tennis facilities will surely cause some families disappointment - unfinished and surrounded by ugly construction work. Several restaurants advertised to open in July will 100% not be open. The spa is very close to on-going construction work which meant we couldn't have an outside couples massage but I must say our complimentary treatments were really good - the thai massage was first class.
The resort is full of staff - eveywhere - but it wasn't clear why they were all there. We were even appointed a personal guest assistant ( whatever that means) and he kept suddenly appearing on our decking without notice (at inappropriate moments) or on the beach - it became really annoying and we ended up making detours to avoid him. His job was to help us book our dinner tables or arrange trips - all of which we found quicker and easier to arrange ourselves in reception. The one job he promised to help with was to ensure my wife had a great birthday dinner. We booked our table well in advance and everyone at the resort was well aware of the special evening. We arrived at the restaurant to find our table had been taken so had to wait at the bar to be seated at a very noisy table right next to the bar. No special arrangement had been made and to make matters worse, once seated, we had to wait an additional 45mins for our starters to arrive.
Food was sometimes great and I believe the chefs are really talented but are being let down by the resort management. Certain items on the menu were never available, sometimes popular items would run out, and on one day kitchen facilities weren't even functioning properly. Not what you'd expect from a 5* resort. I think my wife receiving raw chicken on her caesar salad was totally unacceptable and equally unacceptable was the impassive response from the waitress to the matter.
When we stayed at buccament we felt like we were the only paying customers. All the other visitors we spoke to were all investors who had been flown out for free to stay at the resort and we felt like they were being looked after better than us.
This is a resort that looks lovely but hides the true story of a place that currently has "a head and body but no arms and legs".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines