“Peace and Nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Falls of Baleine

Falls of Baleine
Ranked #13 of 52 things to do in St. Vincent
More attraction details
Owner description: The Falls of Baleine is among St. Vincent's finest natural wonders. The sparkling waters plunge about 60ft into a rock-enclosed fresh water pool, perfect for swimming. The Falls is only accessible by boat, with a short walk through a narrow valley with cliffs on both sides. Falls of Baleine is approximately 20 miles/32km from the Cruise Ship Terminal in Kingstown.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
331 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Peace and Nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

A wonderful place. First you get there through a boat ride seeing the coast line of the island. Than after a short walk of 10 minutes, you get to this magical place where you can swim, jump from the rock and then just relax in the middle of the nature. When we went there was no one there and we could just enjoy by ourselves.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank CaduJardim
NationalParksAuth, Public Education and PR Assistant at Falls of Baleine, responded to this review, September 1, 2016
Thank you for visiting, we are pleased that you had an enjoyable experience. Come again soon. :)

Toronto, Canada
181 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had such a wonderful time, our tour guide took us to this falls but when we got there it was raining. we could not see much, how ever we had lots of fun.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank 282Juliette282
Thank you for visiting, we are happy that you enjoyed your visit even though it was raining. Come again and visit soon, this time I hope there will be no rain so that you can get to see all there is to be seen.
Guelph, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“take your chances”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We did this in 2012 after the hurricane which had simply twisted pieces of reinforced concrete into rubble. It was hard to dock againgst the waves, We walked upriver to falls noticing how the hurricane had simply demolished anything built for tourists. We went for a swim in the pool. One of the women who couldn't swim very well moved into an area where she thought she was being towed down under the water. I moved to help her but she immediately climbed on top of me and with one last gasp of air I was underwater. It's the closest I've come to drowning. Lucelle, always the incredibly talented woman she is, grabbed my arm and pulled us both back to shallow waters. I owe her my life. Our two guides ran over immediately and were ready to jump in. When I got out I offered them cigarettes. They didn't want anyone dying on their trip. All I had were cigarettes. Our boat had no life preservers, and was pretty low in the water, and travelling pretty slow. One of the senior woman carried what must have been a 40lb rock on her head back to the boat because the rock was shaped like St Vincent. These are the kind of memories one cherishes, true St Vincent memories. I was the only white person on that expedition, but I never felt like a white person the whole trip. I was just another Vincentian. One couple on that trip is opening a bed and breakfast down the leeward side. I was given a tour. They have a basement apartment. I was saying I could probably never afford what they would charge, it was so nice, and I was told I was virtually family and they would charge a rent I could afford. That is St Vincent. The more time you spend there, the more you love it and the more likely you will spend a lot of time there. I doubt that I could ever afford to spend a lot of time at their bed and breakfast though. It was exquisite.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Ian C
Thank you for visiting, we are sorry for what happened to you and that lady but we are also happy that you overcome that and enjoyed everything else that took place after the little incident. We are hoping that you will visit again soon.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“from Fancy to Baliene falls by trail thru ganja farms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Tried to hike from Fancy village to the falls, but started too late to make it, so can't comment on the falls. However, the interesting trail is little more than a goat path used by ganja farmers. I hired a young man in Fancy to guide me (probably a good idea). He carried a cutlass "for security". Trail was narrow and rugged, up & down, and hot in the afternoon sun, thru some forest. Also many clearings on steep slopes, principally planted with ganja. Many bushy plants 4-6 feet tall. Passed a couple "shanties" covered with tarps, and talked and watched the friendly Rastas process their 'weed'. Very interesting.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Gregory S
Thank you for attempting to visit the fall, come again soon and this time start out early that way you can be able to make it to the fall and get to see the natural beauty. :)
Blackpool
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Damaged by hurracaine Thomas!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Not a tropical fantasy as described byguide books! More like the scene from horror film. Falls of Baleine are not easily accessible now - it is not possible to moor the boat and we needed to jump from the boat to the wooden broken pier when the waves were not very high and our fisherman felt we can make it. There is no any path - just pile of stones and you climb through the stones and sometimes walk in the stream, Very difficult to get to the falls - but even when you get there it is a bit scary - there are 2 caves on each side and it was very dark and we decided not to swim in the bathing pool as we were afraid to break our legs - honestly! I also had the feeling that the rocks on surrounding cliffs are going to collapse if we speak too loud! They have a sign there which says they got funding from EU and are going to repair the path etc. but it doesn't say when and no work started yet - end of January 2013.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Latvia2008
Thank you for visiting, we appreciate your comment. We are hoping you will come again and visit because the repairs are already done.