“Beautiful seaside views and excellent food”
Review of Mango Restaurant

Mango Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Charlestown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Mango. After eating there, I am very surprised that it is not higher on the TA Restaurants...which makes me question the integrity of the TA Ratings for Nevis Restaurants (i.e.-locals and friends of owners flooding their local restaurants with good reviews).

Here's what's great about Mango:

1. Abiance and the view. It's on a rock ledge over looking the ocean. At sunset, it's absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend getting a reservation for sunset (6-7ish).
2. Food was excellent. My wife had the Pineapple and Steak Kabobs and I had the Dorado. I would recommend both for anyone going there.
3. Service. The wait staff was attentive and very helpful.

Note:
1. They charge $7 for bottled water...I thought this was a little annoying, but not too big of deal.

We will be going to Mango again and I recommend that you do too!

There are newer reviews for Mango Restaurant

Reviewed May 21, 2013

While the entire restaurant was nicely laid out, the tables on the patio are almost on top of the water giving you an unobstructed view of the ocean and the west side of St. Kitts. To add to our experience, we enjoyed watching the lightening storms off in the distance during our dinner. The meal itself was good, although my wife's choices worked out better than mine, as she choose to work with the seafood heavy menu. She had the spiny lobster salad and red snapper, which she loved. I went with the curried sweet potato puff and the Jamaican jerk chicken. The puff was serviceable, but nothing I will remember, and the chicken was well prepared with a spicy BBQ sauce on the side. The accompanying garlic bread and honey carrots were a bit out of place. I could also see how service might be an issue if you visit during the busy season. However, the portions were fairly generous, especially on the main courses, and the wine list was reasonable. If you are staying at the Four Seasons it is definitely worth trying out.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ate at Mangos which had a great setting, but the food was terrible and unfortunately we both chose the same meal of Jerk Chicken. We were served complementary bread as most restaurants provide, but unfortunately it was more like heavily salted pretzel rather than bread. The meal arrived, but once the waitress left I noticed a huge discrepancy in our meals, even though they were supposed to be the same, with my plate containing 3 medium pieces of chicken and my wife about 8 nugget size pieces.
None of the pieces were breast which for the cost we would have expected. The Jerk Seasoning was fine but most of the chicken was dry and hard so I shared my pieces with my wife as they were slightly better. The Jerk Chicken was served with garlic bread which was just a sliced garlic baguette which was very hard and dry and very salted with a dip that was extremely hot and extremely salty and added nothing to the meal. When finally a waitress asked if we were enjoying the meal I told her of the issues and said we would just like the bill, she said she would relay the complaint to the kitchen and get the bill, which is when the silliness started.

First the Head Chef appeared and apologised, which was good that he came out to see us but then provided the excuse that it was not his menu as he had just started and he proceeded to continue to question both me and my wife for more details for about 5 minutes, covering the same points again and again. Then we had the restaurant manager arrive who again apologised but then again grilled us for a further period and asked if we wanted anything else, which was actually only the bill which we had asked for 20 minutes before. Then the waitress appeared with the bill and said they were only going to charge for 1 meal which was acceptable but then went on to say if it was her it would make her feel not worthy if she had received a bad meal. Well this was really enough and we could not wait to get out, not only had we a very poor meal, but we had to endure over the top apologies and wait 30 minutes to get out of the restaurant because of their attempts to placate us.

It was good that they took our complaint seriously but for us the questioning and three different people coming to see us was excessive, when one short apology plus the amendment to the bill would have sufficed.

2  Thank Norton54
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Mango is our favorite restaurant at the Four Seasons resort because of the friendly people, the fabulous ocean front location and the good value. The menu combines casual choices with more high end items, so you may not always know what to expect, but there are some real stand-outs like the plantain crusted dorado and the seared tuna salad. If it's rainy, don't sit right at the edge of the canvas cover!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The view and atmosphere is definitely a five. Would be a great place to go at sunset for drinks and appetizer, We sat on the porch and felt like we were right on the beach with the waves hitting the rocks right behind us. Beautiful! But would probably head somewhere else for dinner. Food was average with little taste. Service was good but not outstanding.