“Perfect Stay for Honeymoon” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies

Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect Stay for Honeymoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

The week we spent at the Four Seasons was perfect for our honeymoon! The service, food and accommodations were impeccable. We went in mid December which is slower season for Nevis, but the service was not at all lacking and the restaurants and activities were all open and available. The staff truly made us feel pampered and special for our stay! I highly recommend going "off property" to some of the recommended locations on Nevis which the concierge can easily set up. The best restaurant on property is Coral Grill by far! There were a lot of families at the resort, but it did not take away from the romantic getaway we were looking for. Hopefully we will go back again someday!

The only issue has occurred after our stay with a credit that should have been issued that we have been going back and forth for weeks on. A gift certificate that was sent to us by our family for our honeymoon and presented upon check-in was forgotten about during check out. Instead of instantly issuing the credit for the gift card, we had to send in the physical gift cards, make several calls and emails, and we are still waiting on this 1.5 months later. Unfortunately it has soured our experience which is truly a shame.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meghan F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

This review is for the spa only, we did not stay at the resort. The spa was very accommodating when my husband and I just turned up to see if we could both have massages one afternoon last week. We were shown to the locker rooms and booked with just a half and hour's wait. The spa has separate cabanas for treatments, which was a cute look. There is a cold plunge pool and a hot tub outdoors. I felt a bit like Goldilocks there because the plunge pool was too cold and the hot tub was too hot ;)
The locker rooms have what you would expect in the way of products. The spa is fairly clean as well.
I had the Balinese massage and my husband had the Nevisian massage. I felt my massage was adequate (nothing off the charts), but my husband really enjoyed the Nevisian-not sure if it was the therapist or the type of massage.
We were both satisfied with the treatments, but it wasn't anything extra-ordinary.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jewels1698
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My friends and I just completed or stay. Service was outstanding; our room was beautiful but needs a little updating, facilities were top notch. We very much enjoyed our stay...

But our experience at the spa was not great don't get us wrong the environment was welcoming and very relaxing but there was one spa attendant that looked very tired and stressed under her glasses her hair was in a mess just fallen like she just jumped out of bed and came straight to work. The massage was just OK just because looking at her made me felt sad.

Other than that I really did enjoy myself... I will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just completed a marvelous five night stay. Service was outstanding; our room was beautiful, as was the view; facilities were top notch. We very much enjoyed our stay, including the lavish breakfast, the food at Cabana and Mango, and our time at the pools and on the beach. One caveat: there were a lot of families staying there. One group included five adults and nine children, and they acted at times as if they were in their kitchen at home -- temper tantrums, running around the dining room, rude parents. They did impact enjoyment at times. Also, there was a group from Ford Motors that seemed to get loud at times.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank prhnjd
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed 4 nighs in early 2013, and after visiting FS Bora Bora in 2012 our expectations were high. Fortunately everything we liked about FSBB exists at Nevis too: 5 star treatment for all guests, excellent beach service, good snorkeling, restaurants that let their chefs order any ingredients they want to use, loads of nice marble everywhere, beautiful landscaping. Getting up before breakfast to do laps in the very clean pool was nice too. This is not an inexpensive hotel, but it is one where you feel like the product justifies the cost even if it is a splurge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BostonConnoisseur
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I spent a week at the Four Seasons on Nevis in January, 2014. It was my first trip to Nevis.

The hotel is lovely. The room was immaculate - very spacious and clean. The AC worked great (always a big factor of my overall happiness). The various pools were great, the landscaping beautiful and the staff were all very pleasant.

I really enjoyed the setting of the resort. The views of Mt. Nevis and landscaping reminded me constantly of the Hilton on Moorea, Tahiti. It's very beautiful.

I really enjoyed dinners at the on site restaurants Mango and Coral Grill. The food at the pool bar was average but the drinks were cold and the staff were great!

I was really looking forward to playing a lot of tennis during the trip and was excited about the 10 courts and the possibility of taking a few lessons with the on-site pros. What I didn't expect were the $40/hour fees to play, even as a guest of the hotel. That just seems steep considering the cost of the room per night ($700ish). In the end, I opted to pay $600 for an unlimited tennis package that included clinics, 5 lessons with a pro, and unlimited court time. The two pros, Chris and Kip, were great. I really enjoyed my lessons with them. After the initial shock of the $40 per hour fees, I settled in and really enjoyed the tennis.

The beach is very nice at the resort. The water was very clear but the sand is a brownish color since Nevis is a volcanic island. Just not the blinding white sand I enjoy the most.

I ordered room service several times during the trip (breakfast each morning and two dinners)and it was very sub-par for the cost. I never ordered anything from room service that I really enjoyed.

Overall, I enjoyed the trip. I liked the island - it's very quanit and charming. The wild donkeys, goats and monkeys were really neat to see! I also liked the grounds at the resort and especially the people I met.

Nevis and The Four Seasons are lovely but in the end, I doubt I will return. For the overall cost and the effort it took me to get there from Atlanta (through Miam to St. Kitts and then ferry to Nevis), there are just too many better options from which to choose.

2 Thank chester
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Amazing experience, breathtaking location, truly an unforgettable vacation. I can't get this place off of my mind and it's been 3 weeks! The room, bathroom and bed all surpassed our expectations. The service is top notch and the food is wonderful.

The boat ride over from St. Kitts was something I was dreading, but it turned out fine...thanks to a couple of glasses of rum punch! Our favorite restaurant at the resort was the Coral Grill. The menu was so good, we had a tough time deciding what to have. The service was excellent and most of the staff was pleasant and friendly. The spa experience and menu is excellent...definitely something for every taste. The view of Mt. Nevis from the spa will forever be burned into my mind. It's as if the entire world just melted away...complete relaxation!

I'll be back to Nevis and the Four Seasons...soon!

1 Thank Laureen1224
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
The Mount Nevis Hotel
Ocean Terrace Inn
#2 of 6 in Basseterre
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino

Been to Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies? Share your experiences!