“worker personal apparance at the spa”

Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Boston, Massachusetts
“worker personal apparance at the spa”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My friends and I just completed or stay. Service was outstanding; our room was beautiful but needs a little updating, facilities were top notch. We very much enjoyed our stay...

But our experience at the spa was not great don't get us wrong the environment was welcoming and very relaxing but there was one spa attendant that looked very tired and stressed under her glasses her hair was in a mess just fallen like she just jumped out of bed and came straight to work. The massage was just OK just because looking at her made me felt sad.

Other than that I really did enjoy myself... I will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just completed a marvelous five night stay. Service was outstanding; our room was beautiful, as was the view; facilities were top notch. We very much enjoyed our stay, including the lavish breakfast, the food at Cabana and Mango, and our time at the pools and on the beach. One caveat: there were a lot of families staying there. One group included five adults and nine children, and they acted at times as if they were in their kitchen at home -- temper tantrums, running around the dining room, rude parents. They did impact enjoyment at times. Also, there was a group from Ford Motors that seemed to get loud at times.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank prhnjd
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed 4 nighs in early 2013, and after visiting FS Bora Bora in 2012 our expectations were high. Fortunately everything we liked about FSBB exists at Nevis too: 5 star treatment for all guests, excellent beach service, good snorkeling, restaurants that let their chefs order any ingredients they want to use, loads of nice marble everywhere, beautiful landscaping. Getting up before breakfast to do laps in the very clean pool was nice too. This is not an inexpensive hotel, but it is one where you feel like the product justifies the cost even if it is a splurge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BostonConnoisseur
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I spent a week at the Four Seasons on Nevis in January, 2014. It was my first trip to Nevis.

The hotel is lovely. The room was immaculate - very spacious and clean. The AC worked great (always a big factor of my overall happiness). The various pools were great, the landscaping beautiful and the staff were all very pleasant.

I really enjoyed the setting of the resort. The views of Mt. Nevis and landscaping reminded me constantly of the Hilton on Moorea, Tahiti. It's very beautiful.

I really enjoyed dinners at the on site restaurants Mango and Coral Grill. The food at the pool bar was average but the drinks were cold and the staff were great!

I was really looking forward to playing a lot of tennis during the trip and was excited about the 10 courts and the possibility of taking a few lessons with the on-site pros. What I didn't expect were the $40/hour fees to play, even as a guest of the hotel. That just seems steep considering the cost of the room per night ($700ish). In the end, I opted to pay $600 for an unlimited tennis package that included clinics, 5 lessons with a pro, and unlimited court time. The two pros, Chris and Kip, were great. I really enjoyed my lessons with them. After the initial shock of the $40 per hour fees, I settled in and really enjoyed the tennis.

The beach is very nice at the resort. The water was very clear but the sand is a brownish color since Nevis is a volcanic island. Just not the blinding white sand I enjoy the most.

I ordered room service several times during the trip (breakfast each morning and two dinners)and it was very sub-par for the cost. I never ordered anything from room service that I really enjoyed.

Overall, I enjoyed the trip. I liked the island - it's very quanit and charming. The wild donkeys, goats and monkeys were really neat to see! I also liked the grounds at the resort and especially the people I met.

Nevis and The Four Seasons are lovely but in the end, I doubt I will return. For the overall cost and the effort it took me to get there from Atlanta (through Miam to St. Kitts and then ferry to Nevis), there are just too many better options from which to choose.

2 Thank chester
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Amazing experience, breathtaking location, truly an unforgettable vacation. I can't get this place off of my mind and it's been 3 weeks! The room, bathroom and bed all surpassed our expectations. The service is top notch and the food is wonderful.

The boat ride over from St. Kitts was something I was dreading, but it turned out fine...thanks to a couple of glasses of rum punch! Our favorite restaurant at the resort was the Coral Grill. The menu was so good, we had a tough time deciding what to have. The service was excellent and most of the staff was pleasant and friendly. The spa experience and menu is excellent...definitely something for every taste. The view of Mt. Nevis from the spa will forever be burned into my mind. It's as if the entire world just melted away...complete relaxation!

I'll be back to Nevis and the Four Seasons...soon!

1 Thank Laureen1224
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014

stayed for 4 nights after a stay in Antigua. Our room (standard mountain view) was lovely) very
spacious and the view was beautiful. The bathroom was spacious and the bed was superbly
comfortable. The resort is quite big and l usually prefer smaller resorts but l soon found my way
around. The pools were lovely, loungers very comfortable and pools very clean.
The beach is beautiful, so clean and free of stones, perfect for swimming and children and lovely
for walking. Breakfasts were great, really good choice. Restaurants were very good. We also walked along the beach and tried the local bars and cafes, they are good and worth a visit, far
more reasonable prices. We hired a car to see the island as we hadn't been before. It is a lovely
friendly island. Service in the hotel was very good and staff were very friendly. Great holiday.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

After reading pretty much every review of the FSN, I booked an eight (turned into 9) day stay and we just returned. We fell in love with the resort. The room was comfortable (amazing bed). We were upgraded to an ocean front room. The landscaping at the resort is amazing and never failed to amaze me. We loved the three pools, the expansive grounds, and sea turtles and schools of fish right off the reflection pool beach.

I had my doubts about the food just because it is a resort. The food was GREAT. We ate at mangos twice, and the scenery, bar, and dining experience were all top notch. We had breakfast every day and it was great. I read some reviews saying the breakfast was subpar. Every morning, there was a different fried treat (doughnuts, bananna fritters), waffles, pancakes or french toast, omelettes, pastries, yogurts, smoothies...what more could you want? In terms of prices, a meal for 2 at mango was no more expensive than a nice dinner in NYC or DC. We also had a burger and pizza on the beach on the last day..one of the better burgers I have ever eaten. The tuna tacos at the beach are also amazing. In terms of prices, some prices are very fair (tuna tacos at 12$) and some are a little much (burger for 24). Overall I thought it was pretty fair, especially the drinks (vodka drinks for 9 dollars).

The service was great. Shout out to Kerry for his great service, as well as Jhaidel and Uroy at the beach. Amazing beach service. Do not expect to be pampered all day with evian spray and free treats like the old days, but one to three times a day they will come by with cold towels, smoothies, coconut macaroons, etc, which is good enough for me!

In terms of out of resort restaurants, please see my individual reviews and below:

Banannas: Awesome food and atmosphere, Gillian the owner is super, do not miss this place. This was our easiest decision for good reason. They greet you right when you get there and invite you to the amazing rooftop terrace.

Indian Summer (X2): AMAZING indian food. The owner Rain is the best. Just go. Period. I have eaten Indian all over and this was the only out of resort restaurant we went to twice.

Coconut Grove: Maybe the most upscale and high quality food we had. Service was overbearing with the wine and more phony than Bannanas and Indian Summer. But for the food do not miss this. Pasta, tuna appertizer, onion soup and desserts were top notch.

Nesbit Thursday Night Beach BBQ: The food was extremely low quality (lower than college dorm food). It is also very far. We regret losing a night by going to this.

Golden Rock: Great atmoshphere, obviously. We were dropped off there and there was no manager, host or anything to greet us and show us around, etc. They were out of many menu items. We were about to leave, but the food ended up being adequate. Nice lobster tail (not as good as mango). The food was good but we would not return.

We would 100 percent return to this beautiful resort. It is also great that they are so active on social media and would retweet our pictures, etc. Very modern and smart. The lobby is great, the reflection pool is great and we just loved our time at the resort.

1 Thank Dcapscaribfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
The Mount Nevis Hotel
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Paradise Beach Nevis
Paradise Beach Nevis
#4 of 7 in Nevis

Been to Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies? Share your experiences!