i would like to share my experience about Coral Grill in Four Seasons Nevis. You come to an exotic location, travel by a boat to a beautiful island and are looking forward to allow yourself not to think about deadlines and responsibilities, you just want to treat yourself and be looked after.
Fist two evenings you are so jet legged that you order room service and fall asleep.
On the third night we went to Coral Grill to have a nice authentic Caribbean dinner with my son.
The waitress was very arrogant and not very professional, she took an order and disappeared for 30 min i had to jump 5 times to ask for bread and butter, kids cutlery and a drink for my little one. Waiting for food.... Asked three times when its coming? Got a very polite answer its coming shortly, after 35 min I said i needed a manager - who came into the restaurant offered me a free drink and was very apologetic as the rest of the staff. Sometimes - you do not need apologies or free drinks - you need your food and drinks not after 1.5 when you have already eaten all bread on the table and your child is falling asleep. Second glass of champagne never arrived. UPPS...
The quality of a lobster was not good, it was over cooked and was difficult to be separated from the shell. The manager apologised again and suggested that the lobster was removed from the bill. Which was fine - but to be honest when you come for 5 star resort you are not looking for free food or drinks. I must be fair - everyone was nice, apologised like crazy 25 times, offered free food and drinks - BUT THIS WAS NOT i was looking for. It would be nice to have just the right food in the right time. The same thing happened to me again at lunch the next day - simple kids pasta and tuna salad took them 1,06 min to be cooked. by the time it arrived the child was asleep , i was exausted , we got our next portion of apologies and suggestions of free drinks and the doggy bags to be delivered to our room. I am just wondering would it be easier to inform people beforehand that the restaurant is full - it will be waiting time of at least 45-60 min - would you mind?????? or suggest something from fast food menu. Look at WAGAMAMA i fast food cafe in London, they always tell you that the food comes at different time, unfortunately it will be waiting time.... and you decide.... Here you feel deceived when every 5 min they keep telling you that your food is on its way a nd its not coming . Perhaps i am demanding, high maintanance..... but people are different and different people come to the resort just to cover yourself - TELL people in advance that it will be long or hire more people ... or train them to mange the situation not just apologise non stop.... VERY DISappointing..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis. A tropical oasis located lifetimes away from the hustle and bustle of the Caribbean-flush with sugar-soft beaches and sweeping vistas of rainforest, discover equal parts serenity and tropical adventure around every bend. Set off to the little-known island of Nevis and escape to the farthest reaches of your imagination. Here, the island is your oyster. Tee off by sunset at our Robert Jones-designed golf course, catch your own lobster for dinner or fall asleep along a beach of your choosing. How it plays out is up to you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies Hotel Charlestown
- 4 Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
- Four Seasons Hotel Charlestown
- Four Seasons Charlestown
- Four Season Nevis
- Charlestown Four Seasons
- 4 Seasons Nevis
- Four Season Hotel Nevis
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies Charlestown