1,870 results
All reviews golf course mango four seasons resort kids club adult pool pool staff boat ride st kitts water sports a mountain view room cold towels every staff member beautiful island indian summer family vacation killer bee ocean front
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were here for 5 days on our honeymoon in late May 2013.

The hotel: Impeccable service. We didn't touch our bags once the minute we got on the ferry transporting us from St. Kitts airport to the resort. All the hotel employees (and I mean every single one) was friendly in a genuine way and they went above and beyond the call of duty. Turn down service, awesome L'Occitane bath products, and the plush four poster bed made it all very luxurious. This is not the most absurd amazing Four Seasons hotel out there, but it's pretty goddamn nice.

The food: 15% gratuity and 12% service charge is included automatically. Room service and on site restaurants are predictably very expensive ($25-$35 entrees). If you prefer less "fancy" food, head down the beach (to the left) about a two minute walk to Lime's. The ribs and curry shrimp were really good. There is also Sunshines, but I found the food at Lime's to be much better (apparently owner at Lime's is an ex-Sunshine employee). We also made sure to try what the locals would eat; tour guide took us to Rodney's in Charlestown, which was great.

Activities: We relaxed poolside, took a tour of the town, went horseback riding, and did scuba. All can be reserved through the concierge. I highly recommend taking a tour to get a feel for the island away from the resort. Go to the Golden Rock Plantation for great botanical gardens. Horseback riding (there are two options, we took the one that goes along the beach) was great and a superb way to see other parts of the island. After dinner, there's not much in terms of bumping nightlife.

Overall: The island is beautiful and quiet. I noticed it was mainly couples (older couples) and families with young children. The beaches are not crystal clear, turquoise water, but it is certainly beautiful. If quiet and relaxing is what you want, this is your place. If you're looking for turquoise waters or nightlife, go elsewhere.

1  Thank littlepinkywessel
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just returned from an incredible vacation at the Four Seasons in Nevis with my three best girl friends from college!

We had never experienced pampering quite like at this resort... cool peppermint towels and fruit-infused water delivered almost instantaneously as you arrived on the beach, chair and towel set-up, and friendly staff waiting on your hand and foot with anything you desire. By the end of the trip, everyone knew us by name and we knew them- I have never met such friendly and genuine people in my life as the locals of Nevis!

We arrived on Tuesday to a beachfront room with two double beds and a large bathroom. There was chilled wine and a bowl of local fruit waiting for us when we walked in, and we were thrilled with the attention to detail. The beds were wonderfully comfortable, and after our days in the sun, we slept like rocks.

This resort is truly a family and couples destination, as the entire island seems to shut down around 9pm during the week and there is no music or activity in the resort after that time. We were the only singles in the entire place (besides children, of course) so we had trouble meeting people to hang out with. We did meet a few "fun" couples on a catamaran snorkeling expedition, which was a bargain at only $66/head (though we enjoyed the bottomless rum punch immensely more than the snorkeling.)

The food is pricey... $36 for the breakfast buffet seems outrageous to me since I've been to resorts with twice as much to choose from for way less, but I enjoyed all of the dishes I tried at Neve (the egg white omelette was my go-to.) Overall, the food was just okay until our dinner at Coral Grill, which was wonderful.
I had the steak with bernaise sauce and twice-baked potatoes, which was delicious. Our friends had the lobster, which was also fresh and delicious. That was definitely the winning meal at the resort.
We ordered plenty of frozen drinks on the beach, which were original and traditional concoctions, and they were great at taking our off-the-menu requests. Room service was quick and the food was hot.

My only complaint would be there is nothing to do after 9pm at the resort itself, so you have to go elsewhere if you're the party type, and the paths are NOT well-lit, so be careful if you wear heels. The resort is pitch black at night!

One more thing: we took a tour of the island of St. Kitts on our second to last day. We paid our driver $20/person for a two-hour trip which ended at a grill and bar called Shipwrecked. We loved it- learning about the history of the island was wonderful. Their economy appears to be in shambles, as their "democracy" seems to me as more of a dictatorship, even after receiving their independence from England in 1983... they are not allowed to own their own land or export any fruits or veggies, which grow rampant in the rich soil of the islands. Therefore, they rely on our tourism for their wellbeing. They could be bitter about the tough situation, but like I said before, these locals are genuinely upbeat, positive, and the most friendly people I've met on vacation.

Don't miss Nevis and St. Kitts. I love this little country!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent our first five nights at the Nisbet Plantation and then moved on to the four seasons for four nights. Our room was what we expected of the four seasons- luxurious bed, great bathroom. We looked out over the golf course at the volcano. The service was very attentive at the pool and they give guests a rock which you can either flip up indicating you want them to stop by with drinks, snacks, etc or down to a shhhh side if you just want to be left alone. Food was pretty consistently good, although as one would expect, a little pricey. Great workout room and plenty of walking courses if you want to get up early and go out to see the monkeys. We did the afternoon golf cart tour which was a lot of fun and got to see dozens of monkeys in the trees. We also did a catamaran sail and snorkel trip through the resort -- you pick up the boat right onthe four seasons dock. It was fun but the fish were not so spectacular. I think I am giving the resort four stars because the staff is not especially warm. This may not be a completely fair criticism because I think the four seasons is going for a more formal type of service -- everyone calls you by your last name and are over the top solicitous. At breakfast they speak to you in hushed tones in a formal manner -- eg, "was everything to your liking Mrs Jones? Can I bring you anything else to make your breakfast more enjoyable Mrs Jones? etc" Even when I went out walking along the beautifully landscaped paths in the morning, every groundskeeper I crossed paths with made an effort to stop what he was doing and say good morning. At first, this is a nice touch, but then you realize that it is required of all of the workers and I began to feel uncomfortable and wanting them to just ignore me. On a more positive note, my husband had a massage at the spa and gave a glowing report of the spa facility. I really liked having the free washer and dryer to do a quick load towards the end of our trip. The beach was really nice and it was groomed to get rid of all of the seaweed. If you go, make sure to walk down pinney beach to Lime for a rum punch and some lobster. Walking home down the beach at night, however, feels a bit sketchy and there are really no lights for a portion of the walk so be careful.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed June 1, 2013

If you are looking for a world class hotel on Nevis, this is it. It is not the most opulent, luxurious Four Seasons in the world, but it is great. Nevis is a beautiful, magical place. I was here nearly 15 years ago and on Nevis for 2 months, so we wanted to get out and see the island beyond the Four Seasons. It is pretty easy to simply stay on site and enjoy the pools, beach, and everything the resort has to offer. The airport transfer from St.Kitts is well worth it with cold drinks and seamless check-in. We were welcomed to our room by wonderfully friendly staff and a delicious plate of chocolate-banana cake. After spending about 30 minutes in the room, my mold allergy told me this was not going to work. We asked if we could be moved and they graciously sent us with a staff member to see another mountain view room and an ocean view room. We chose the upgraded ocean view room and they did agree to honor our original room rate. If you are sensitive to mold, I would avoid ground level rooms in building 11. We saw 2 of them and they both had a terrible moldy smell. Not sure if the 2nd floor rooms are the same.
The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. We only ate 1 meal (breakfast) at the hotel and it was very good with typical Four Seasons price ($96 USD for 2). We rented a car which was delivered to the resort and we just left the keys at the front desk upon departure. The rep from Thrifty gave me my St. Kitts- Nevis drivers license and when I asked if there are any laws I should be aware of and he shook his head no and said, "Just remember to drive on the left and watch out for donkeys."
If you plan to sit on the beach, look for the red umbrellas behind the reflections pool - they have call buttons so you can order drinks and food. Even though it was off season, the wonderful staff came by with complimentary berry flavored water, sorbet, and macaroons.
We had excellent meals at Gallipot, Golden Rock, and Bananas, average ones at Mt. Nevis Hotel and Oualie Beach. And great times at Sunshine's, Chevy's, and Gallipot. Can't wait to return.

Room tip: Corner units have larger balconies. Two different first floor rooms in bldg 11 smelled musty/ moldy.
1  Thank JessFloats
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went to FZN with our 2 year old twins, few weeks ago, and we had a great time. The resort is so beautiful and the staff is amazing

Pros: Very kid friendly. Kids under 5 eat free and you really don't have to order from kids menu. They can make kid size portion for any dish. They took care of all my kids needs. Happy kids happy parents.
-Staff was great - restaurants, spa and housekeeping. All the restaurants managers greeted us everyday at the restaurants.
- My kids loved the golf cart. We would call for golf cart to go everywhere even short distance and the gc drivers took us everywhere without complains. Kids loved going to the monkey tour in the golf cart.
-kids room is great with lots of stuff for kids to do.
- they also have a small playground. Its great for small children
- You could order food and drinks at the pool and the beach.
- they had sunscreen and cooling cream at the beach, pool and the bar. Very useful when we ran out of them by the end of the trip.
- scuba diving and snorkeling was great.

cons: It is a volcano island therefore sand is ashy - not fine white sand.

• Trip type: Traveled with family