“A relaxing, wonderful honeymoon! The food was expensive but considering they have to import so much, totally worth it!”

Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed March 27, 2013

There are 3 local restaurants that offer low maintenance dining within walking distance from the hotel, for the nights you want to pay $50 instead of $85. Our favorite spot was Lime, and the ribs are amazing...literally the best BBQ ribs I have ever had and I'm from Alabama. Expect to spend about $150 on 2 meals a day, with one alcoholic beverage each. (There was 2 of us) We went hiking with a tour guide and while we enjoyed it, we probably wouldn't do that again. The catamaran snorkeling trip was great! I was scared at first but then felt safe in the waters. We were there for our honeymoon and had a lovely time, I would love to relive it one day! The Four Seasons staff were all so kind and appreciative of our tourism there. The cab drivers were great representatives of the island. We did not run into one unfriendly person on the island. We even wandered into town and went grocery shopping for fruitloops and water!
There is not any shopping on the island but you can take an $8 ferry to St. Kitts for shopping. We were so pleased with this trip!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view!
1 Thank aptolar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I just spent 4 nights at the Four Seasons, Nevis. There is no doubt it is the most luxurious hotel on the island, but it appears it has become a bit dated. The grounds are well maintained, but all the foliage comes with a price--lots of mosquitos. They do "fog" the grounds regularly, but be sure to pack some repellent. You will probably find a few mosquitos in your room each night--they love hiding in the bathrooms! The rooms are large, but very few electrical outlets for those of us who need to recharge just about everything in our lives! Like most large hotel chains, WiFi is there as a moneymaker for them, not an amenity for you. One device can access the (slow) WiFi for free. If you want an additional phone or laptop to be able to access the network, or if you want faster speeds, be prepared to pay $18/day extra. The food at each of the restaurants, while on the expensive side, was as expected for this type of resort. Even after eating several meals at "top-rated" restaurants around the island, our best meal was at the resort's Mango restaurant!
The staff was always pleasant and helpful, as you expect at such a resort. Overall, not a bad experience, but less than you expect at this price point.

Room Tip: Construction currently taking place near the southern end of the resort.
3 Thank PSUDon
FSRN_Resort_Manager, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
It was a pleasure having you as our guest at Four Seasons Resort Nevis during your recent visit. We would like to thank you for the time to express your concerns as your vital feedback has given us an opportunity to follow-up with the employees concerned and to conduct the necessary retraining to ensure the full satisfaction of our valued guests.

Having visited our sister properties, you are in a position to measure the consistency in service. Observations and suggestions from our guests are always welcome and we appreciate your specific comment citing the quality of the resort’s facilities,. We also recognize that you experienced several challenges with the wifi connection and mosquitos. Please accept my apologies for the numerous interruptions in service and for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. I can assure you that the information you have provided has been shared with our team so that we can aim for the best improvements.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and choosing Nevis and the Four Seasons Resort for your Caribbean vacation. I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at this hotel, February 2 thru February 6. We were upgraded to a suite with a wonderful ocean view. The service, throughout the hotel, was absolutely first class. We ate most of our meals in the many different restaurants on the premises. The food was simply delicious.I played golf twice on the hotel's golf course, and it is a very good layout.
We plan to return next year.

Room Tip: get a room on the second floor with a ocean view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank john h
New York
Reviewed March 17, 2013

To preface, the Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts are usually my & my wife's go-to for both business & pleasure. Over this holiday, we were invited to stay at a resort on St. Kitts, and I was looking forward to my visit to the Four Seasons Nevis for golf while on the island. My wife asked me to assess the resort as well for a girls' spa holiday that she is planning in May.

The water taxi from our resort to the Four Seasons Nevis dock was $160 RT which I happily paid, looking forward to a beautiful day of two rounds of golf on their Robert Trent Jones course. Unfortunately, once I arrived, my high hopes began to unravel.

The greens fees for 18 holes for one ($200 without tax) are akin to Pebble Beach while the conditions are not even close to that standard. While the greens are well-kept, the fairways are in terrible shape. Additionally, while some may call the course layout "challenging", I found the angular nature of the course layout to be absurd. In addition, we purchased a 12-pack of Miller Lites for the day, which cost $100. I understand that the Four Seasons charges a premium, and this was our option, but I still thought the cost for Miller Lites to be over-the-top.

After I finished my first round of 18 and was considering a replay, I wanted to reach out to my wife, but I had no signal. I asked the resort if I could get a temporary WiFi password to communicate with my wife, and the resort would not budge on the additional $18.00 WiFi fee. I realize $18 isn't much, but considering I had already spent $460 to travel to their resort, play 18 holes and drink a few beers, I was aghast that there was no compromise here. Even one of the bellboys, sensing my displeasure, tried to help by speaking to someone about the WiFi, but even he was rebuffed. Instead of playing another 18, I had the concierge contact the water taxi to pick me up immediately.

I will certainly never stay at the Four Seasons Nevis (and it's obviously off the table for my wife's upcoming trip), and I'm seriously reconsidering future stays at Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts in the future. I was absolutely offended by the rude attitude and treatment by the Four Seasons Nevis front desk staff. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS GOLF COURSE OR HOTEL TO ANYONE.

For golf, GO TO THE ROYAL ST. KITTS (A MARRIOTT COURSE) FOR A MUCH BETTER ALL-AROUND EXPERIENCE.

10 Thank zcdiv
FSRN_Resort_Manager, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to cross over to Nevis on your recent trip to St. Kitts. We are very sorry that you did not find our golf course up to par, but we are more so concerned about the service you experienced at the front desk at the Resort. As you know, Four Seasons prides itself as a brand for offering consistent service and our top priority is for the comfort and care of our guests and visitors. I want to assure you that I am personally following up with all of your issues to ensure they are addressed in the appropriate areas with action for correction. Your specific feedback is very valuable to us and hearing about your disappointing visit is of great concern. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further. If you can e-mail me at mohamed.elbanna@fourseaosns.com and leave me a telephone number or e-mail address to reach you, I will reach out to investigate these concerns further with your assistance.

Regards,
Mohamed Elbanna
Resort Manager
Norman oklahoms
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A very beautiful hotel. Son had sore throat and they brought cough drops to,condo....get American express deal and you will get a great breafast delivered to your condo. Amazing beach for swimming too. Love loved it everything.

Room Tip: Mountain view is great...and beats the ocean view because condos are so far away...can not hear wave...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kokomo57
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We called into the Four Seasons with the intention of having lunch, looking around and perhaps requesting a room for a future visit. it was very hot day and whilst going past a pool hut on the way one of our party noticed there were pitchers of iced water. A member of our group asked could she please have a glass of water the server looked cross and started to interrogate her about if we where were staying at the Four Seasons. It was a very hot day and it's not unreasonable to provide a glass of water to a visitor. We left the resort and went to Montpelier for our lunch where we were treated very well. We were interested in staying at the Four Seasons as the one in Maui was very good. It is a beautiful location but now all our plans for staying at The Four Seasons in the future have now been discarded.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank PaulsReview
FSRN_Resort_Manager, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for visiting Nevis and the Four Seasons. We are sorry to hear your visit to the Resort did not go well or as planned. Typically, guests call ahead for a resort tour and if we have a guest room available for show, we will include that as well in the tour. This way, we can ensure guests have everything they need and we have a staff member available as well to answer any questions about the property, show you around or escort you to the restaurant. We do hope you have the opportunity to come again and if you do, please feel free to contact me at mohamed.elbanna@fourseasons.com so I can personally handle any arrangements. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations and feel free to e-mail me as well and I am happy to give you a call to discuss further.

Regards,
Mohamed Elbanna
Resort Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A couple of friends of mine and I just spent a wonderful six days in Nevis at the Four Seasons. The staff were extremely friendly, and attention to detail was impressive. The trips between the airport in St. Kitts to the resort were seamless. Throughout our trip, we commented that families with young children seemed to be enjoying the resort as much as we were (three women in their 30s, looking to have a relaxing escape for a few days). There are three pools - opportunities for family-friendly fun as well as more quiet relaxation. Although I did not use the spa services, my friends both raved about their experiences. Definitely check in with the concierge for great suggestions about activities both at the resort and around the island.

Room Tip: We had a wonderful ocean view - fantastic sunsets!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jennifer M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
The Mount Nevis Hotel
Ocean Terrace Inn
#2 of 5 in Basseterre
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino

Been to Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies? Share your experiences!