Dear 4 seasons manager,
When we arrived there were 3 notes in our room asking us to contact you if there are any problems. Of course, there seem to be 3 different managers, none of whom have e-mail addresses or phone numbers. There are no contact details on the website either - I checked.
After a week, and not even having left the hotel yet, I now know why none of the managers left their contact details. It is because none of them cares. The resort looks picture perfect, but the food is no better than at Denny's, possibly worse, and vastly overpriced. Service is slow and the whole approach can be summarised by the single word "unintelligent".
If the hotel thinks that people able to afford this hotel will flock to it and be stupid enough to keep coming back when they get 3-star treatment for 5-star prices, they are wrong. I made the mistake once and won't make it again.
The worst thing is that the "managers" don't even realise this. They are not leading the team at the hotel.
We heard one of the beach attendants pleading with the kitchen on the radio, asking that food a guest had ordered be delivered. It was obviously very late, and yet the kitchen decided to argue the point. So - even the keen beach attendant's efforts to improve service levels were defeated. The "managers" responsible for this fiasco should just be fired.
In a way the failure of this hotel will be a good thing for the otherwise charming and wonderful island, because the hotel's presence here has really jacked up the prices everywhere to unsustainable levels. When this hotel is removed the island can get back to reality and other hotels can finally breathe a sigh of relief.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis. A tropical oasis located lifetimes away from the hustle and bustle of the Caribbean-flush with sugar-soft beaches and sweeping vistas of rainforest, discover equal parts serenity and tropical adventure around every bend. Set off to the little-known island of Nevis and escape to the farthest reaches of your imagination. Here, the island is your oyster. Tee off by sunset at our Robert Jones-designed golf course, catch your own lobster for dinner or fall asleep along a beach of your choosing. How it plays out is up to you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies Hotel Charlestown
- 4 Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
- Four Seasons Hotel Charlestown
- Four Seasons Charlestown
- Four Season Nevis
- Charlestown Four Seasons
- 4 Seasons Nevis
- Four Season Hotel Nevis
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies Charlestown