“Awesome!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
California
“Awesome!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I do not understand how anyone can have anything to say about this resort. The prices are a little high, but it is a Four Seasons, and you should expect that. All of the food that we had was very good or excellent, and the resort staff was extremely accommodating and very friendly. Our room was on the second floor and had a beautiful view of the ocean as well as one of the golf course greens. The rooms are good comfortable with a balcony. While there, we did the Island tour, which was very interesting. It did get to be a bit long, but if you are interested in learning about the history of the Island or seeing more than the resort I would recommend it. One of the employees at the resort recommended that we stop at the Botanical Gardens, which is not a normal stop. The Gardens were very pretty and well cared for, but unless you are really in to plants, I don't think this is a necessary on the tour, because you see most of the same things at the other stops. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation..

Room Tip: Second floor rooms definately have a better view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slefore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My expectations were high, maybe too high, for this little island resort. Having stayed at some superior Four Season's, I did expect more from this property. I must say the rooms were spacious, beautifully appointed, and expertly serviced. We stayed in one of the 2 room suites with an adjoining room, overlooking the ocean and giving us 2 balconies.
The property offered several pools (though there was only one that seemed to be an adults only, quiet type and that one was at the other end of the resort from our room.) We visited in the "off season" so there were plenty of chairs availalbe both pool and beachside at all times; however, finding someone to help or setup a chair was not always easy. I'm not certain if this was because there were fewer attendants due to the season. There were two days that they had no towels pool or beachside. I can't recall the excuses we received but I did find that very unusual and very unFour Season like.
The golf course is beautiful and the staff is very accomadating. Tennis courts are plentiful with multiple surfaces. I would suggest bringing your own rackets and shoes if you are any type of serioius player, though these are available to rent the selection is minimal. The spa is relaxing and we did experience a variety of services. (Facials, pediures, massages...) They were all good but none special. When you pay resort prices for spa services they should be special. Actually, the pedicures and facials were not as good as what I get at home for half the price.
When I visit a resort such as this I do expect the food to be very good. The food here is very average. The evening restaurants are on a schedule where only 2 are open each night, so options are limited. The food is also very expensive. This was disappointing especially since we had sailed the Tortola's in the spring and everywhere we stopped the food was incredible (not any less expensive but truly outstanding.)
This resort has some very nice features but falls short of being a 5 star rated destination.

Room Tip: Though the villas looked inviting, they are off property and you will need to take a golf cart to ge...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank happytraveler214
Tara M, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit to the Resort and for your thorough overview of your experience. We are delighted that you took the time to explore all the amenities of the Resort including spa, golf, tennis, restaurants and the beach and pools. We are disappointed that we did live up to your Five Star expectations but with specific feedback like yours and suggestions, we can help to ensure the best possible guest experience for our future. Our goal as a Four Seasons property and as a AAA Five Diamond hotel is always to exceed expectations, so we truly apologize that this was not the case with your visit. We hope that you will consider Nevis and the Resort again for future travels and don't hesitate to contact me directly at andrew.humphries@fourseasons.com if I can personally assist in any way or address any concerns directly.

Sincerely yours,
Reviewed November 1, 2012

stayed here in a private villa with my husband and another couple a few years back (the first time) although we visit quite often. Loved everything about it. The boat ride from St Kitts to the resort was long but well worth the wait! Food was really good, service was impecable. I would definately reccomend to anyone who is looking for a relaxing vacation. Dont forget to say hello to Sunshine ;)

Room Tip: if you can, rent a private villa...definately worth the money
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mbella
Thank you writing this great recommendation for Nevis, Four Seasons and especially the insider tip: Not to miss Sunshine's. We hope to welcome you back to the island in the near future.

Best wishes,
Director of Public Relations
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Top-notch accommodations, service, food. Scenery awesome! Arrived just after a tropical storm, so a bit difficult to get to from St. Kitts (a long, bumpy cab ride to a pier and then a quick boat ride across to Nevis, then another cab ride). Very expensive. Probably once in a lifetime for me due to expense but everyone should experience at least once!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Paula P
Thank you for making the journey to visit Nevis! We appreciate you letting us know it was worth the trip! You sounded like a true travel trooper bearing the unfortunate timing of tropical storm Rafael. We hope it may not be just a "once in a lifetime" trip. As we say in Nevis, do come again.

Best wishes and safe travels,
Public Relations for Four Seasons Resort Nevis
Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This Four Seasons was very nice but not what I was expecting out of a Four Seasons. My first glitch was arriving at St Kitts airport and even though they had my reservation down and knew I was coming they did not have a shuttle boat ready for us, so we had to wait approx 45 min for them to arrange a ride for us to the hotel. Though I did book with Amex the hotel should have contacted us for our flight info, after flying you don't want to keep waiting around for more transportation. Though the Four Season employees at the airport were very helpful and nice we still had to wait. Once we arrived to the hotel we were told our room was not ready?? So we were shuffled to the Cabana for a lunch we did not want to have since we had snacks at the airport while we waited for them to get our boat shuttle. So at this point now we were approx 2 hours of waiting, plus we had to pay for a lunch we did not want and were charged 130.00 departure transfer upon our check out that we were not told about. Once we checked in to our room and the vacations began everything was great. The staff at the hotel is very good and they take care of anything you may need. The concierge was excellent and had very good recommendations for on and around the Island.

The Coral grill was the best for us for dinner. Our second favorite was right at the lobby there are a few casual tables with an excellent view and great Tapas, we loved this to. Mangos was ok and the Cabana grill was ok. If we want excellent food leave the resort in a taxi and go to Golden Rock for lunch or dinner it is excellent and Bananas is excellent to with a mix of local flavor, plus they have a great signature martini called passion fruit martini!

My favorite area at Four Seasons was the Spa, it is beautiful and relaxing, bring your bathing suit they have a beautiful small waterfall pool and a cold plunge pool.

The golf course is fun, I just rode around with my husband and enjoyed it very much, beautiful greens and if you want to see a lot of monkeys there are around the 10th hole area and all over the greens.

The resort property is very nice and has great walking trails, unfortunately to me the beach was just average, I was hoping for a prettier beach, I like the white sand beaches with bluer waters better than the volcanic beaches with the dark sand but that is just me. The water was clear but the beach it self was just ok.

We took the catamaran snorkel trip and it was very relaxing and fun, if you are looking for coral there was not much but it was still very nice with plenty of fish, it is more like rubble down there instead of coral. I think is due mostly to hurricane damage in the past that destroys coral. The crew on the catamaran was great and it was an excellent way to get out on the water and see a little more of the island.

We really like Nevis a lot and we are happy we chose the Four Season because we still think it was the best property on the Island.. If you are planning to visit there 4 nights would be enough , you can see the entire Island in 1 hour or so, it is only aprox 27 miles around the Island and your extra days will give you time to visit the botanical gardens and the town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank travelthroughmyeyes
Thank you for visiting the island of Nevis and Four Seasons. We apologize for your less than seamless arrival experience at St. Kitts Airport and your delayed check-in to the Resort. We know our guests are traveling the extra mile to enjoy our secluded paradise. We have taken your comments seriously and will continue to work on refining the St. Kitts welcome experience, so our guests can feel like they have checked into a Four Seasons as soon as they have landed.

We are happy you made the most of the rest of your visit and appreciate you providing such a positive take on it. We especially enjoyed reading the itinerary of your stay and all you did both on property and exploring around our 27-mile island. Our proud Nevisian concierges are delighted when our guests go out of the hotel to sample the local flavor as it is --the island itself-- that really makes Four Seasons Resort Nevis so special.

We hope to welcome you again to Nevis in the future.

Best regards,
Orlando
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My review may be slanted as the weather was terrible. The service was excellent but the food was average and very expensive. ($5 coke amd coffee)Sometimes it's the little things that you remember and I thought the resort could have communicated better during the tropical storm or provided a complimentary drink, a discount for the very rough boat ride back to St. Kitts. Some people paid 1/2 the resort fee of $130.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank OrlandoCork146
Tara M, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review and for visiting Nevis as your vacation destination. We appreciate your constructive feedback and realize that the tropical storm put an unexpected damper on your experience. We were impressed by the good spirited nature of our guests such as yourself during the rainy weather. Thank you for your patience. We have shared your comments with our entire team and guest services, so we can ensure not only the safety and comfort of our guests at all times, but also seamless communications. We do hope that you will consider visiting again so we can show you the best of Nevis and the Resort. Feel free to contact my office if I can be of any assistance at andrew.humphries@fourseasons.com

Sincerely yours,
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Four Seasons has a standard of excellence for all properties so what is there to say about our honeymoon at the Nevis property??….it was just RIGHT R-romantic I-Intimate G- Gracious H-Hospitable T- Terrific What a change from the standard city property we are most accustomed to. From the moment we landed at the St. Kitts airport the Four Seasons had our transportation from taxi to ferry arranged. All of our services providers were kind and more than accommodating.
As we boarded the ferry over to Nevis we were offered an array of beverages of which we chose the local rum punch (highly recommend) it was a short pleasant ride to the Four Seasons dock where we were greeted and brought directly to our incredible Ocean access suite. The room was beautiful and had island spirit décor yet with the standard Four Seasons accommodations. Because it was our honeymoon we had a bottle of champagne and cake waiting for us that really made us even more happy and comfortable than we already were.
Throughout our stay we dined on property and all the staff was more than kind to us. Concierge was very helpful with our cabana rentals and dinner reservations, and all requests we had throughout our stay. They will make every part of your stay a memorable one. We decided we wanted a massage in our beach cabana and within an hour we had one, then we decided we would like to try paddle boarding, every wish was granted with a smile by the staff. I highly recommend getting a cabana at the beach.
Unfortunately we did get stuck in quite a storm, which lasted for a few days while on the island however the staff at the Four Seasons arranged for some wonderful activities to keep us busy. We had options for cooking classes, massages, as well as fun in the game room, which is an experience in itself. We did choose a couples massage one of the days and I cannot even begin to tell you how incredible the 4 hand massage is. To have 2 therapists working in unison is one of the most incredibly relaxing and rewarding massage experiences I have had at ANY resort I have been to around the world.

Overall the experience was a memorable one and the entire staff felt like friends by the end of our stay. We look forward to going back in February.

A special thank you to Mohammed, Tara, Fabian for really making us feel like friends not just guests. See you soon

Room Tip: All rooms are incredible as it is not a huge property and all restaurants are easily accessable
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Txsgrl81
Thank you for taking the time to write this glowing tale of your honeymoon in Nevis. It was lovely to meet you and your husband in person during your stay and we were impressed at how patient and wonderfully spirited all of our guests were through some of the rainy days of Tropical Storm Rafael. It is having guests as classy, calm and good natured as you that makes all of our jobs at the Resort so much more rewarding and enjoyable On behalf of all of the staff, it was we who had the pleasure of your fine and warm and engaging company. Now, please go and make your Nevis honeymoon glow last as long as possible. We look forward to welcoming you "home" next year!

Warm regards,
Director of Public Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
The Mount Nevis Hotel
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Paradise Beach Nevis
Paradise Beach Nevis
#4 of 7 in Nevis

Been to Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies? Share your experiences!