“Off the hook...”

Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Absolute first class all the way. The staff is amazing, literally knowing what you need before you do... a rum drink upon check in, a cool lavendar soaked towel for your face by the pool, a smoothie sampler, crisp cucumbers or nuts to snack on? Why yes please! Many pool options at the resort and of course the beach right there. I never felt the presence of the other guests or the staff, it was as if we were there alone.

The food at the resort was amazing. We had breakfast at Neve each day; the Lobster hash at breakfast was unbelievably good although decadent for breakfast but what the hell, its vacation. We also dined at Mango, lunched at Cabana and had a more formal dinner one night at The Coral Grille, all delicious.

The rooms were beautifully decorated with that Tommy Bahama/Plantation style with big sliding shutters to the balcony, pale banana yellow walls, dark wood accents, huge marble bath.

The spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - well the spa was like another mini resort within the resort. It was so relaxing, I enjoyed a massage in a private cabana but then lounged around in the relaxation lounge, used the plunge pool. I also took advantage of the fitness center and walked the grounds a few times.

Definitely tops my list of all time favorite hotel/resorts!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank demodiva

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I am a meeting planner and travel quite a bit for work and fun. I went to experience the property ahead of an event, and truly enjoyed it. The boat ride from St. Kitts directly to the Four Seasons dock puts you in the mood for relaxation, and leaving any troubles behind. (Enjoy a rum punch on the way!) Once at the property, the friendly staff whisks you to your room, situated in separate buildings scattered throughout the grounds. The regular rooms are spacious, bright and decorated in a current, attractive style. Super comfy beds and linens, large elegant bathrooms. The grounds are lovely to walk through on your way to the main buildings. All food I had during my stay at the various restaurants on property was excellent. I loved getting away to Mango's especially. The spa is exceptional, and gorgeous, and I enjoyed one of the best massages I have ever had. My only recommendation to management, is to ban cell phone use at the spa. I really can't believe some guests would be so rude and inconsiderate to others during an upscale spa experience with their self important phone conversations for all to hear. Other than this, my stay and experience was perfect, and I fell in love with Nevis!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nukegirl
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We had five teenagers and two adults and we were all very happy with the accommodations. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. We were greeted with rum punch at the front desk and delicious snacks in our rooms. The kids had gummy bears, M&Ms and marshmallows while the adults had chocolate cakes.

The private Four Seasons shuttle from Nevis is much nicer than the public shuttlle but at $60 per person US, it should be! Children under 18 are complimentary.

The resort has a wonderful game room with a pool table, foosball and a bank of video game monitors. It was lovely.

Resort restaurants are limited and expensive. Neve is the only restaurant open for breakfast, the pool restaurant is the only one open for lunch and there is only one restaurant open for dinner. In June, the flies were everywhere at both the pool restaurant and Neve.

The beach is beautiful, as is the entire resort. The fitness center is spacious and well appointed. We did not use the tennis or golf facilities but they looked fabulous. Non-motorized water equipment is complimentary with an excellent selection. The staff is all wonderful.

Room Tip: Excess fees of $100 per rm daily
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KimABerry
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We booked this trip last minute - and by last minute I mean the day before. We just wanted to get away and relax and so my husband called the up and said "whats the best room for us and the baby with separate sleeping areas?". We were recommended to check out the villas and so we ended up booking a 2 bedroom villa with plunge pool.

When we pulled up to the dock at the Four Seasons it was like instant relaxation. We were led to our private villa by the villa manager and were pleased to hear we had been upgraded to a villa with a full private pool.

The villa was GREAT. It was like a nice 2 bedroom tropical house with high ceilings and a beautiful screened porch all the way around. And of course our own infinity pool overlooking the golf course and beachfront. They even provided a full size crib for the baby room with cute Winnie the Pooh bedding.

We were totally taken care of the entire stay. We ended up flying my mother and brother and his girlfriend out for 5 days of our trip too, so there were a lot of us to pamper. The concierges were wonderful - booking us a fabulous babysitter and greeting us every day and playing with the baby and just being top notch with service. We would highly recommend Sherry Berry if you need a babysitter, she is one of regulars for the resort, and with good cause as she is great with babies.

Loved the family pool and the care they took of you there, including a playcot for the baby. The flavoured water coming around all the time and the little treats were great.

What else?? The spa was great - we went back numerous times. We did a great tour of the island with a super guide booked by the concierge. We had a fabulous lunch at Golden Rock. We ate at all the restaurants and used room service a lot. We got great food from the villa provisioning service - which allowed us to cook some fab meals in our own place.

A couple negative points:

* front desk repeatedly tried to pre-authorize exorbitant amounts of money to not one but two of our credit cards, and lied about it. We had to complain to the president of the four seasons, but once we did the resort president was very apologetic and gave us free cabana usage for our troubles. I am sure this is not a normal occurance, but it was pretty annoying and totally stressed my husband out - with the point of the holiday being for him to de-stress.

* Two weeks means that we got pretty tired of the food. There is not tons of variety and it really started to show towards the end. Perhaps people usually stay less than two weeks in which case it might be more exciting, but seriously our last few days there I just didnt want anything on offer as I had eaten it all it was starting to taste very similar.

* Food and drink prices are pretty darn expensive. When you order room service breakfast and you sign a bill for over $150 you start to feel you are being overcharged... I realize they have to make their money somehow, and its not cheap to import everything, but it just sometimes feel things get a bit egregious.

Anyway, overall we had a simply fabulous time at the Four Season Nevis. The people of Nevis are so genuinely friendly and good and happy and it really shows with the staff here. We really started to feel like we were family by the end. The resort is lovely - if still a bit less lush than it was prior to the hurricane that wiped it out a few years back.

Favorite thing: my own 6 seater golf cart. I miss it now...

I think this is a great place for families to go. They really know how to take care of children and babies. And bring the whole family and get a villa...its actually a wonderful way to stay with a large group and still have a luxury hotel experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Amazing property. The staff is so helpful and courteous, friendly but unobtrusive. The food was terrific and the property immaculate. The golf course was pristine and the views were breathtaking. We even had monkeys run across the course while we were playing! The spa was exceptional and kudos to Sarah for the best facial ever and to Marsha for a fabulous manicure! Phoebe was very helpful and I feel terrible but I cannot remember the name of the lovely lady who runs the Pro Shop; she was terrific too! It was a beautiful and relaxing vacation and I will be back!

Room Tip: Nearly all of the rooms are ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2011

One of the best days ever happened for me in Nevis. I woke up to sunny skies and a beautiful view of the Carri bean Sea. I had a great breakfast of coconut yogurt and fresh mangoes. I got picked up in a van to take me to Scuba Nevis and within the hour I was underwater diving the Christine Ferry wreck. There were 4 other divers on the boat and Ellis the owner of Scuba Nevis was my dive buddy. He showed us a nurse shark, lobsters, spotted eagle rays and lots of other interesting things. Our 2nd dive was a reef a 5 minute boat ride away. The service was fantastic at Scuba Nevis and the diving met my needs. I was back at the resort by 12:30 p.m. so I could eat a light lunch at the spa before my Jet Lag facial. The Jet Lag by Sara was awesome. You get a facial, plus a massage of your legs and arms and neck. A beautiful sunset and lovely lobster dinner at Mango's with my husband finished one of the best days ever.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room the balconies are larger
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wbuzzard
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I escaped for 6 days away from the kids.
It was honestly one of our best vacations to date. The resort is gorgeous and our ocean front room did not disappoint. The entire staff helped make our stay perfect. Everyone from the Pro shop to the cabana waiter (Sylvester) was wonderful.
We are already planning our return trip!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paisleypepper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
The Mount Nevis Hotel
#4 of 7 in Nevis
Oualie Beach Resort
Oualie Beach Resort
#3 of 3 in New Castle

Been to Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies? Share your experiences!