Highly recommended. We spent a wonderful week at Montpelier Plantation in January of 2013. Incredible experience and we would go back in a heartbeat. Like almost all the resorts on Nevis this little dose of heaven is a converted sugar plantation with bungalow style rooms located high (690') up the hillside. The southerly views of the foliage and the sea are stunning. The feel is very intimate and serene. The attentive staff, who easily outnumber the rooms, were excellent across the board - friendly, genuine, and very good at their respective jobs.
The bars open when a guest arrives and close when the last one leaves. Each of the three restaurants has a unique feel, and the dining and all of them was excellent. I do not know how they accomplish this with a resort that has fewer than 35 guests at full capacity, but I am grateful for it.
The plantation's beach property is about 10 minutes away by car, and is lovely in its own right. We enjoyed a couple of afternoons there and also enjoyed exploring the other beaches on Nevis, most of which we had to ourselves.
Nevis is a very vertical island, and the foiliage is impressive. We really enjoyed the hike up Saddle Hill, and also took another hike inland into the rain forest that was good for a sweat but limited on scenery. We opted out, but one can hire a guide to hike to the peak of Mt. Nevis, which is a half day adventure at least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montpelier Plantation & Beach is an elegant hideaway in the heart of the Caribbean. Nevis is an unspoiled island with stunning natural beauty. Only 6 miles from the beach, the hotel is idyllically situated 750 feet above the Caribbean Sea in the foothills of Nevis Peak. Surrounded by 60 acres of lush tropical gardens and built around one of the island’s original 18th century sugar plantations, this charming getaway is delightfully secluded. Carefully designed to let the fresh sea air and tranquility connect you to a simpler way of life. This unique getaway proudly offers Relais & Chateaux hospitality including fine wine and food with wellness that is both active and relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Montpelier Plantation & Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montpelier Plantation & Beach Hotel Charlestown
- Montpelier Plantation And Beach
- Montpelier Plantation Hotel
- Hotel Montpelier Plantation
- Montpelier Plantation & Beach Nevis/Charlestown