A truly magnificent setting that has been undergoing renovations in the past few years. The grounds and restaurant area have been the focus though. The rooms haven't been significantly upgraded. They're nice but not high-end luxury like Four Seasons, etc. However, it's such a stunning property and the garden and restaurant area renovations are so magnificent it more than makes up for the casual nature of the accommodations. The innkeeper Peter works his butt off making everyone comfortable and informed. The new owners are pouring lots of love and energy into the place and it has become a major destination for Nevis visitors. The restaurant is superb. We had our honeymoon meal right out in the middle. It was the most romantic and touching thing about our whole holiday. We would return in a heartbeat. Nevis is a relatively untouched island with a charm all it's own. Golden Rock seems to be trying to maintain that. One downside is that there is no air conditioning (at least not in our bungalow). I don't think this is a problem for a lot of people and there are breezes generally. But just an FYI.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gentle trade winds and dramatic Caribbean vistas set the stage for a visit to Golden Rock Inn. A former sugar estate dating back to the early 1800's, the property has been thoughtfully restored through the eyes of New York artists Helen and Brice Marden. Set on 100 acres stretching up the slopes of Nevis Peak, this boutique property has eleven guest rooms and private cottages, including the unique Sugar Mill Suite. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens designed by the owners with Miami landscape architect Raymond Jungles, the inn is an escape embraced with birds' songs and the rustling of bamboo. Guest rooms have either king or twin beds, which can be joined together to create a king. The unique Sugar Mill Suite has an oversized king bed upstairs, with full bath, and 2 twins downstairs with full bath. This accomodation is suitable for 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Golden Rock Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Rock Plantation Hotel Charlestown
- Golden Rock Inn Nevis/Charlestown