“Discerning lunch goers”

Oasis in the Gardens Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Charlestown
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An Asian-themed restaurant serving full menu of authentic Thai cuisine and cocktails and beverages made from fruits and natural ingredients grown inside the Botanical Gardens. Open for Lunch Daily. Open for Dinner on Fridays, Group Reservations Accepted Other Days. Available for Parties and Special Events
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a delightful find - the food is authentic and beautifully presented. The quality is better than mostThai restaurants in London, including Thai Square which pales in comparison. The Pad Thai is the best I have ever tasted. The views are stunning, overlooking the botanical gardens of Nevis and the ocean beyond. it is a perfect lunchtime experience. probably my favourite lunchtime venue in Nevis.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Try the weekly Happy Hour from 5 until 6 pm M-F. Best on the Island. Locals and visitors alike congregate and watch the sun go down.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Make sure when you order that you ask what comes with the main dish and what you are being charged extra for. The wiater made it look like I was getting rice included as part of the meal, but when I got the bill I found out the rice was 20 (in their money) extra. Always ask.

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Boy this is tough, but this is a restaurant, not a property review. The grounds are quite beautiful even though they hadn’t had rain for a while when I was there. They obviously work very hard at keeping the place up and everyone on the property is so nice. The view from the main building where the restaurant is potentially spectacular, but is thwarted by two homes directly in the way…still great mountain views though. The shop is lovely and a nice break from everything else you’ll see on Nevis. The restaurant its self is charming…bathrooms are well maintained…nice property. This is a restaurant review though and I was expecting more from reading the reviews. I ate with someone people that live here so we had a number of items and shared it all. first of all the service was EASILY the best I’ve seen on the island…it wasn’t busy so I guess it should have been, but they put the hotels to shame! It tasted like they had maybe three sauces back in the kitchen and just changed the meats to make up the sizable number of menu choices. The sauces were okay, but not great. They could use a professional chef…I didn’t see one walking around and that seems to be a problem with almost every restaurant outside of a hotel here on Nevis. I can tell the food lacked the professional touch of a chef. It wasn’t bad, but when expectations are high and then not met it’s very disappointing! Portions are small so if you aren’t careful choosing things the bill will surprise you. If you just go down the menu and select “one of these, one of those, and one of these” you’re going to get hit! I can see that a light lunch would be reasonable though. A charming place to come and have a bottle of rose in the afternoon, but eat lunch before you come! or lower your expectations and come for the ambiance not the food! Two stars because the service was spectacular and everyone was SO nice, but the expectations and the food really warrant a one star rating.

2  Thank Larry S
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Having lived in Thailand for many years I am always skeptical about Thai restaurants outside of the Kingdom being much good. When I heard that Oasis in the Gardens Restaurant had a Thai chef who grew his own herbs in the Botanical Gardens, I had to check it out. And I was not disappointed. I ate dinner there twice and both starters and mains were infused with the undeniable taste of Thailand. What a great treat to be able to enjoy authentic Thai food while on a short trip to the Caribbean. I wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy more of what the very friendly and professional staff had to offer.

1  Thank Bonnie S