“Probably Our Best Caribbean Experience Ever!”

Nevis Yacht Private Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you want the perfect day’s sailing in the clear blue, warm, waters of the Caribbean, you have come to the right place. Our crewed yacht charter, based on the island of Nevis, is the best way to see the twin island federation of St Kitts and Nevis. No crowded catamarans, no flippers in the face, just a perfect day’s sailing in your own chartered yacht with up to eight of your family or friends.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I booked an afternoon on the Feisty for my family of six (6) at the suggestion of Liz Pereira of Pereira Day Tours, St. Kitts, with whom I started communicating about things to do in St. Kitts several months before our planned December, 2013 trip. Initially I was a bit on the fence because one of my daughters gets a bit nervous on boats and doesn't particularly like swimming or snorkeling. However, the pictures of the boat looked beautiful, and large enough to ease my daughter's usual concerns so I decided to go for it. Boy am I thrilled that I did! What a great afternoon. Captain Miles was scheduled to pick us up at Reggae Beach at 2:00 p.m. so we arrived a bit early and had a great lunch at Reggae Beach. We watched the Feisty come into the harbor right on scheduled as we were finishing up. The kids headed over to the dock while I settled up for lunch. Captain Miles and First Mate Alvin arrived at the dock on the dingy and took 3 of our party out to the yacht. By the time they were back to the dock the rest of our party was ready to go. We were on the yacht in less than a minute and the fun began. Captain Miles gave us a quick orientation and safety chat, while Alvin grabbed adult beverages for those old enough and sodas for those who weren't. We sailed out of the harbor and around the corner of St. Kitts, to a wreck were we stopped to snorkel. Captain Miles, a marine biologist and diver, led the tour and kept our 9 year old captivated with what he was pointing out and diving down to show her and the rest of us. Even my daughter who is a bit nervous with swimming and snorkeling joined the fun, later admitting that while she was a bit nervous - "it was really cool." I'm not sure how long we snorkeled, but it was a good long time and everyone had their fill. Back on the boat - it was time to sail. Captain Miles let the wind do its magic. He took us across to Nevis, where we then sailed along the coast. It was very windy, so Miles was able to get the boat moving using only the jib. It was great fun - the family spreading around the boat; moving through the water; wind in your hair; sea on lips; good music playing. Miles and Alvin were great fun and tremendous hosts. Oh, forgot to mention that they had a fishing line in trolling whenever we were moving and we actually caught three fish, one of which was a keeper. Just a bit of added fun. We have done a lot of cool things as we have traveled through the Caribbean over the years, including a helicopter ride from Antigua over the volcano on Montserrat; parasailing in St. Thomas; and swimming with the sharks in Punta Cana. Everyone agreed that spending an afternoon on the Feisty was better than all of those, and was probably the coolest thing we have ever done in the Caribbean. If you have the chance, do it!

2  Thank cjbesq
"spend an afternoon"
"hour tour"
"oualie beach"

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We thouroughly enjoyed our private day of sea, sand, and snorkeling on the boat ably crewed by Captain Miles and Elvin. Miles, with marine biology training and about 10 years of experience in St. Kitts and Nevis is an expert captain and also knows the ocean, marine creatures, and local culture and history very well. Spending the day just our family was so much more relaxing, enjoyable, and informative than being crammed on a large, raucous catamaran. After departing from Reggae Beach, we had a sail over to Shitten Bay for a long morning snorkel, during which Miles joined us in the water and pointed out many interesting sea creatures and explained a bit about each. We were able to explore on our own, at our own pace. We sailed over to Nevis for lunch at a restaurant on the beach, joined by Miles and Elvin for more enjoyable conversation about the area. After lunch, we sailed over to Major's Bay for more snorkeling. On the boat, we had ample refreshments, room to move around, and much relaxation. This was our best day in St. Kitts -- in a week that had all sorts of terrific activities. We highly, highly recommend this day out with Captain Miles and Elvin on Nevis Yacht Charters.

2  Thank BKinIthacaNY
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Miles and his First Mate Alvin provided my family of 7 with the most memorable day of our extraordinary Caribbean vacation. We arrived via cruise ship on St. Kitts and easily found Miles waiting for us in the marina directly adjacent to the cruise terminal. We were welcomed aboard the Feisty with drinks and smiles and soon set sail.

Miles took us to a fantastic snorkeling site and joined us in the water in order to point out the more hard-to-find and beautiful species including turtles and eels. There was also a shipwreck to explore and plain old sun and relaxation for those of us not interested in getting into the water. After our underwater adventure we journeyed to Nevis where we were ferried ashore for a great beach bar lunch. With full bellies we set sail back for St. Kitts and our ship. Having to leave the boat and end our adventure was the worst part of the day.

Communicating via email back and forth with Miles was easy and he was extremely accommodating of our schedule and itinerary requests. He and Alvin were wonderful company and the experience was the highlight of our trip.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

A "must do" if you're visiting Nevis!
My wife and I just recently returned home from a week long vacation in Nevis and this was easily the highlight of our trip!
Captain Miles was an amazing host who showed us parts of the islands that we would never have seen otherwise.
The seas got a little rough towards the end of our tour, but together Miles and Elvin sailed the ship like a well oiled machine and it only served to make the trip that much more memorable.
The original day that we booked the charter the weather was not ideal, so Miles contacted me to see if we would like to postponed until the following day when the skies clear. I really appreciated this level of attention and consideration and it proves that he loves what he does and cares about the experience his guest have.

I would absolutely do it again the next time I'm in Nevis and I cannot recommend it enough to anyone looking to truly enjoy and understand the islands.

Thank you Captain Miles and Elvin for a great experience!

2  Thank JeffP82
See more reviews
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We've been on 15 cruises and tried a little bit of everything. This day was FANTASTIC. Miles and Elvin were FABULOUS. Communication beforehand with Miles was fast, courteous and accommodating (switching time of sail due to time in port).

We easily walked to the dock and Miles was bringing the boat in. We (8 of us, 4 adults and 4 teens) boarded and he went through the safety stuff quickly and toured us around the boat. We headed out. It was a glorious day and we put the sail up pretty quickly. We stopped to snorkel and Elvin was great pointing out things and bringing things up for everyone to see. Miles had put together a quick snack when we re-boarded and we headed over to Nevis.

We went to lunch at Oualie Beach Resort and the food was great (we chose this option and paying for ourselves versus having him supply lunch). After a nice lunch we headed back and sailed the ENTIRE way back to St. Kitts, arriving promptly at our agreed upon time. There were sodas and rum punch both directions on the sailboat and a general willingness to please by both Miles and Elvin. We learned a bit about the two islands and cannot wait to return again.

This was an exceptional excursion. I would go back and re-book in a heartbeat!

2  Thank Masonpips