“Wish I'd been staying here!”
Review of The Rocks

The Rocks
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Nevis
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Nairobi, Kenya
“Wish I'd been staying here!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I had breakfast on the last day of my trip to Nevis and so wish I had discovered this beautiful spot sooner...I would have loved to try lunch and dinner, too - or better yet, to have stayed on the amazing plantation!

Breakfast at The Rocks was delicious - I had the eggs benny which were cooked to perfection, but I would have to recommend the divine lemon souffle pancakes that my friend ordered. Yum. Along with our orders, individual pots of coffee, fresh-squeezed OJ and a bowl of fruit salad were included, making it quite good value. We topped it off with mango mimosas which seemed to be called for in such lush, luxurious surroundings.

Service was flawless and very friendly. After breakfast, we were encouraged to explore the resort grounds which has enough different trees and flowers to rival the Botanical Gardens plus all the historic structures of the plantation that dates back to the early 19th century. Since it was unoccupied, a staff member let us in to see the two-story guest room built into an old stone sugar mill where I so wished I had spent my 10 nights on Nevis. We were also invited to stay and use the fresh water pool in the middle of the inn's garden rooms - so a meal at The Rocks could easily turn into a half-day excursion...which it should. Take your time and enjoy!

*There is no weekend brunch as such, but they do breakfast daily.

• Visited May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Simsbury, Connecticut
“Don't Miss It!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I can't speak to dinner here, but the place is a must-see for lunch! The surroundings are beautiful and unnique, and the food is casual and excellent! We heard quite a bit about the burgers, and it is very good (comes with goat chesse ) The stand-out for us was the coconut creme brule for desert. Very memorable.

1 Thank chessie333
Norman, Oklahoma
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

On our visit to Nevis we had the joy of seeing this restaurant in a most beautiful location. The grounds were worth the visit. We enjoyed our lunch,the food and the service very good.
One of us had the lobster sandwich and the other snapper--both did not disapoint.

• Visited May 2012
Miami Beach
“Can not be any better”
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

My favorite spot in the entire Caribbean. The food is perfect. The view is perfect. The drinks are perfect. The service is perfect.

Cincinnati, OH
“Good food...would return for the scenery alone”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Our meals were good/ok. Fish was a bit overdone, would give the food a 6 out of 10. The surroundings, however, were breathtaking. The most visually stunning restaurant I have ever experienced. Service was also excellent. Would dine there again for the view alone, and based upon other reviews of the food hope for better!

• Visited April 2012