“Perfect Romantic Experience!!”

Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Nevis
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on pristine beachfront with uncluttered and spectacular views of St. Kitts. Open daily for lunch and dinner 12pm-9pm. Located only minutes from the Four Seasons. Certified Black Angus Steaks, fresh lobster, fresh seafood and pasta and thin crust pizza oven using only the highest quality tomatoes for our sauce and toppings. Enjoy an extensive selection of wines by the glass or by the bottle and specialty drinks and cocktails always available. Relax in comfortable beach lounge chairs with umbrellas available daily. You'll find our friendly and attentive staff eager to serve you.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I have taken two trips to visit the beautiful island of Nevis. We visited the beach next to the Yachtsman grill. After it was recommended to us the first time by some other couples, we gave it a shot and were blown away by the rich flavors and fresh local ingredients. We returned on our second getaway and were welcomed back by name. We can't wait for our next island escape to Nevis.

EvelynYachtsman, Owner at Yachtsman Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for your kind words! Your experience is exactly why we are opening a new, bigger and nicer facility just a stone's throw from our current location. We'll be eager to hear what you think of it.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Ok: what can be said about the Yachtsman, that Has not already been said about the HMS Titanic. Tragic. If you have three hours to wait around for sub-par food, and service that makes you want to rip off a servers arm and beat them to death with it, then I suggest you go and waste your time and money. I ate their twice. The second time i was eating at the "all you can eat fish fry"--it took them two hours to get me and my party some food. When we asked for seconds, the serving staff looked at us like we were crazy, then mumbled something about the kitchen being closed. It took them close to an hour to get drinking water to all the members of my party. The owner Insulted one of my friends for not ordering enough food, and when we tried to split the check, the staff again rolled their eyes and looked at us like we were from Mars. We were treated more as an inconvenience than a paying customer. The food, well i"ve eaten better food from any fast food restaurant in the states. I mean its like Chili's, only way worse. On my second visit, i got so frustrated, i got up, walked across the street to Indian summer, ordered my food, waited there, got my food, put it in my car, and came back and sat down, and lo and behold, my food was still not ready. This place tests your patience. You are better off going out into the ocean in a canoe and fishing, bringing home your catch, cleaning it, and frying it yourself, than eating here. To sum up. Food sucks, service is terrilbe, and if you order your food at 600pm, you will be lucky if you are served by 830pm.

1  Thank Gaaary

As always we apologize for a less than average experience. Perhaps this response will help clarify some of the situations at YG. We are sometimes frequented by medical university students who are always welcome (most are very polite and i like them to feel 'at home' in our restaurant as they are all working very hard and far from the comforts of their homes). However, some groups come in without reservations, add people as the night goes on, move around in their seats and can be difficult for our staff to keep track of. Even when we ask them to follow our guidelines of no splitting checks for groups larger than 8, it just does't happen. We have a manual system (as do most restaurants on our little island due to many power outages and other issues) so of course, tallying up separate checks takes a long time! In addition, many students come for fish fry, eating 4-5 helpings (which is fine, of course, however no drinks are ordered - water only, for example) exacerbating the situation with our staff (all local, who, in their culture, see this as an insult). Yes, when Greg 'teased' one of your guests about not ordering enough drinks, it was a way to help everyone understand the situation. I was there the night you went across the street to Indian Summer for your food - yes, we were super busy, most people didn't have a reservation and were happy to wait, as everyone agrees the food is excellent and a great value. When your order was ready you were nowhere to be found (this is among a large group at your table, many who move around, again,making it difficult for our waitstaff to keep track of everyone (plus all needing individual bills). Everyone on the island knows that medical students are not welcome in several establishments, all for the reasons listed. We continue to welcome them but ask everyone to understand that we are small and popular place.....and sometimes there is a wait. Rude service is never to be tolerated, of course, but our local staff feel often feel patronized by medical students who don't always understand the local culture. I sincerely hope, if you decide to come back, that your experience is better next time.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Found this place by mistake and what a yummy mistake it was! Went on a Sunday night and everything else was closed. This place was open and we wandered around until we found the restaurant on the beach. Sat with our toes in the sand and ate dinner to candle light and the sounds of crashing waves. Had the ribeye and the lobster mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was my favorite meal of the entire trip. It had huge chunks of lobster mixed in with bow tie pasta and creamy cheese sauce. Delicious! My compliments to the chef!

Greg thanks you for loving his lobster mac'n cheese recipe!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

And make sure that you try the lime smoothies!

This was a real treat to come upon on the shore. The hostess/waitress was very welcoming. And the blackened snapper sandwich was excellent.

EvelynYachtsman, Owner at Yachtsman Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I'm glad you found us! The lime smoothie you had is made from fresh limes and lemons - glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for posting about your experience.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I went to this place, all it does it to attract drunk students - their PR is Medical students come for a cheap beer and they old are drunk and loud. Talking about food, like an advanced McDonalds, who goes to an island to eat McDonalds? Food is not worth it what so ever, (it is a rip-off) also service is SUPER slow let's say they go beyond taking their time. Looking for a fun place and great food go to Golden Rock, Indian Summer, Banana etc.

2  Thank Cary S

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad time at YG. It sounds like perhaps you came in on a Tuesday when we do cater to medical students by offering unheard of low prices - $5 for a generous portion taco and a beer! The fish is freshly breaded and fried to order. Locals and tourists also enjoy 'Taco Tuesday' making for a fun-filled atmosphere. On occasion some of our guests (even including the tourists who stay at the hotel on premises) get a little noisy - they are having fun - most are Americans craving American food. On Friday's we serve all-you-can-eat fish 'n chips for only $20usd - our British guests have said that they're better than home! Perhaps you would give us another try on a different night - our local chefs are always prepared to serve our fish 'local' style - just ask! 869-469-1382