“Deserves a much higher ranking!”
Review of Coconut Grove

Coconut Grove
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Nevis
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beach side restaurant built in a large Tiki hut with tropical decor, high end cuisine and the only wine cellar on the island. The views of St Kitts and the Caribbean sea as well as the building are exceptional with a relaxed feeling while the food and wine are superior. This is not a beach bar but a high end restaurant on the beach. Added 6/18/2017 at the suggestion of guests...early and late season we tend to close on Saturdays, reservations or calling to confirm hours is advised.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner here in mid march. After dining at several places on the island it gets my highest ranking. Not sure why they are not in the top three. Hopefully they will move up the list and get the attention and respect that they deserve.

The thatched roof structure and warm evening breezes set the tone perfectly for a truly great dining experience. We arrived on time but asked to change our reservation and be seated with a family who we had shared a taxi from our hotel. Double the table size on a busy night.... not a problem! The host/manager/owner (?) never even broke a sweat. Service was gracious, food well timed, and everyone was truly professional. The menu was varied and food was excellent. We were among the last guests to leave and never felt rushed. The staff are clearly interested in making sure guests have a great experience!

If you are staying at the Four Seasons I believe that the Coconut Grove is a great alternative to the hotels dining rooms.

Hope you get a chance to enjoy this fantastic space!

2  Thank JP3CHICAGO

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The location is just something magical, the great food and friendly service made ​​the wonderful evening memorable.the best place for a sunset coktail,very fresh fish and the lobster was perfect,one of most amazing wine list and wine cellar I've ever seen .definitely the BEST restaurant on the island.thanks go everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love this place!!! Here's why...those nighttime tropical breezes; the always present sense of "vacation"; the reward of luxury...and a menu that is nothing like what I enjoy back home. The chef has his special dishes (I recommend the beef bourguignon). The waitstaff are friendly and efficient. I also find the maitre d'/owner to be friendly and fun with an excellent knowledge of wines in all price ranges. Whenever I travel to Nevis, Coconut Grove is a must for me.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A couple we met at the Four Seasons talked us into going to a place called Bananas instead of Coconut Grove early in our visit to Nevis. What a mistake! Bananas was mediocre from start to finish. We saw the couple that night at Bananas and they were ecstatic about their experience. What could one do but agree and smile. We went to Coconut Grove two nights later, what a difference! Coconut Grove is easily the busiest restaurant on Nevis outside of the Four Seasons and with good reason! The outrageous thatched roof building is right on the beach with a view of St Kitts and the sun sets right in front of the restaurant. The view of St Kitts from Mango’s at the Four Seasons is better, but that’s the only thing that’s better there!

If you drink wine please don’t go anywhere else. There are a few decent bottles at the Four Seasons, but for a wine drinker that wants a real selection of wines stored in a temperature controlled wine cellar that you can actually go have a look at, there’s no place else on the island that even comes close to Coconut Grove, don’t even bother looking! If we’d just gotten the same food we had at Bananas I’d have left Coconut Grove with a smile on my face, but the food was just as good as the wine! After we ordered they brought a plate of amuse bouche that blew away other restaurant’s attempts at same! They served an outstanding fried vegetable fritter, a Chinese eggplant, and a watermelon gazpacho of all things; all were a delicious and imaginative extra effort right at the start of the meal…it was a harbinger of things to come! After that we had a sesame tuna plate with both sliced and tartar on a seaweed salad, followed by homemade pasta in a simple fresh tomato sauce, and a lobster bisque, then a simple grilled fish and a creole seafood stew, and a chocolate soufflé for dessert; it all was fabulous! We sat there for over two hours, got up for a walk and to see the wine cellar with the owner during dinner, just a wonderfully unrushed evening…what we came to Nevis for!

I’m not the type of person to leave a bad review, so I won’t, but one really has to question why Bananas is number 2 and Coconut Grove is 11 for Nevis on trip advisor. That is utter nonsense! I would go to Bananas again, sure, it’s not bad, but they aren’t as good as they think they are as one reviewer put it. Go there for a fast meal not to dine and eating out on Nevis isn’t cheap anywhere, that’s just a fact…so why not dine! If you’re a “foodie” do yourself a favor and try Coconut Grove and don’t let people steer you somewhere else!

5  Thank Michael W
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was wonderful ambiance - a thatched hut with high ceilings. The fish we ordered was brought in only hours ago and the table next to us was so excited to show us a picture of it since they took one as the fisherman carried it inside. The chef is a dietician and understand different food requirements. No problem with vegans. He created dishes and desserts on the fly that were unbelievable for my daughter who is not only vegan but no wheat. He was a cook with a magic wand.
The wine cellar is amazing. The owner studied wines and is very, very knowledgable. Most accommodating chef I have ever seen. You will not be disappointed. Service was great as well.

7  Thank flowercountry2