“good food, great setting and incredible view”
Review of Bananas

Bananas
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Nevis
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated on the edge of the Rainforest Bananas is casual fun dining in a magical setting. We take our food very seriously but it is good home cooking prepared by hard working local ladies, not fancy or Gourmet.. However our menu is very creative and we use only fresh ingredients and where possible free range organic produce and meats. We have Magnificent Sunset views from our Firefly lounge and a superb selection of cocktails and old rums and a small selection of cuban Cigars.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It's worth the taxi ride up the mountain. The setting in their gardens is gorgeous, a cute little house kind of arrangement with wrap around veranda and roof top deck with views that go for miles.

The food is great and the service is very warm and friendly. Certainly worthy of the shortlist for placed to eat while on Nevis.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just spent a lovely afternoon at Bananas. Great food and service and sooooo relaxing. Flexible menu choices keeps thing simple. Love the new roof terrace. Thanks guys!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Living on Nevis, I have tried them all. Bananas is a favorite and should not be missed if you are a visitor. Gillian the owner, keeps it all together , food, ambiance and charm. Her staff always friendly, efficient and eager to please. The menu has the most creative choices using fresh local items or imported meats that are free of hormones and additives as Gillian is careful to select humanely raised chicken and beef. The desserts are to die for. Great bar, a new upstairs deck and dining is on a wrap around veranda. Up in the hills of Hamilton yet only 10 minutes from Town. This is my choice for a special meal in a beautifully kept garden. Do wander the little shop in the chattel house, filled with art, jewelry and the unusual. I give it five stars -as it is consistantly a pleasant experience.

1  Thank UpDeHill
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Fun location with wonderful food. Certainly deserving of their top-rated status on Nevis. Service was slowed by the presence of a large group. That really was not a problem for us, but the hostess and waiter insisted that our desserts/drinks be "on the house"! Very attentive to us the entire night. Food was nicely presented and very tasty. Definitely worth the drive!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our taxi driver, Champ, suggested Bananas when our initial plans fell through. Thank goodness!

Ambiance - the restaurant is a bit up in the mountains and mostly open-air. It's comfortable and classy in a weird way. Lots of art on the walls (for sale as well). The host took us up to the rooftop, where they're building a deck. The view was gorgeous and I def want to go back and check it out.

Service - best I've experienced in st Kitts and Nevis! The host was personable and gracious, I felt like I was visiting his house and he'd been waiting for me all day. After the tour upstairs, he sat us inside on a couch type chair where we ordered drinks. After getting half way through our drinks, I asked how long the wait was for our table. There was no wait, he just wanted us to feel comfortable and not rushed. How nice!
The waitresses were attentive and helpful. Always close by with a smile.

Food: I got the grilled snapper with mashed potatoes instead of rice and carmelised sweet potatoes. He got the guava BBQ ribs with mashed yams (closer the white potatoes than sweet). Fish was delicious, perfectly seasoned and grilled. Everything on my plate was enjoyable. The ribs were too saucy and the sauce was cold, though the ribs were hot, so that was a disappointment. Everything else was great though. We were sadly too full for dessert. Great reason to go back!

Drinks: I had the passion fruit and champagne and the mister had the Bertini, their signature drink, also made with passion fruit. Both were delicious.

Highly recommend!