“Bananas we saved the best for last.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bananas

Bananas
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Nevis
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated on the edge of the Rainforest Bananas is casual fun dining in a magical setting. We take our food very seriously but it is good home cooking prepared by hard working local ladies, not fancy or Gourmet.. However our menu is very creative and we use only fresh ingredients and where possible free range organic produce and meats. We have Magnificent Sunset views from our Firefly lounge and a superb selection of cocktails and old rums and a small selection of cuban Cigars.
“Bananas we saved the best for last.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Loved the food, loved the atmosphere and the music was great, as well. Greeted by the friendliest dog, Jodi, after walking in. Made us miss our dogs back in the states. The staff was wonderful and extremely attentive. Our daughter is eight and felt right at home. They made her feel equally as important as any other guest. Too bad we waited until the final day before we tried it.

Can't wait till the next trip later this spring!

Cornwall, UK
“A great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I'm so glad that we decided to visit Bananas Bistro! There's a certain feeling of being intrepid as you steer the hire car along the track, following the helpful and encouraging signs along the way! But how worth it when you arrive as you follow the beautifully lit pathway up to this welcoming and very attractive terraced restaurant in the hills! The staff were beautifully dressed, the service attentive and the food was the best we've had on Nevis. There were so many other excellent things about Bananas but suffice to say, the ambience overall scores 10 out 10. We will try very hard to fit another visit in before we leave Nevis!

• Visited February 2013
gstringgourmet, Manager at Bananas, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you very much for the taking the time to review our restaurant...we hope you find the time to come back!! Gillian
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Restaurant on the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Please visit this restaurant! From someone who has been visiting Nevis for 20 years, it is definitely the best option. The food is outstanding and the service is warm and friendly and very attentive. The ambiance is beautiful, and I love the little art gallery. The owner, Gillian, came out and personally welcomed us- she is wonderful and obviously very involved with everything that is going on here. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“The taste of nevis starter was amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

The taste of nevis starter for two is definitely not to be missed, especially the conch dish. The wines were very nice, as were the cocktails, the cocktails were a bit too nice, i had two! good red wine selection, good fish selection, my partner had steak which he really enjoyed, i lobster tail which was lovely but definitely by far the best part was the nevis platter. The staff were friendly, bit more expensive then other restaurants on Nevis but you are on holiday and the nevis platter is definitely worth it! Was very relaxing and the lovely little friendly dog is so sweet, made me miss our dog!

Great location lovely gardens, although you may need a local taxi driver to find it, or a map!

gstringgourmet, Owner at Bananas, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your review of our restaurant, it is remiss of me to reply to just the negative ones!
I am so happy that you and also many others like our Nevis Meze platter ...local food is not that scary but names like "goat water" and "Salt fish" don't exactly encourage people to try them!
Again thank you so much for dining with us , i am glad you enjoyed Jodie, she has been adopted and is going to the Uk in a few weeks, I will miss her sorely but i have many othere , rescued just like her. to keep me company!!
London, United Kingdom
“Poor service, pretentious, overrated!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Not child friendly at all, no menu for kids.They have 4 massive dogs roaming around the restaurant as you eat which is off putting which also bark at you as you enter. This scared my baby and made her scream. No one apologised for this, instead the waitress told me to calm down and said I was still hormonal! How patronising! They put us in a corner with no view.Since she already knew I was upset, the owner avoided us but managed to socialise with the other diners, how pretentious!! The food is so average considering the price, you can get just as good in the local diners! Go to Golden Rock instead better food and experience.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank alisonsherlock
gstringgourmet, Owner at Bananas, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Unfair, and untrue. I do not even remember you ...i always go to everyones table at least twice. I do not own 4 massive dogs...you are grossly over exaggerating. and Four dogs do not run around the restaurant making babies scream. We are very child friendly..we have toys , crayons, and we cook pasta, chicken nuggets and fish nuggets amongst other things. Jodie my restaurant dog is about 12 inches high , she does run around when she is not contained which is the majority of the evening.
It is our customers who rate us, not ourselves. we serve home cooking (not gourmet or remotely prententious), it is freshly orepared and I believe our service and hospitality IS the best on the Island...there..i have said it. No one ever leaves this place feeling ripped off or ignored, if we can help it.. I am not even upset by your review because i know it does not represent the reality. sorry. Its hard to be polite to you when this is obviously some kind of hatchet job,