“Island Food Never Taste So Good!!!”
Review of Bananas

Bananas
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Nevis
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on the edge of the Rainforest Bananas is casual fun dining in a magical setting. We take our food very seriously but it is good home cooking prepared by hard working local ladies, not fancy or Gourmet.. However our menu is very creative and we use only fresh ingredients and where possible free range organic produce and meats. We have Magnificent Sunset views from our Firefly lounge and a superb selection of cocktails and old rums and a small selection of cuban Cigars.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

April 2012 My first trip to the Island of Nevis, stuck at the Four seasons and their rather boring menu, I decided to venture out to the Banana Bistro.
Best Food I had my entire Vacation!!!
The romantic ambiance and friendly staff kept me their longer than I intended. For art lovers there is a lovely art gallery and giftshop on the property featuring local art, you have to check it out.

xoxo
iruhs.com

There are newer reviews for Bananas

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a romantic dinner on the "porch" and was very impressed with the level of service AND food. From the taxi ride up the hill :-), to the "trail guides" with their flashlights to assist us in finding the restaurant, the staff was wonderful. My Crown on the rocks was a GREAT pour! (My wife was glad that we took a taxi there) and our food was cooked and presented perfectly. I understand that you have problems with the credit card machines and I would recommend having contigincy plan for your customers (Go old school with the old style imprint machines that you could use when they are down). Keep up the good work and next time we make it down to the Four Seasons (Which was 5 Stars), we definatley will be dining with you again.

1  Thank Ron S
Reviewed August 11, 2012

You'll drive down a dirt road for what seems like forever to get to this charming, boho chic restaurant surrounded by candlelight. It was magical. Settle in at the bar and let them tell you what their specials are. You won't be disappointed. The wine list is adequate for a Caribbean island, and the food, oh my, the food! Fresh, beautiful, with local island flair...if I wasn't in public I would have licked the plate!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had dinner the other night with a group of 8 people. The ambiance was excellent and the cocktail service. The food was good but a bit pricey for what they offer. The only negative you should take care of is that when the credit card machine is not working in advance and you are aware of that you have to let the people know before they order dinner. Not all of the people going out with 100 dollars cash. From the 8 of us only 2 had cash.
Overall experience good

2  Thank Nikolaos82
gstringgourmet, Owner at Bananas, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

First of all, thank you visiting Bananas , and we are glad your experience on the whole was appositive one. Concerning the credit card machine, due to all the rain our phone line was down and as often is the case in Nevis it did take a while for the telephone people to fix.

You are right that we should have warned you before your meal...and we will in the future do that. However , we do not insist that people pay cash, as we are well aware that you probably do not carry cash on you. most of our guests either left us their card details, or called us later with them so we could process their card at a later date when our phone was on.....Also due to the fact that you were with a regular and well liked customer of ours it would not have been any issue at all had you not been able to pay....

I am sorry that because of this you gave our service a low rating. I have been away almost all of the summer and I am incredible proud of my staff and the service that they give...They truly do do a brilliant job....I am sorry for this glitch.

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Great wine list! Stick with the local menu items and get the coconut cake for dessert! A must have!