“The Best Golf Vacation”

Royal St. Kitts Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Famed Canadian Acrhitch Thomas McBroom has skillfully remodeled Royal St. Kitts Golf Club to provide breathtaking views of the natural terrain. The course boasts spectacular and picturesque holes which border the black sandy beaches of the Atlantic Ocean and stretch to the calm waters of the Caribbean Sea. The "links" -style golf course has five par 3s with three full holes on the Atlantic, and two full holes on the Caribbean Sea. The golf course is spread over 125 acres of irrigated lush seashore paspalum, and advanced hybrid turf grass, specifically designed to tolerate the salty ocean spray. Displaying a moderate number of sand bunkers (83 total) and 12 beautiful lakes on the course, wide fairways, and large putting greens, it is a fair, yet challenging test of golf. Four sets of tee complexes allow golfers of all skill levels to enjoy the challenge posed by this magnificant layout. The finishing hole returns golfers to the "country club" -style clubhouse featuring a full-service golf shop, locker rooms, and clubhouse grille. Enjoy this challenging 18-hole, par 71 layout year-round. Take in the sights of aquamarine surf, black sand beaches, and the local wildlife including egrets, lizards, and green tail monkeys that occupy the surrounding landscape. The Royal St. Kitts Golf Club is sure to test your skills, while stimulating all your senses during a golf experience you will never forget.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Best Golf Vacation”
Reviewed April 25, 2006

After playing the golf course for the week I will never travel anywhere else in the Caribbean to play golf. Marriott Golf has done an outstanding job with the course and I highly recommend it. The golf shop staff and outside guys do a great job and are always on top of what you need to enjoy your day. (loved the cold towels after the round) If you go anywhere to play, you must go and play Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. Check out the clubs web-site, it's great, and will give you all the details you need to know about the place. Thanks again for a great week, can't wait to return.

14 Thank Muskokagolfpro

Wauconda, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Golf Paradise”
Reviewed April 12, 2006

I played the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club on March 29th. I truly enjoyed playing this course. It is definitely one of the most challenging courses I have ever played. Plus, how many times can you say you played a golf course which boarders two major bodies of water: the Caribbean on the Front and the Atlantic on the Back.

The clubhouse is a short walk from the front door of the Marriott. However, if you ask at the cab stand, they will have a golf cart sent for you. My wife and I had lunch earlier in the afternoon at the club house which was one of the finer meals we ate on the Islands. Plus, the assistant pro knew I was coming back so he gave us a coupon for a free drink in the clubhouse. The pro shop has the typical wears. Despite having brought along golf balls (which I highly recommend because they are expensive down there and you will need them), I forgot my golf glove. I was unable to find a XXL golf glove here.

I caught the twilight rate, and was able to put in all 18 before sun down. However, it did help that I was playing alone. The twilight rate at this time of year was $50 plus another $30 for club rental (for 9 holes, but they won’t charge you extra for getting more holes in with them). Greens fees are inclusive of your cart.

I started out on the front with some great shots. Water doesn’t really come too much into play except for Hole No. 8. I lost my first ball to that hole with a large lake on the side of the fairway. The odd thing about this course is that you don’t cross the club house until after the 11 Hole. The front is definitely more reflective of an older course without much change in elevation. However, getting around the bunkers was challenging. The best hole on the front is the third hole which takes you up to the Caribbean sea. You would almost be on the beach if not for the Oasis Sports Bar which separates you.

Once past the clubhouse, get the fins on and get ready for water. The back was definitely challenging! Hole No. 12 doesn’t get mention, but it has a cliff from the mountain on the left and water on the right. I think I donated a ball to the pond here too. Hole No. 14 was the start of the challenging holes for me. Playing with a change of elevation to the green caught me. However, the path between 14 and 15 provide one of the best views of the island. Absolutely beautiful!!! No. 15 is a 3 par down to green right by the black sand beaches of the Atlantic. No. 16 is probably one of most beautiful holes I have ever played. Seventeen doglegged left to face the Atlantic. At the curve you have a pond on one side and the Atlantic on the other. Another couple balls were donated here. Just when you think you are home free, the 18th has a large pond that didn’t play well with my slice. I think I ended up with a 110. Not bad for my first time out in months!

During our stay the course never seemed too busy. It was nice having the feel that you owned the course. It was very different from the courses I am used to where you feel hurried along. The staff is very friendly and most of them are Americans. Many of the assistants are interns (man…nice internship!).

Check out their website for more info on rates and times at (-)royalstkittsgolfclub(-)

Note: I believe the club sells off their rentals in March at the end of their season. They had a really nice set of Taylor Mades (R5 Graphite Drivers, Irons, bag and putter) for sale for $650 per set. If you are planning to play lots of golf down there and need a new set, you might email them to see if they are running this deal before you leave. The clubs were in remarkably good condition!

12 Thank Brian_Schoppe
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Golfing in Paradise”
Reviewed March 29, 2005

I just returned from a week in St. Kitts and can't say enough about the natural beauty and great weather. I needed some diversion and played golf at Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. It was one of the highlights of my trip. The course is in great shape from tee to green. It presents a challenge for golfers of all abilities. As a resort course, who could ask for anything more. The staff is very helpful and pleasant. A kind word and help always forthcoming. Great job.

25 Thank Stan056
Indianapolis, Indiana
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 250 helpful votes
“Best Course I Have Played”
Reviewed November 20, 2004

All I can say is that this is easily the best golf course I have ever played. I stayed at the St. Kitts Marriott and this course is owned and operated by Marriott management and is right by the resort. In the early 2000s a renovation of the course was made and in 2002 the back 9 was opened for play. The front nine was not opened until November 8, 2004 (I was there the week of November 15). I would consider this to be a very challenging course just from the layout. There are a lot of bunkers on the course and water comes into play on a large number of the holes (6 holes on the back 9 alone). Then take into account the winds that are down there and it makes it all the more challenging and fun!

First of all this is an extremely scenic course with either the Caribbean Sea, Atlantic Ocean, or mountains on almost every hole. Absolutely breathtaking. Also I have never seen a course in as good a shape as this one. It rained quite a bit the few days before I played it the first time and it was in impeccable shape, could barely find a divot in the fairways.

The three most scenic holes were 15, 16, and 17. Fifteen is a par 3 which is straight downhill with the Caribbean behind the green and bunkers basically surrounding the green. It was very windy (about a 3 club wind) when I played so be sure to take that into consideration.

Then came 16 & 17 where the entire left hand side of the holes are lined with the pounding waves of the Atlantic Ocean (yes the entire holes). It was truly breathtaking and remarkable.

I knew this course would be great but it exceeded every expectation I had of the course. As this course is still fairly new and the front 9 just opened, it hasn't been included in all the golf course rankings, etc but within the next couple years this course will without question be considered one of the best in the entire Caribbean. St. Kitts is a fabulous island (and I will be a frequent visitor) but just being able to play this golf course will make any golfer's trip.

Highly recommended!!