“One Of The Best”

Royal St. Kitts Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Famed Canadian Acrhitch Thomas McBroom has skillfully remodeled Royal St. Kitts Golf Club to provide breathtaking views of the natural terrain. The course boasts spectacular and picturesque holes which border the black sandy beaches of the Atlantic Ocean and stretch to the calm waters of the Caribbean Sea. The "links" -style golf course has five par 3s with three full holes on the Atlantic, and two full holes on the Caribbean Sea. The golf course is spread over 125 acres of irrigated lush seashore paspalum, and advanced hybrid turf grass, specifically designed to tolerate the salty ocean spray. Displaying a moderate number of sand bunkers (83 total) and 12 beautiful lakes on the course, wide fairways, and large putting greens, it is a fair, yet challenging test of golf. Four sets of tee complexes allow golfers of all skill levels to enjoy the challenge posed by this magnificant layout. The finishing hole returns golfers to the "country club" -style clubhouse featuring a full-service golf shop, locker rooms, and clubhouse grille. Enjoy this challenging 18-hole, par 71 layout year-round. Take in the sights of aquamarine surf, black sand beaches, and the local wildlife including egrets, lizards, and green tail monkeys that occupy the surrounding landscape. The Royal St. Kitts Golf Club is sure to test your skills, while stimulating all your senses during a golf experience you will never forget.
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Just played back nine with my daughter. The course from tee to greens was in excellent shape. Some of the views were breathtaking. Service from the lovely young lady at the desk, the man that brought our cart and showed us to the 10th, and finally the man that met us coming off the 18th with an ice cold towel could not have been better. Very friendly. We had to rent clubs and the Taylor Made equipment provided was very good. With club rental they provided shoes, glove, and two sleeves of balls. I would recommend this course.

1  Thank Stephen Z
Mike C, Director of Golf Operations at Royal St. Kitts Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Stephen,
Thank you for coming out and playing Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. Come back and see us again soon.

Mike

"long par"
"glove"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is one of those hidden gems that the local members must hate when attention is brought to it. The course has a relatively new Super, greensmaster and club pro...all of whom are excellent at what they do. The fairways and greens were immaculate and the rough frustrating but not impossible. As others have mentioned, there can be quite a bit of a breeze, so keep it low. There are a ton of bunkers and that makes up for the lack of trees to humble those who can't keep it in the fairway. They had a blight that killed nearly all of the coconut palms on the island, including those that lined the course. The new one's they've planted are coming in nicely and in a few years will add to the difficulty. I haven't been blessed to play many of the PGA courses that sit on the water, but I image the 14th through the 17th could rival any of them for their views.

If you didn't bring your clubs, don't worry. The rentals are much better clubs than most average golfers own. There is a guy who wanders the course collecting all of the errant shots and has bags of balls (18 to 24 to a bag) divided by brand on sale for $10. I'm an ok golfer and I only lost a few balls, though I heard from some others that losing a dozen or more is not uncommon on a really windy day.

I can't wait to go back and play this course again.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have only positive things to say about the Royal St. Kitts Golf Course, Staff, and experience, even though mine was short lived. I chose the Royal St. Kitts when researching my recent Caribbean cruise. I recommend the “Bring Your Swing” package that is available for tee times Noon or later. The advertised price at Noon was $145.00 which includes 18 holes, cart, Taylor Made Burner 2.0 Clubs, 12 Taylor Made Burner golf balls, and a Taylor Made golf glove that is yours to keep. The price we were initially charged was only $120.00, and I didn’t argue. Since virtually every other course on various islands averaged $180.00 green fee and an additional $60.00 to rent clubs, I thought this was a great value.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by friendly staff in the pro shop. They also gave us bottles of water for the round. We were able to get to our cart and clubs quickly and get going. The course was empty enough that they even included a free bucket of range balls. In hind sight, I wish we had foregone the range balls and started playing immediately, but so it goes with rental clubs and bad luck I suppose.

The front nine was honestly so-so. Much of the rough was not in great shape, but the fairways were good and the greens excellent. I did enjoy the mountainous terrain that surrounded us though. On hole 3, we got our first typical Caribbean downpour. It quickly passed though and the sun came back thankfully. We made it through hole 10 or 11 when the horizon got very gray and dark. The storm was coming our way and it didn’t look good. Had I known the forecast or had more time, I would have opted to play the back 9 first. The back 9 are the ocean holes and where you are really supposed to get your moneys worth. Sadly due to the constant heavy rain and time constraints, we did not get to finish. My only other small complaint is that the front 9 also goes through some less desirable housing areas and is not at all “fenced in” so several random course walkers tried to selling us golf balls and other items. It was unfortunate for the price paid that the course was not more private.

The staff was fair and accommodating though, and ended up only charging us $70.00 for the amount played. Couple that with the fact that we kept the glove and balls, and it was really a great deal. If I’m ever back in St. Kitts, I’ll check the weather and try again so that I can finally experience that back 9. I still recommend the Royal St. Kitts if you have the time and weather to play.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was my first experience playing golf in the caribbean and what an experience. The friendly welcome of the staff starts the day just great, as well as during the day on the course for beverages and food if needed. And afterwards took care of my return to the ship when it was time by calling a cab. The layout is just awesome with the back 9 have the sublime ocean views and the condition of the course is just "WOW". I definitely recommend playing here and if I ever go back will indeed play a round. Thanks for the awesome experience Royal St. Kitts.