“Good family place, but....”
Review of Rock Lobster

Rock Lobster
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Basseterre
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Be prepared to pay, of course everything is expensive in St. Kitts. The food was very good, all 4 of us were very happy with our meal.

TIP: they don't have a "Kid Menu" but if you ask they can serve you any meal in a kid's portion at a reduced price!

1  Thank EDUARDO N

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Friendly owner & staff. Incredible attention given to the preparation of their exquisite food! Delicious!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Upon arriving on the island my friend kept raving about the chocolate cake at Rock Lobster. Every day, she added this stop to the itinerary until we made it there and now I know why. This was the BEST cake EVER. I've never had a chocolate cake so moist and flavorful. Please keep it o. The menu...I'll be back. Thanks!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Near the end of our time in St. Kitts, we ventured here. We'd had enough of resort food and needed a change. Rock Lobster is within walking distance of the Marriott (maybe 10-15 minutes at a leisurely pace). It doesn't look like much, set back from the road. But it was truly our best discovery.

We went on a Thursday and they have an outstanding three-course dinner option (appetizer, entree, dessert AND choice of selected drink). My hubby got the three-course with a salmon cake app, steak & shrimp entree, chocolate fudge cake and sangria. I splurged on the seafood platter (whole lobster, crab legs, shrimp, mussels and clams) which came with a side of seasoned rice and veggies. I listened to the other reviews and got the coconut cake. Everything was delicious and well-prepared. After several lackluster meals, Rock Lobster was by far our best culinary experience of the week.

We went back the next night, because it was so good, and weren't disappointed. I had the seafood linguine - loaded with mahi-mahi, mussels, clams and shrimp. Hubby had the fish & chips. Again coconut cake for me and chocolate cake for the hubby :)

Do not hesitate to go here! Be sure to make a reservation - it helps. Bathroom is a little weird - one stall each for male and female, but they share sinks.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This restaurant is conveniently located on the strip. I had the rock lobster and it wasn't really good. It was over cooked, rubbery, and drenched in butter and garlic. So, it was like eating a clove of garlic. My husband got some sort of fish and it was okay as well, nothing great. We didn't drink anything and the bill was $140 US - crazy for a meal with no alcohol.